News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

MMitT Locker Room: Babby Contender ORP

Started by Jun, June 04, 2021, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ph0ny

The babby contenders, post de-blindfolding and registration, have been ushered into a barebones locker room to change and prepare for their upcoming battles. Besides lockers lining the wall, there are long perfunctory benches in the middle of the room. Given that the room's doors opens to the auditorium - visible past the frosted glass - it seems that the babbies are expected to make both their entrance to and exit from the ring through this very door. As the time ticks down, more babbies filter in. The air is tense...for now.

OOC: Only registered babbies are to use this ORP thread. RP can occur at any time, whether before the match, in the midst of matches, or after. Just make sure that the people involved are generally on the same page and that there's no weird time-bending occurring in different parts of the locker room. Reactions and discussions ICly are all welcome.

For OOC chatter, please use the General Discussion thread or our Discord.

cursedwanderer

For awhile there was darkness and unease built in Hellion's stomach. We're the blindfolds really necessary? 

The colt chewed his lip, wondering what he'd gotten himself into.  It was almost like the colt had been kidnapped, even though he knew he'd signed up for this willingly.  Was it possible that perhaps this was just a front for organ harvesting?

As he felt hands untying his blindfold relief flooded him before he was blinded by the sudden light.  The colt blinked and held his hooves up to his eyes as he waited for them to adjust.  He may of grown up on the street, but he wasn't involved enough in underground activities to know about the level of intimidation that went into them. 

Once his vision cleared the batwing took a glimpse around the room, spotting his sister, Hijinks across the room.  Huh, he hadn't know she was signing up.

Flitting towards his sibling he contemplated a plan.  Neither of them were strangers to playing dirty, maybe they could work something out to bring home the prize together. 

@Alanna the Pirate Queen
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Ruriska

Bushido was calm, outwardly.

As soon as she had arrived at the locker room she had changed and settled into a meditation stance. The steady breaths were helping calm her racing heart. There was no point in being so hyped up when her match wasn't until later.

Her mantra was very simple: I am a warrior.

It didn't matter to her if she won. All she wanted to do was her very best and fight with honour. Her storyline she was taking personally. When she stepped out there she would be the ninja fighting for vengeance.

Being here and waiting for her chance in the ring was important to Bushido. She had spent so much time honing her abilities, seeking a path, only to find it in helping others. But that didn't mean she couldn't pursue things just for herself as well. She was allowed to be selfish and put her body on the line if that was what she wanted.

Bushido pulled in a long breath and then released it.

Byagane319

Checkmate went over the rules of the ring once more.  A tenth time couldn't hurt.  Not to mention his backstory ensured he must follow all the rules to the letter.  He also went over strategies in his head.  Under normal circumstances Checkmate was larger than some foals, given his carousel heritage.  But then there was his draft father giving him a good bit a size as well. However size was a variable that could be used against him.  Center of gravity, more surface area to move to avoid punches, that sort of thing.  He was thinking about an effective size step and dodge when he caught the sight of a familiar face.

Bee.  Bee was here.  His brother was fighting too?

Putting the rule book down he trotted quickly over, "Bee?  Bee!  What are you doing here?"  A single thought going through his head.  He might have to fight his own brother.

@Nym

Bebe's little sweetheart

Fealine

Aegis eyed the other foals around, spotting her sibling but also her niece and nephew. She snerked at the thought. Sometimes she forgot she had other family besides her siblings (which included Error). Still. She was here to take it all and she wasn't about to let anyone else get in her way.

Least of all family.

Marching her way over to Requiem, she grinned, while also sticking out her tongue. "So dad conned you here too eh?" she laughed, flaring out her wings before turning to size up the other contestants. There was another Carousel foal besides herself and Req though he didn't look like much of a challenge.

