News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] I Truly Had No Idea [Kiwi Kiss x Happy Endings]

Started by Nym, June 05, 2021, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym

Kiwi Kiss wasn't unaware of her good fortune lately -- blessed by the friendship (with benefits) with Lemon Lime which had begun to unwind a realization in her that she was worth another. Gone were the insecurities she had accumulated from an age of loneliness, instead replaced by a blossoming understanding of who she was and what she wanted. She wanted forever with someone, regardless of what it came with. She was ready to try the path of love earnestly and enjoy the fun in-between. Her nights with LL were rewarding and healing, reminding her of her own worth. Someone out there would be her one and only, and she was on the hunt.

Happy Endings was a sweet flutter -- charming, confident, and equipped with a sense of humor she found absolutely delightful. All musts in her list of 'what makes a good partner'! She had invited him over for the night, intent on revealing the tickets hurriedly dropped into her hooves by a customer and pursue, at minimum, a friendship. If more came then that would be lovely, but regardless she found the flutter charming. She just hoped he didn't mind the invitation, but that was the point of the mixer, right? To meet others and expand your circle?

She fussed in the mirror, tussling curls tightly. She had debated letting her hair down, deciding against it with a soft sigh. Her home was a floor above her little green store, just as green as its counterpart. Vanity came to Kiwi at times, evident as she fixed her hair and inspected her face. Oh, she did hope he found the place easily enough, but she didn't dare text him again. No need to rush, after all!

@cursedwanderer 

cursedwanderer

Happy Endings was well groomed and looking his best.  The stallion even had sprayed a dash of cologne on and added a drop or two of gel to his mane.  This sort of thing was his purpose and he rather considered himself an expert at going on dates (and getting them).  He'd grown up reading his mother's romance novels and he'd learned from them all about the art of love.

He had not been surprised when he'd heard from the green flutter.  He had done his best to try and woo as many of the attendees at the singles mixer as possible.  Happy was quite pleased that he'd seemed to at least successfully ensnared one phony from the event. 

Glancing at his watch, the stallion approached the shop at the address he'd been directed and pulled out his phone.  Dialing the number Kiwi had called him from, he rang her.

"I'm out front." 

@Nym
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Nym

Her phone went off and her wings fluttered, answering it with a quick motion.

"Hello ye- Oh! Happy Endings! I'll let you right up."

The small flutter eagerly left her home and flew down the stairs, meeting her newest friend at the door of her shop. It was closed for the evening, jingling faintly as she opened the door and beamed. Just on time!

"Did you find the place alright?" She questioned, holding the door open for Happy. The interior of her store was green, decorated in all assortments of kiwi-themed items and trinkets with a bakery against the back wall. It was neat and tidy, smelling of soft incense and soap.

"Are you hungry?" She followed with, eager to ensure her guest was well taken care of. He certainly looked it, but, err, well -- she wanted to be a good host at minimum.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

The stallion put on a smile as the mare opened the door. 

"You look lovely tonight," he said with a short bow of his head.  It was expected of him, but he did think that her hair looked rather nice at the moment.  "I haven't been around this part of town before, but your description of your shop was certainly accurate."

Man, there sure were a lot of kiwis everywhere he thought as he gazed around the store.  It would be an understatement to say that Kiwi was obsessed with kiwis.  Happy wasn't sure he'd ever seen someone who's life was so completely dominated by their purpose before.  But, he supposed, they do say that if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life.  Maybe an obsession with fruit was the true key to happiness he thought with a shrug.

He wasn't one to judge much.  In his line of work he saw people with all sorts of peculiar fixations.

"I would never say no to food."  Especially if he could get it on someone else's dime.  "Did you have something in particular planned or were you wanting to do something spontaneous?"

@Nym
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Nym

She hummed pleasantly at his compliment, uttering a soft response of appreciation as she fluttered her wings. "You look nice yourself, Happy!" She chirped, truthfully meaning it. His hair, especially -- which always looked tamed and stood out against his purple colors.

"It's a sight in this area, for sure. Bright green against brown and blue is an easy catch- part of the reason I chose here, honestly."

That, and the seaside smelled awfully nice.

"I made dessert," she admitted as she patted down a lock of hair. "But I left dinner up for chance; we could order in or go out? There's a ocean-themed restaurant that just opened up!"

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

Of course he did, the stallion thought.  Happy was nothing if not prideful of his appearance.  Many a moment was had that involved meticulous maintaining of his mane.

"Ah, you even included location as part of your marketing strategy," the stallion hummed.  "That's rather clever."  It was almost like peacocking if one could peacock with a house and made him consider choosing an area full of less attractive stallions the next time he needed to find a new customer.  While he always liked to stand out in a crowd, he didn't stand out the same way Kiwi's shop did.   

"You're telling me you're not what's on the menu for dessert tonight?"  Happy cocked an eyebrow and leaned towards her with a smirk on his lips. "That is rather sweet of you though."

The stallion gazed around Kiwi's kiwi themed shop then back towards the door.  "Lady's choice," he said with a bow.

@Nym