News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] Cutting The Thread [Highgarden x Tinker Toy] (fin)

Started by Astraea, April 13, 2021, 09:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astraea

Highgarden exited the post office, the automatic door behind her closing with a chiming noise. In her mouth was a plastic shipping envelope bulging with the stuff she'd ordered online.

"Finally." she though, her ears flicking, pleased. "I hope they look as good as they do on the website."

@Tristam

Tristam

A quick brown blur of a dog bolted around the corner and between Highgarden's legs, a squeaking toy in his mouth as he continuo off into the bushes.

"Theodore, GET BACK HERE!" Not but a few second later, a second, larger, greener blur came following after, except Tinker had the good graces of trying to stop when the mare suddenly came into his view. His hooves clatter as he tried to stop and eventually just tripped and finish back legs over head besides her. He grunted soft. "....Teddy..." He growled.

The bush had the gall to yip at him.

@Astraea

Astraea

Garden jumped and managed to take a few steps backwards to prevent herself being bowled over by the larger green blur. Her duel color wings were fluffed from the start and settled back into a rested state. She had gasped and her package had fallen to the ground near him.
She bent down next to his crumple form and picked it back up, catching his eye with her singular one.

"Oh," her voice was soft and slightly monotone. "Hello." she smiled a small smile of recognition. She picked up her package and tucked it under one green and crimson wing and took a step back.

@Tristam

Tristam

@Astraea

"Salutations..." He managed to grind out before crumpling completely onto the ground for a moment, before he slowly rearrange his legs back under himself and got back up with a quick shake of his body. "Sorry about that. Teddy is usually better behaved..." He glared towards the bush before smiling at her. While she might recognize him, he did not seem to place her, thought he was making an effort if the slight squint of his eyes is anything to go by. ".....I am sorry....I have misplace your name."

Astraea

"Ah, my name." Her tiny smile seemed to get a little bigger.

She took a moment to watch him right himself back onto his feet. He wasn't as tall as she last saw, but she wasn't as small either. He was easy to remember, hair red as blood and fur green as envy.

"Highgarden." she introduced herself, tucking some of her bangs behind her ear and out of her eyes.

@Tristam

Tristam

@Astraea

"What a beautiful name to forget......" He murmured more to himself then her. Ah, if she could only see the wheels in his head, doing double time at that name. "....I am honestly sorry, I am usually better at remembering phonies then this, but I guess the stress of getting the summer theme stock down for the toy shop must really taken it's toll on me. How may I gain your forgiveness?"

Teddy peeked out of the bush, a doll in his mouth. Were they done playing?

Astraea

"It's alright, I don't think we were introduced. I just remembered meeting you somewhere once...you're very distinctive." There was a small pause. "Hard to forget."

She was distracted by the dog. Highgarden lifted a small hoof and put it in front of Teddy's nose to sniff.

"It was also a long time ago, so nothing to forgive. Time moves faster then most of us can keep up with. I don't think we even exchanged names..."

@Tristam

Tristam

@Astraea

"Ah....a chance meeting." He smiled gently as Teddy sniffed at her hoof curiously. "I am Tinker Toy, then. It is nice to meet you once again, Garden."

Teddy finally dropped his precious toy and gave the hoof a lick, coming out of the bush completely. Tinker took that moment to snatch the toy and put it away in his bags. Jon the action figure did not deserve to get slobber on.

Astraea

"Chance and Fate are distant cousins." she said, finally petting the dog. "So my mom says."

"Tinker Toy." she muses with that name a little. "Should I call you Toy?" a slight wry smile on her face. "Toy and...Teddy?"

@Tristam

Tristam

@Astraea

"Cousins that exchances too much letters..."

His ears perked forward at being called 'Toy', it almost rips a purr  out of his throat, but he manages to keep it down. Interesting, something to explore later...somehow? "I do not recall ever being called that..." His voice a little lower, hmm, perhaps didn't manage to quiet put that thought out of mind. Oh blast it, she's cute. "Wouldn't mind being called that by you, tho...."

Astraea

Garden blinked, then laughed. She had been kidding, but if he insisted..

"Toy it is then." she said, amused. "It seems the mischievous cousins have conspired to cross our stars again. Maybe we should be concerned."

She ruffled Teddy's head. "Nice dog, is he yours or are you babysitting?"

@Tristam

Tristam

@Astraea

"Oh, most concern...." Tinker chuckled softly and looked down at the dog, who was loving the attention and fully leaning into the petting. "This little menace is mine. He usually doesn't behave this way around other adult phony, you are lucky."

He took a step closer to her and pulled one of Imp's signature grins. "Well, since these cousins have make so much effort....why don't we go get a coffee? My treat, since I almost trampled you..."

Astraea

"M..me?" She actually looked behind her for some pony else and blushed. "I'd..I'd really like too..but I sorta already have things I need to do today." Garden blinked. "And it's true, I'm actually not trying to brush you off!" Did her protests make her sound better or worse, she wasn't used to this. Damned cousins having a laugh no doubt.

She took a deep breath and composed herself. "I have more time during the end of the week, if that's ok? Besides, I think Teddy isn't done with his walk." The dog's tail was a blur and he was bouncing around even still.

@Tristam

Tristam

@Astraea

Alright, she is cute and adorable. He does believe her, there is no malice there he can detect, he still does give her a little pout. He wouldn't be him if he didn't play around a bit. "Well.....I suppose you are right, one should keep to what one promise. Even if it's a walk, and to a dog."

He grinned and dig out a card from his saddle bag. "I will believe you, and hope you will call me with a more exact time. After all, we shouldn't let those cousins' effort go to waster, right?"

Astraea

"Playing their game, I wonder which team will triumph. It's rarely us." she accepted the card, tucking it with her mailing package. "I will contact you tomorrow afternoon then." A tiny frown, she didnt have her bag with her card case in it, so she couldn't exchange.

"Remind me to give you a card the next time we meet."

She leaned down and gave Teddy a good petting. "Nice to meet you Teddy."

Standing back up, she started past Tinker. She raised up her wing at the last second letting the edge of her last primary wing feather drift across his nose. "See you later in the week Mr. Toy."

@Tristam