@Astraea

Scaramouche Fandango

This was legitimately the best thing to ever happen in Third Impact's life. Not ONLY did she get to fight other phonies, she wasn't going to get in trouble for it AND she got to try out a bad guy name! Not that she'd, you know, ever be a supervillain, but it was nice to pretend sometimes, right? Of course right. She smeared some greasepaint under her eyes. It was supposed to be for baseball, a different sport entirely, but she didn't care. It looked cool, if you could see it against the dark purple of her fur. She made her best war face in one of the wall mirrors, then yelled ferociously... then started bouncing around and giggling. She couldn't keep a straight face or a ferocious face. She was just too dang excited about the whole thing. Her dad was coming, and he'd get to see how good she really was, and even if she didn't win, she was going to have the absolute time of her life. She zipped around the room, checking out her competition while warming up her wings. She buzzed up to a black unicorn with red and green hair who seemed to be practicing stances. "Are you excited? I'm so excited. This is gonna be so much FUN! Hi!"

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Bushido's mental mantra stuttered away as her tranquility was shattered by one of her competitors. She opened her eyes with a soft sigh and lifted herself in a more alert yoga stance instead. Might as well stretch if she was going to be talking.

"I'm very excited to regain my honour and claim the vengeance that is owed me," she answered, attempting to stay in character with head tilted up in a classic cat pose. From that position she looked the other Phony over. Bushido was obviously going for a ninja vibe and had the relevant costume items to make the look work but she couldn't tell what theme this girl was going for at all.

Regardless she seemed nice, even if she was someone Bushido might have to destroy into the ring.

"And hello." She smiled. "I wish us both good fortune on the battlefield."

@Scaramouche Fandango 

Nym

Bee was positively shook, leaving the large colt with wide eyes and frazzled hair. He delicately tried to pat it down, mumbling under his breath as he cursed his inability to properly predict events. He had thought it was a joke, playing along with his classmates without care or abandon! Now that he had been blindfolded and shoved into.... wherever they were, he regretted almost every mistake he had made up until that point.

Really, when he looked at the "competition" he felt nervous, swallowing thickly. Coming from a draft phony and a carousel it made him rather large, and he was sure he could win a few tussles with a firm hoof. The thing was... he wasn't good at hurting others! He had never even been in a fight before! Some of the other fillies and colts looked positively ready to stomp him in public, and, well, Bee was sure they'd get their way.

He heaved a loud sigh of relief as a familiar voice called out, head snapping to meet the gaze of Checkmate. He reached out, touching Checkmate's hooves gently in greeting.

"I thought it was a game! A joke!" He exclaimed, frowning suddenly. Wait. "Wait -- why are you here?"

@Byagane319

Syrcaid

Live and Let Wine sat at a makeshift vanity table she made with some crates, cardboard boxes, and the entire contents of her purse.  If she was going to wrestle, she was going to do it looking good.  She'd heard that lady wrestlers had to be glamorous as well as tough so she did her best to look like the show must go on.

"Leave a beautiful corpse," she sighed, applying copious amounts of eye liner and mascara.  Live hoped all the sequins and rhinestones she'd applied to her hair and face would stay on long enough, the product description said waterproof but didn't mention anything about withstanding high impact.

She didn't expect to win, but she hoped like hell that it'd get her a few more friends her age.

cursedwanderer

While his sister was getting ready, Hellion scoped out the rest of the competition.  The carousels certainly had a size advantage and he'd have to worry about the pegasi' unfair advantage over his sister.  Unicorns could certainly use their magic but he couldn't imagine there would just be items left in the ring for them to use as weapons.

He set his eyes on a unicorn filly who was doing her makeup of all things.  While Hellion could appreciate the work that went into makeup as an artist, it didn't seem like now was the most opportune moment to be practicing the art.

The colt squeezed through the crowd of other foals, bumping into a vaguely familiar carousel pegasus on his way over to the unicorn.  For a moment he registered the white carousel, but he was unable to place her and he let out a small "hmph" before he continued to the brown uni.

"I'd be careful with what you put on your face and hair.  Don't want a sequin falling in your eye in a fight.  I don't know what the rules are but hair pulling might be involved too."

@Fealine @Syrcaid
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Syrcaid

"I'm not going to the hospital looking like a side of beef," she insisted, using a comically large puff to powder her nose.  "This is the only way I know how to put on a show, maybe I'll blind the competition if I have enough sequins."

She pulled out a large pair of goggles, and secured them on.

"Besides, I've got eye protection.  I want to see the face of my killer, that way if I survive I can spot them in the line-up later," she half joked.

