News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Kindness] Shelling Out [Butter Beer & Shimmering Sea] (Closed)

Started by shortcutt, May 24, 2021, 10:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -was spending his time off from acting as help around Cloud Nine on the beach, kicking his hooves around in the sand as he walked, his mind preoccupied with the thought of shells being used as currency... If they were beautiful enough. Before there was money, that must've been what they used, right? Shells? Shiny rocks? Washed up crab... husks..? Eh, most likely shells and those beautiful, circular sand dollars. They were called sand dollars for a reason, after all. Right? Continuing to shuffle his way through the sand as he drew nearer to the water, the colt stopped when his hoof came into contact with the lip of a conch shell-- wait, a conch shell?!- Where in the world did this come from..? -carefully digging the shell out, he realized it was a bit smaller than the usual ones he'd seen in the beach-side shops, though he thought that it made the shell all the more precious. Happily placing it into his messenger bag, the young unicorn actually began to survey his whereabouts, on the lookout for more potential treasures he might have been missing while lost in his thoughts, and then a large stone, driftwood, and shell sculpture came into view...- How did I miss that? -There seemed to be somephony working on it-- Oh! A merphony was the artist decorating her sculpture. She seemed rather talented at the particular placements, too. Finding himself wandering over in her direction, he smiled when he approached her finally, unable to keep himself from commenting on the work- That's a pretty impressive thing you've got there! It's really beautiful.

HopelesslyPretty

Shimmer: -has been on the beach a couple of hours now, assembling her latest piece. The sculpture was abstract in particular subject but did generally resemble an ocean wave in shape with a curving peak and wider base. She was stretching up on her tail a bit to work on intertwining some pieces of stray fishing net she'd found and was concentrating pretty strongly. When the voice of a foal unexpectedly sounded up and so close she squeaked a bit in surprise and bumped into the structure- E-eek!! -While the whole thing fortunately didn't collapse (she was always careful to make sure that things were structurally sound although no, she didn't have a degree in engineering or art) some thinner pieces of wood and shells did drop out from the places where they were initially nestled within the sculpture that was currently almost as tall as the mare. She quickly circled around the piece and over to Butter Beer, not angry but genuine relief on her face when she saw that he was unhurt- Oh, thank goodness... You're alright! Thank you for the compliment but I guess it's a little less pretty now, huh? -giggles softly, trying to make the best of the situation even if she knew she'd have to put more work in now-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -jumped a little when some of the pieces began to fall from the sculpture, suddenly worried that the merphony would be angry with him for startling them into bumping into the art. When the mare had expressed concern, rather than anger, he relaxed again, making his way to help pick up the shells and small driftwood that had fallen.- I'm okay. Nothing fell on me, but I'm really sorry that I startled you. I really did just want to tell you how nice it looked. -he smiled a little and corrected himself promptly- How nice it still looks. Can I help you put these back in their places? I'd feel really bad if I just left without helping, if I could. Oh-- I'm Butter Beer, by the way.

HopelesslyPretty

Shimmer: -claps her hooves in pleasure. She always happy to meet someone who had an appreciation for the arts and someone young was even more impressive in her opinion. She really appreciated it as Butter Beer began to collect the fallen bits and she joined him- That's so sweet of you! Thank you, Butter Beer. My name's Shimmering Sea but my friends call me Shimmer. -extends a hoof to him for a 'hoofshake. Once they'd made a small pile together of the fallen components she stood back to look at the structure, trying to remember where each piece went. After a minute or two she realized she'd completely forgotten already- Um... Why don't you help decide where they should go? Anywhere that fits is fine! -eagerly asks Butter Beer for his help and opinion, not realizing that she might be a bit overbearing with her enthusiasm-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: Shimmer. I won't forget that. -happily commits the mer's name to his memory, extending his own hoof to shake hers- Oh, I'm, um... Not an artist at all, really. But I do remember where some of the pieces go! I can show you. -begins pointing out where the larger pieces had come from, but he couldn't quite remember the placement of the small shells. Well, she had asked for him to help decide their location, so he supposed he could help, even if he really did lack artistic vision.- Maybe the lighter shells should go at the peak and the end of the curve? It looks like a wave to me... So... I think that might be nice. -carefully gestures to the part of the sculpture he was talking about, hoping Shimmer wouldn't judge him for bad taste, or something.-

HopelesslyPretty

Shimmer: -hums a little melody to herself and nods as she followed along with the areas that Butter Beer pointed out. In her mind, the sculpture itself was like a puzzle - she just needed to put the pieces together in the correct places in order to complete her vision for any of her artworks. Lifting a piece of driftwood up took a little effort for the merphony but she was able to get it adjusted and put back into its original position. She looked down to Butter Beer, gasping with glee once he said her piece was a wave- Oh my gosh, yes! You are SO right! It is a wave! I think the places you picked are perfect - they'll catch the sun just right! -picks up a couple of shells to help form the foam of the cresting wave, enjoying having a helper for the day- Do you come out to the beach to pickup shells too, Butter Beer? I spend hours out here every day... it's so calming!

