News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

Lost...and Found?! A Surprise CYOA

Started by Ph0ny, January 24, 2022, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinded By Silence

Ess heard the commotion and turned from her perch on top of the trash heap. Turning, she saw the herd of phonies pushing and pulling and kicking? A robot? Wait, WHOA.

"Yo,"
She called out excitedly as she slid down to join the group, "Is that a Roids?! Or maybe... a Gundumb? So cool!" Her eyes sparkled.

Man, this was just like that one episode... How did those kids help the robot transform, again? She decided to fumble with its arms, seemed like a good place to start.

Arms: 6 Points!

Ruriska

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Ruriska

Itsy Bitsy was coming to terms with the fact that this journey was just going to continue to get stranger and so being surprised by anything really wasn't worth the energy. Instead she watched curiously as the others jumped to it, grabbing pieces, prodding and pulling.

She watched over each foal, making sure something untoward happened and when it seemed as though the work was nearly done, she stepped in as well, many limbs working in unison to finish putting the arms into place.

"There we are, you're nearly all better," she cooed to the robot with gentle reassurance.

Arms: 6 points!

purpleroses

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

legg

purpleroses

Torte Bar was very proud of their little party with how quickly everyone had worked together to dispatch the robot. She saw that all that had been left was the legs, and she used her great pegasus strength to pull on the legs, as hard as she could!

thy

Lemma had done barely anything to the robot, sadly. She couldn't quite tell how it was supposed to fold up, and had nothing better to do than watch as everyone else made quick work of folding it all up. It seemed like only seconds before it was nearly ready to roll out...and then another babby came to take Lemma's place with the arms, and then the spider lady, and then all that was left was the leg just barely out of place...oh!

Well. Their party made for a great team. "Great job, everyone!"

Scaramouche Fandango

"Ah!" the robot says as he's shoved back into his bulldozer form. "That's so much better. Thank you! Give me just a second and I'll get the path cleared." True to his word, he gets the plastic shoved into piles pretty efficiently. "I have to thank you- I got trapped down here, and the rest of the crew won't be back until after the weekend. It would have been very annoying to be caught under there much longer. But you guys- you're all topsiders. You shouldn't be down here– it's not safe. Between the decaying plastic making things physically unsafe and the rest of the weird stuff that's down here- well, that's why the crew and I were hired on. Somebody wants this stuff cleaned up. But it's never ending! And-" the bulldozer stops, seemingly aware of how deep into the mountains you all are. "Some of you seem to have awfully little legs. If you kids want to hop on, you're welcome to ride for a bit."

"So like I was saying, we're doing cleanup on this level. Shoving the plastic around, looking for useful stuff, and trying to make sense of the mess down here. It's me and a bunch of other transmorphers. There's our camp now!" The bulldozer honks his horn and jolts forward.

"Pusher!" shouts one of the bots. "We were wondering where you were!"

"Got caught under a plastic avalanche, no thanks to you, Shove Off!"

There's lots of good-natured ribbing and friendly hellos as the cleanup bots welcome you into camp. They're genuinely friendly, but– as the group soon discovers– not entirely helpful. It's not that they're trying to obfuscate, it's that they just haven't seen the missing phonies.

"Have you seen any others like us?" Ender asks, but they all shake their heads or wiggle their wheels depending on whether or not they're a vehicle or a humanoid robot.

"Can't say that I have, but we haven't been here very long. Only a few months."

"Did you come in from the top? How'd you get in?"

"Get in? We cut a door down in the foothills, past the big lake of slurry. If you keep going down and west, you can't miss it."

So that's your way out. But where are the missing phonies? After some deliberation, the bots point out that there's several lower levels that could easily house them, and on their way here, they did meet some other mountain residents.

"But be careful," your bulldozer friend admonishes. "There's some things down there we didn't really understand... and there's definitely some traps. If the people who hired us are serious about cleaning this place up, they're going to need more than just a crew of construction bots. We got attacked a couple of times on our way up here by things in the darkness. Before you go, I want to give you something. It's an emergency radio, and if you get trapped somewhere, you can radio for help. We'll try to come get you."

Armed with the radio, the group proceeds deeper into the mountain. At least there's something of a safety backup now. The bots show them how to get down to the next level, and where the path to the door is. There's no signs it's been used since the bots came in, no tracks or anything. No, you know deep down that the lost phonies are still in the mountain.

The group proceeds with great caution, constantly checking for traps. It's quiet... almost too quiet. Then, from seemingly nowhere, there's the clack of something against plastic. Quietly, a single marble rolls down a pile of plastic. It rolls to a stop, and for a moment, everything is still...

And then the ground erupts in a flurry of teeth. It's a feeding frenzy! There's something alive in the plastic!

What do you do?