@cursedwanderer

FrostyPeaches

Wave did not recognise any of the little ponies in the locker room and almost thought that he had come into the wrong waiting room seeing how there are so many landponies were gathered into the room. 

Blowing at the tips of his hair, he remained confident as he zoomed around the room in his hoverboard and eventually spotting another one like him but sparklier.

He joined the brawl cuz he wanted to fit in but also wanted to make new friends. there is no other day seeing so many different kinds of personalities just waiting to have fun in the ring! however, some seem very serious to win and he decided to try and avoid them the most.

In the end he stayed near the window and looked outside as the rain started to fall over the city... He wondered if there will be anyphony watching them wrestle as he smiled, since he had no parents no one will yell at him later if the cityphony police barges in...
so sleepyyy ;-;

cursedwanderer

"If you can't fight well and you end up against someone who can then you might end up at the hospital looking like a side of beef with sparkles as seasoning."  The colt retorted.  "I know at least a couple of the foals here have at least some idea of what they're doing."  Hellion thought of his sister in the other corner.  She wouldn't hesitate to sucker punch someone or use an explosive if she got the chance.

"Blinding the competition is certainly an appealing idea but I think you'd need more glitter than that.  Maybe a metallic body paint..." He mused.  It certainly was an idea, though he doubted it would help much unless she got lucky.  The goggles on the other hand...

"Those are definitely smart, but you're going to want to keep one hoof up by your face to protect it.  Dominant hoof should be lower to block your squishy guts."  He rose up on his hind legs, positioning his front hooves to show her what he meant.  "The goggles will protect your eyes, but if you get punched in them you'll have a nasty bruise around the rim.  If your eyes are all puffed up you'll have a hard time seeing to point your murderer out to the cops," Hellion smirked. 

@Syrcaid

Astraea

Requiem walked in from her second match, stood at the door of the locker room and shook sweat from her mane and tail.

"Another servant under my thrall." she said, passing other winners and those yet to have their turn. Streaks of glowing bright white paint in the shape of bones smudged on her fur and and half melted skull on her face. With her magic, she wet a towel with cool water and began to wipe herself down, cleaning off the paint.

If one of the other foals came anywhere near her and looking like they'd want to say something, she'd turn her head and say in a quiet voice. "Please don't get entangled with me, I don't want to add you to the pile of bodies I'm starting to build."

Her black fur now clean, she opened her mouth and popped out a plastic retainer from both the top and bottom rows of teeth and started running them also under the cool water. Her magic pulled out a case and pulled out a large paint marker. Hogging the bench in front of one of the tall mirrors haphazardly propped against the wall by someone, she began repainting the bones on her fur. Ribs emerging from her saddle, leg bones, and some vertebrae along her back and neck. She focused, repainting the skull on her face and whiting out her horn. Magic capped the marker while Req shook her retainers and small cartridges popped out and clattered on the ground. She grabbed the expelled cases and tossed them into the trash can. Pushing in new cartridges, she shoved the clear plastic mouth guards back into her mouth and clacked her teeth together. Slowly her mouth began to glow ice blue.

She did a fake, silent scream, checking herself in the mirror and then tussled her hair, making sure she looked every bit the undead flank kicker a load over priced Halloween make up could make her look like. Pleased, she put in her ear buds, closed her eyes and began to vibe till her next match.

Nym

The matches continued on and Bee Sweet studied, although with nervous tapping of his hooves and faint muttering. He had truly messed up signing into the event and now his first opponent was certainly someone to not be trifled with. Requiem returned from her match and he swallowed nervously as he approached her, keen on at minimum ensuring he remained polite at all costs.

"Excuse me," he called, noting her earbuds. He had meant well, mostly to wish her luck, even if it meant wishing well for someone who was about to quite literally stomp him into the ground. Her reaction, however, caught him off-guard.

'Please don't get entangled with me, I don't want to add you to the pile of bodies I'm starting to build.'

Oh -- oh right. They were about to be pitted against one another -- right. He cleared his throat, almost wilting despite his large size. "Sorry! I-I'll see you in the ring!"

And then he bolted, sliding up to where his brother had once been until he had failed his match.

This was the worst.

@Astraea