News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] May I...? [Itsy Bitsy/Fool's Gold]

Started by Ruriska, January 01, 2021, 08:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruriska

Itsy Bitsy had walked past this particular building multiple times throughout the week and today she had finally stopped, with the sun sinking away and the dark evening sky stretching out above she came to a pause before the front door of the local accountant.

She didn't actually need an accountant - oh no, she was wonderful at counting. She could quite easily count all six-million of her friends that lived within her house and knew them all by name. And her taxes were most certainly up to date. Itsy Bitsy was here for other very important reasons and she was very glad this accountant was still open so late.

With one little arm, she gave a little tap, tap, tap to the door and then carefully opened it, peeking in slightly. "Good evening," she called softly, trying to hide her fangs just a little bit so as not to startle anyone within. "Is the business owner available?"

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Letters, documents and numbers. He understood those. Fool's Gold sunk into his seat, eyeing his documents with twinkling eyes. There was much to be done, always more to be done. He liked it that way, keeping busy and away from others. It was easier, wasn't it? Numbers never lied to him. Mr. Gold sighed, and startled at the light tapping at his door. A visitor!

"A-ah, I'll b-be just a moment," he said hurriedly, careful not to knock over his coffee. He turned and spotted one of the strangest mares he'd ever seen peeking through the door. "You w-were searching for the business o-owner? Th-that would be me," he said cautiously. She had quite a few eyes, and much more limbs than he expected. He gulped, his nervous nature making it difficult to maintain eye contact with her. "Mr. Gold. C-Come in."

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Oh how he glittered, she thought to herself when she saw him, so very stunning. Itsy Bitsy's six eyes blinked in unison and crinkled as she smiled, the action revealing a fangy glint. At the generous offer, she stepped just inside, her front two limbs crossing delicately over in front of her chest.

"I am sure you are a very busy Phony, Mr. Gold and so I dare not keep you for long." She was a very polite spider, she always made sure to be. "But I have come to you with a question and I hope you would be amenable to hearing it."

@purpleroses

purpleroses

He tried not to stare, looking away, then down. Then failing to not stare, looking at the red eyes (and eyes, and eyes) of his guest. He coughed briefly to clear his throat and nodded. "V-very busy usually, yes," he murmured, though he was not particularly busy now. He tried to be polite when he could. "B-but not too busy for... uh," he paused. She didn't say what it was yet. "W-what is the q-question? If it is not business related I-I don't know h-how much help I might b-be, truthfully," he said.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Itsy Bitsy was used to the reaction her appearance caused - the shifting glances as they struggled to decide where to look, the stuttering, the discomfit. It was unfortunate but she endured it with a pleasant, understanding smile.

She dipped her head gratefully when he agreed to hear her out and launched directly into her request, so as not to waste more of his time than necessary. "You may not be aware Mr. Gold, but you have a tenant living in your doorway."

Every time that she passed the building, Itsy Bitsy had always stopped to say hello to the little spider that had made a house in the corner of Mr. Gold's door. A sweet little dear that Itsy Bitsy couldn't help but be worried for.

"She has been diligently catching and devouring any flies who try and enter your business and is now considering starting a family." Her head tilted, eyes half-closing as she smiled. "Please do tell me. Mr. Gold... do you like spiders?"

Perhaps not quite so direct as originally planned but she needed to know if rehoming was required or not.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

"T-tenant?" For a brief moment, the confusion was evident on his face. He didn't remember renting-- oh. A spider. He rarely looked up, let alone paid attention to that sort of thing. The cobwebs and spiders seemed a natural part of a treasure trove, after all. He sometimes felt that if he stood too long, they might make a home on him as well. Mr. Gold looked at the doorway. "A spider," he repeated, body trembling in its usual manner. "I ah, s-suppose she has b-been diligently p-p-paying her dues then, to stay here," he mused. He could handle a few insects if it meant his place of business didn't seem messier than it was.

So that was the mare's inquiry. It was strange, and he wondered if there was a wrong answer to this spidery lady.

"I... w-would she be okay i-if she stays there?" he asked. He didn't particularly like the idea of any creature getting hurt, and didn't want her to get squished if she stayed there. "I d-don't know if it is s-s-safe for, a spider, in a d-doorway? I, I don't d-dislike spiders, and I don't w-want her to be hurt."

@Ruriska

Ruriska

As he replied, Itsy Bitsy's eyes widened in surprise, very large and very red, and then slowly settled back to their usual shape. How delightful! She was utterly charmed by this golden-eyed businessman, and with his reaction her concern for her friend had eased.

"I am very pleased to hear that," she said, her front legs tapping quickly against each other as if clapping. "I was quite ready to hear the opposite and I would certainly not have taken any offence if arachnids were not your cup of tea. I am quite used to it, in fact."

One spider leg lifted, pressed against her mouth as she laughed softly. "She is quite alright in the doorway and very safe. In fact, it is the perfect place for her to catch her prey." There was always somewhere safe to scuttle and the opening and closing of the door offered a rich bounty.

"I had come to ask if I may relocate her, should you be opposed to a young spider mother living in your doorway, but it seems I have nothing to fear."

