News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Laughter] A messy project [Rorschach x Bee Sweet]

Started by Nym, May 09, 2021, 05:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym

Bee Sweet had been paired with Rorschach, the two challenged to create a DIY volcano by the end of class. Bee's hooves held the instructions tenderly, as if a gentle hoof might convince the project to unfold to their desires peacefully. Classmates next to them already suffered by clumsy handlings, their ingredients spilling this way and that. It was meant to be messy, the teacher informed them all, but Bee didn't want to make any such disaster. No, they were going to make the best volcano!

"Um," he began, setting the instructions down. "Have you ever done this before?"

@Yasha

Yasha

Rorschach turned to his partner Bee Sweet. He had not had the chance to work his Bee yet, but was excited by the opportunity. In class he demonstrated politeness and a gentleness about him. Rorschach gave a small smile and began to overlook the instructions with his partner. "No, I can't say that I have... But it looks like fun."

The young unicorn started with the 'ingredients' for today. "Looks like we have some clay, paint, baking soda, food coloring and vinegar." He said tapping each of the ingredients with his hoof just to make sure they were all accounted for. "Okaaaay, step one is to build our mountain!~"

Nym

Clay and paint -- right, that seemed pretty direct enough. "Okay," he mumbled as he searched for something circular as a template, eventually pulling up his water bottle. "We could build around this for a base?"

He was relieved to have a partner in Rorschach -- someone who wouldn't boss the two of them around and would, most likely, actually be a team player. He could hear classmates around him, some arguing as they struggled to come up with a design. Bee Sweet wasn't the artistic sort, really, but he was sure Rorschach wouldn't put it against him.

@Yasha

Yasha

Rorschach perked up a bit as his partner offered up an empty water bottle for the sake of the project. "What a great idea Bee Sweet!~"

He was happy to take his time through the project. Half the fun would be getting to build this volcano. Why skip to the end? He shuddered at the pair who just pour all of their vinegar and baking soda together right at the beginning.  "Okay... so if that goes there. Then this can go here." He said walking through the instructions a bit more. "Now we can layer up the clay!" Rorschach didn't use his magic much so he just started to build up the clay by hoof.

@Nym

Nym

Bee Sweet beamed, unable to hide the pride he felt when his partner praised his idea. Rorschach began building the base, joined swiftly by Bee Sweet.

It was easy enough work, although tedious. Both unicorns opted not to use their magic (Bee still had a poor handle on his to be honest), making the work slow but rewarding. Bee was utterly enraptured, leaning back once their volcano had a bumpy but solid base.

"Now what? Lemme see..." he reached for the instructions, setting them for Rorschach to see as well. "Do we want to paint now? Or get the "lava" ready?"

@Yasha

Yasha

"Let's paint first, so it has time to dry."

Rorschach beamed happily to see their lumpy volcano coming together. Next he set up the paints. For colors they had brown, orange, yellow and red. "So I'm thinking mostly brown and then we can add some of these warm colors at the top to look like the lava is spilling out. It will add to the effect." The phony checked in with his partner before grabbing a brush and starting to paint with the brown.

@Nym

Nym

"Okay," Bee answered, grateful his partner had more of an artistic vision than he. Bee Sweet diligently helped adding the brown, pausing when it came time to paint the top (and honestly letting Rorschach take over the reigns there). It wasn't a masterpiece, by far, but Bee Sweet was proud of their volcano! It looked better than most of their classmates, even!

He had set his brush down towards the end, preemptively reading the instructions for their next task. Right, right -- the messy part. Their volcano had come together with minimal error and a prideful part of Bee wanted to keep it that way. He was usually so clumsy; this was enjoyable!

"I'm good at measuring, I got this one!"

@Yasha 

Yasha

"Perfect! While you are measuring out that lava ingredients, I can put the finishing touches here at the top of the volcano!"

Rorschach focused on the adding the final layers of yellow as his partner turned his attention to the last step. Once he finished, the unicorn was able to sit back and take a good look at what the two of them created. He was proud what the two of them were able to make together. He smiled watching Bee level off everything for the perfect measurements. Most the rest of the class were finish up their projects and washing up and getting ready to head outside for lunch and recess.

"Okay... are we ready for this?" He said kind of nervously.

@Nym

Nym

Bee Sweet carefully prepared their ingredients, counting each measurement accurately. Numbers were, for the most part, easy. He glanced towards Rorschach's finishing touches here and there, silently approving. He was glad to be paired with the other unicorn, honestly! He had never really spent time with Roarie but he knew of them. The project was enjoyable with the quiet foal by his side.

Once satisfied with his measurements Bee Sweet sat back, brushing his hooves off. Alright, time for the grand reveal.

"There! I'm all done."

He heard Roarie's nervous tone, swallowing thickly. It'd be fine -- they had worked hard! Hard work ended with results.

"We can do it together? Count to three?"

@Yasha

Yasha

Rorschach wiggled in excitement. Finally the big moment!!

He nodded to his partner and they counted to three together. "1...2...3..."

One foal had the dry ingredients. The other had the wet ingredients. The took turns dumping their measuring cups into the volcano. They sat wide eyed and patient for explosion. OwO

The smallest trickle of bubbles spilled over the lip of the volcano. Could it even be called an eruption? Rorschach squinted and peaked into  the eye of the volcano. Nothing! He paused for a moment before bursting into a fit of giggles. They did everything right! They followed the instructions to a T!!

"I'm--I'm sorry Beeeee!! It's just we tried so hard and we got this??"  He motioned to the volcano and just continued to cracked up. It was just too ridiculous even for him.

@Nym

Nym

After all their careful preparations and patience it was time! They had worked slowly and tidily together, following the instructions to a 't'. Bee Sweet couldn't fathom anything less than the perfect end result from their efforts, eyes wide and eager as they poured together.

It'd be an easy A. Something to bring home to his parents. They'd be incredibly impressed with him, he reckoned -- perhaps even so pleased that he could finally ask the question he had been holding off on. It was all coming to fruition, just seconds away as they dumped the ingredients together...

'Fizzzzzzle'

He sat there, still and confused. The volcano barely made a sound, the lava flopping over and rolling with little enthusiasm. His teammate burst into laughter, but Bee just stared. All that hard work, for... nothing?

Oh, but it was kinda funny.

He let out a laugh, following after Rorschach's humor as he rubbed at his eyes. Oh wow -- really? After all that and this is what they got? It was quite ridiculous, honestly, and it made him double over with laughter.

"Aaaaah! I can't believe- after all our effort- pfffft!" He nudged at the volcano, head tilting as he examined it between gasps of laughter. "It still looks nice, at least."

@Yasha

Yasha

Rorschach and Bee Sweet shared a laugh. It was nice to kind of let loose and enjoy the silly moment.

Their teacher came by to check in on the two and notice that their baking soda was expired. That explained the disappointing fizzle! She told them that they would try again after recess. "You two go clean up and get ready for lunch." The teacher said with a smile.

"Hey Bee, do you want to play together at recess today?" Rorschach said with a small excited hop as he grabbed his lunch box. They had lunch together and found out they had more things in common than being the quite kids in class. Rorschach hoped they would be paired together for future projects. 

What an eventful day!~

[END]

@Nym
(Hope you don't mind I wrapped it up! Felt like a good play to call it a day. Thank yooooou! <3)