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -was glad that he had guessed the shape correctly. It would've been ultra embarrassing if he had insulted an abstract piece that had nothing to do with waves... But. He never really understood art in the first place, aside from the value of the master paintings.- I come out to the beach to think, usually. I miss pretty shells most of the time— But oh! I found this one just before I came over to talk to you! -reaches into his side bag to pull out the small conch shell, a wide grin on his face- I never find anything like this, that's for sure. -gaze flicks back to the sculpture, eyeing a fantastic spot at the crest of the wave where the shell could go- Shimmer... -he smiled, carefully offering the pink and cream shell to the artist- Would you like this shell? I think it would be more useful in your hooves than mine.

HopelesslyPretty

Shimmer: -knew that everyphony had their own different reasons to come to the beach. While she was almost always on the lookout for more materials for her artwork, she could also come out and take a moment for relaxation or just to meditate for a bit- I hope you're enjoying the weather today! It's a perfect day for a swim or a stroll. -tilts her head curiously when Butter Beer mentioned a particular shell. When he pulled out the conch she almost leapt off the sand with excitement just from seeing the pretty little thing. But oh, he wanted her to have it? She beamed, eagerly nodding her head up and down at his offer- Yes, oh yes, please! You are so, so thoughtful, Butter Beer! -carefully takes the shell and reaches up to place it on the sculpture. She'd coincidentally noticed the same spot as the colt and placed it there, creating a lovely bit of tint to the creamy colors she'd already installed- It's beautiful! I think you gave me just what I needed to turn this into a real masterpiece!

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -watched as Shimmer placed the shell at the crest of the work, a broad smile on his face as she did so. It definitely did look better up there than buried in the sand. The colt was actually rather happy that he could make the merphony's day with the small conch—It had been a lucky find, and even luckier that it got to be used in such a nice piece of art.- I really ought to come out here more often! That way, if I stumble across any pretty shells, I can save them for the next time I see you out here. Would that be okay? If I collected shells for you? -he shuffled his hooves in the sand a little bashfully, a little proud of himself that he had been complimented by such a pretty and talented mare, if only for stopping to help out and add something to her work.-

HopelesslyPretty

Shimmer: -giggles softly, noticing the foal seemed a little embarrassed but she really had meant what she said that his presence had been extremely helpful here today- Of course, Butter Beer. You can come to visit me anytime! I'd like to see what other treasures you can help me add to my sculptures. It makes me really happy to be able to share this one with you. -looks back the sculpture, thinking about what to name the newly completed piece- Hm... Before I take the rest of your day, I think we should name it together, Butter Beer!

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -name the piece? Oh, was he even qualified to do such a thing? Wasn't that the artist's personal choice..? Well, if she had asked for his assistance, so... He guessed it was alright.- Um... Something having to do with the ocean... -he was terrible at this. But he put in his honest effort, digging through all the titles it could possibly have. Pink Wave? No... Too literal. Shells Out? Bad pun. The young colt grumbled a little as he thought, kicking his hooves in the sand before he settled on something he thought would actually sound good for what the piece represented. Well, to him, at least.- What about Gift from the Sea..? -he smiled, his small tail flicking behind him as he waited eagerly for Shimmer's thoughts.-

HopelesslyPretty

Shimmer: -eagerly awaits the name that Butter Beer created for the piece, very curious about his opinion of it. Once he offered his choice she nodded with approval, smiling at him- That sounds wonderful! Gift from the Sea... It makes me think of our new friendship too! -walks around the sculpture a couple times, repeating the name aloud to really let it 'sink in' to the art piece- I know this sculpture won't last forever, but I promise that I'll never forget it or your help today, Butter Beer! It really meant a lot to me. Hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll see you again so we can make another piece together. Take care! -waves the foal goodbye as the both parted ways for the day, feeling that his kindness had left a deep impression on her-