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Mr. Gold sighed in relief. Something he hadn't even thought of a few hours ago, and now he was glad to hear his little spider was alright. "I s-s-s-see. I, I am glad to h-hear. That she w-will be okay," he said, cursing his shaking voice. He did not pay enough attention to things, and struggled with simple things. At least he wasn't going to kill a spider on accident. He coughed, then looked back to the mare.

"Ah, um. M-miss. If, i-if I may ask... is th-that what you spend your time d-d-doing? Rescuing p-p-people's errant t-t-tenants...?" He paused. Wait, he'd forgotten a step. "A-and uh, if you are s-s-s-so inclined, m-might I have your name? I-in case a, a client has a need f-for your s-services..." He shuffled awkwardly, oh god he was so bad at this. Had it really been that long since he talked to another phony in a non-business related conversation? He felt sweaty already.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

She had once again tucked her extra legs against her chest and was watching Mr. Gold with great curiosity, every little tremble and shake. He reminded her of a fly caught in a web, always shuddering and struggling.

At first she had presumed it was fear of her appearance but as time went on, Itsy Bitsy began to suspect perhaps this was simply how he was.

When the request for her name came, she gave a very soft and apologetic gasp. "Oh my! How remiss of me!" Itsy Bitsy dipped slightly in what would have been a curtsy if she'd had a dress. "My name is Itsy Bitsy. It is a pleasure to meet you."

His offer to pass on her information to clients was very sweet and she returned to his original question.

"That is indeed what I do. There are many spiders who find themselves in unwanted locations and I have tasked myself with ensuring they come to no harm." Though there were many who she never got to in time, Itsy Bitsy was proud of how many lives she had saved so far.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

"I-Itsy Bitsy," he repeated, nodding. A fitting name. He dipped his head again. "A p-pleasure to meet y-you, as w-w-w-well."

It was pretty incredible that she was able to do something like that. To care about something that most people didn't give a second thought to, if they even noticed or cared to think about. Something that scared plenty of folk... He trembled, and looked back at Itsy Bitsy. "A n-noble pursuit... I w-w-wouldn't even have n-n-noticed my small t-tenant, if you hadn't s-s-said anything..."

He paused. He would have to try to be more mindful. He was a businessman and a guardian to a small filly, he couldn't simply stick his head into the bookkeeping and ignore everything around him. "You h-h-have a g-good eye for this s-sort of thing," he added.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

A noble pursuit? That was the first time anyone had ever described Itsy Bitsy and her life work in such a way. The praise she did receive was often simply because she was removing the 'terrifying, scary spider' and didn't really take into account her dedication or reasoning.

Itsy Bitsy went very, very still - the exact opposite of his constant jitters. It was a thoughtful stillness, although perhaps to many it might come across as unnerving. But she soon relaxed again, awash with pleasure. For the very first time she felt as if she had been seen and respected.

"Thank you, Mr. Gold," she said, her voice soft and full of emotion. "It gives me great pleasure to hear you say that." Her smile was wide and toothy. "For my dear spiders, not being seen or noticed is often the ideal. So don't feel bad. They endeavour to keep it that way normally. It's a lot safer."

"And yes, I do have a good eye for that sort of thing," she giggled. "Many in fact."   

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Mr. Gold reflected on that a moment. For such a small creature, being unnoticed must be good. Still, he felt it must be at least a little lonely never being seen by others. He looked back at the strange mare who had come to his shop, feeling an odd sensation of pleasantry. Maybe he had noticed something about her. And, at her last bit of dialogue he stifled a cough that turned into a raspy, wispy laugh. A very unused laugh, and an unfamiliar smile.

"T-truly you do," he admitted, catching her ruby blinking eyes and trying to stifle yet another huff of laughter. It almost ached, but he enjoyed it. "Y-y-you are a strange y-young lady, I m-must say," he said, with a bit less tremble and a little more breathlessness. "But I'm g-glad to have met y-you, Itsy Bitsy. I'm... a bit st-strange myself..."

@Ruriska

Ruriska

His laugh was utterly delightful. She adored how raspy it was; something precious and rarely used that she had been blessed with. Itsy Bitsy laughed as well, one spider leg lifting to press against her mouth to make the sound as dainty as possible.

She did not mind being called strange because he was absolutely correct. "We make a strange pair," she said while smiling. "And I am very glad to have met you as well, Mr. Gold." It wasn't often she came across someone so pleasant and she intended to make the most of it.

"Would you perhaps not be opposed to me calling on you again sometime?"

@purpleroses

purpleroses

It was strange, those same limbs and eyes that had unnerved him at first seemed comforting now. She was a polite young mare, with a heart unlike most phonies he had met. The old sparkling phony nodded to Itsy. "I f-find th-that I m-m-might like to see you again, M-miss Bitsy. Y-you are f-free to come by whenever y-you'd like." He'd keep a better eye out for her little spidery friends, too.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Now that introductions were over and she had made a wonderful new relationship there were other places for Itsy Bitsy to be. There were plenty of spiders to save, nor did she want to overstay her welcome.

"I will take my leave for now but it has been a pleasure getting to meet you. " She nodded at him and back stepped towards the door. "I will be sure to visit again soon." Itsy Bitsy finally turned away, opening the door.

"Goodbye for now," she said in farewell, looking back at him once.

As she left, she also shared a secret smile with the spider in the doorway. Itsy Bitsy would have to thank her with a new big tasty fly.

@purpleroses