A: Hide!
B: Run!
C: Climb a nearby plastic pile!
D: Panic!

@Ruriska  @Maxx  @Jun  @thy  @FrostyPeaches  @Nym @Syrcaid @purpleroses  @Blinded By Silence

Jun

"Whoah!" Diamond shouted, but what she really meant was AAAAHHHH!!!

She scrambled up the nearest pile, threw her wings open midway, and didn't stop flying.

Her mama (and papa but mama sounded catchier) gave her these wings, she wasn't gonna waste them and get eaten by whatever the hell was going on!

But, uh...she probably can't fly very long.

Maxx

Paper Tiger had no hesitation in making her metaphysical decision - this was it! The opportunity for the adults to sacrifice themselves for her!

"I'm just a baby, Itsy-Bitsy," she bawled, D. panicking, "Bullseye, I'm too young to die!"

They were Old Enough to die by rows and rows of plastic teeth.

( @Ruriska @FrostyPeaches I'm sorry this girl is Not Good )

Syrcaid

"Holy sssssmokes!" Nightvine stammered out, before he even realized what was happening his body was already making a mad scramble to get out of its way.  "What's it eating!??"

(C: Climb a nearby plastic pile!)

FrostyPeaches

She may have slacked off on building the shabby robotcar together with the rest of the team (thx but no thx to unfortunate long workhours) but at least it was put back together and working again!  Kind of relieved, she saw that a whole group of hired robotcars were sent down to clean this mess.. and they are uh... quite...strong and handy? like look at the one they fixed up offer rides to the small babbins while the older ones can walk behind it to tag along she noted to herself.

But Bullseye was not ready to let her guard down just yet even if the robotcars gave them information that they can get THROUGH a cut door to go to the outside world. maybe i could get out IF I ACTUALLY MANAGE TO SAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THE LOST PONIES SOMEWHERE HIDDEN IN THIS MASSIVE CAVE,  she thought. it'd be better if they could at least make some noise or shine some light or make a fire to tell others were they actually are....

Her focus shifted elsewhere as she felt the earth shake beneath her hooves. "whatthef-------udge...." in front of her were rows of sharp teeth and it's eating the earth up like soft cake... "HELLO HELP US! MANY SHARP TEETH!!!!!" she screamed through the radio! The slender BnG was already running as she screamed incoherent words at the radio hoping the dang bots would show up on time to fight it. Instinctively, she climbed up the nearest pile of plastic junk, but heard a tiny voice call out to her. "OH MY STARS" she screamed at the radio as she turned to see who it was, "THE BABS ARE GOING TO DIEEEE!"  With deer in headlights eyes, she held out a long shaky leg at Paper Tiger. "COME ON GRAB MY LEG COME UP HERE!!!" she screamed, @Maxx , her nanites heart beating against her throat. nononono i can't let the poor bab die. "HURRYYY GRAB MY HAIR IF YOU HAVE TO!!" she screamed loudly over the sound of crumbling earth and razorsharp teeth shooting up through the junkyard. mygodwhatamess!
so sleepyyy ;-;

Nym

Weatherly was just a foal -- just a wee lonely foal who was now going to die by teeth.

So many teeth.

He fled onto a plastic pile, swallowing a scream in favor of panicked heaving. "I didn't even make a friend yet!"

purpleroses

Oh no! Scary teeth grew from the plastic below them, and Torte watched as everyone else tried to find higher ground, or panicked. How awful. There were way too many children here, so Torte began to run, hoping to distract the teeth from all the children. She could at least fly away if it go too close to her, a skill not all the children possessed.

"Try and get me, teeth!"

B: Run!

Ruriska

The transmorpher's had been ever so kind, even with no useful knowledge about lost Phonies. Itsy Bitsy was already planning on sending them a thank you fruit basket once she returned to the outside world (if she ever did). Did car robots even eat fruit? Regardless, they would surely appreciate the gesture.

The descent continued and with it came hushed voices and wary glances. The dramatic silence that made her eyes widen to seek shadows in the dark, waiting for the tension to break.

And break it did.

The world erupted into a frenzy and Itsy Bitsy's first concern was for the children. She turned, panicking, many limbs wide, showing teeth. "Run, little ones!" She called, trying to usher the slower ones to the safety of the plastic piles. She skittered, never quite committing to a run, instead trying to push little rumps to somewhere safe.

D: Panic!

(kinda @ for any of the kids who wanna interact!)

thy

Oh no - those certainly were teeth in the trash. That was bad!

The group splintered off as the new danger made fools of them all. Out of the corner of her eye, Lemma could see phonies running every which way, and hear, well, a lot of sound. What was a filly to do? Well, she couldn't climb, and she had to think quick - so she might as well run in the opposite direction of those teeth. There were probably more where they came from, right?