News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

Lost...and Found?! A Surprise CYOA

Started by Ph0ny, January 24, 2022, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrostyPeaches

[imgleft height=235]https://mylittlephony.citycyb.org/phony/bullseye.png[/imgleft]
C: Dig in the plastic debris- maybe there's a tunnel that's only sort of blocked?

Hmm interesting she thought as the two groups had a mini war. Guess when you're down here for so long yougotta find something to keep busy.

When she was 'released' from the stronghold that crumbled apart from the trembles she couldn't help but laugh at it. Her shooting gallery would never crumble from earthquakes.

Running off to freedom, she started to dig around the plastic debris. Maybe there's useful information or soldiers that was trapped under it. Or a secret tunnel.

( sorry short rp forgot about it last night and no time to  waste at work )
so sleepyyy ;-;

Jun

Diamond watched Torte Bar scale the plastic mountain in slight awe, and decided that was a good use of wings. She scampered (halfway, and then huffed-and-puffed a quarter way, and then decided she should just fly the rest of way) up a plastic mound, and, beating her wings as hard as she could, tried to squint as far into the distance as possible.

A: Try to climb one of the plastic mountains to see if you can see a way forward.

Maxx

Paper Tiger's eyes had dried by the time the whole miniature battle had played out and concluded, because she was valiantly trying to remember this aaand...her little brain had nothing. Perhaps it was breathable nanites that had influenced her selective recollection. If she went to Phony admin after this unpleasant adventure, would she get fully wiped anew? Did they already wipe her little brain? It was hard to say. Nanites, man.

Thankfully as a babby she was easily distracted, and by the time of their next dilemma, Paper Tiger was starting to get jumpy with the high count of being-trapped-in-plastic scenarios, perhaps from some latent trauma that she had frantically tucked away (or had gotten erased?!), like the piles of plastic buried under more piles of plastic.

She had no interest in physical labour. She picked her way through the landscape, peering around for a better route.

B: Scout around the area for another way through.

thy

Lemma watched the battle play out with bug eyes. What was that thing? If it could mind control Faux...could it do the same to Phonies?

She tried not to dwell on it, though. And look - they were being given a map, and advice now! They could definitely steer clear of those particles, too.

And they did. Everything was fine, for a while - if they all ignored the stench of this dump, anyway. Still, it was encouraging to know where that other group of Phonies had been headed, and where the other Faux outposts might have been. Plus the group at least had an idea of what Distro was now, so they could have a better conversation with the next outpost they saw: they were going to have to consult more than one, right?

Lemma was absorbed in thought as they walked. She still noticed the earthquakes moving through the mountains of trash, though. This dump really wasn't made for Phony travel, huh?

She winced at the sight of the now blocked path behind them. That was not encouraging at all. It was still less encouraging that someone had started digging - what if something big was dislodged and it all got worse? Not that Lemma could imagine it being much worse. She wasn't really sure about climbing, either: maybe it made sense for that pegasus, who could fly if something horrible happened, but if that trash wasn't stable, it'd hurt everyone still down here...

Lemma glanced at the map Ender was holding before taking action.

Lemma was small, and she could sneak if she wanted! Maybe. She joined Itsy-Bitsy in her scouting, creeping forward slowly and cautiously to avoid jostling trash or causing more tremors. If she headed in a different direction they could cover more ground, right? She picked a direction that might take them to another outpost, to hopefully get better advice...but she'd take any way out, at this point. They were here for a rescue, not to make another one necessary.

B: Scout around the area for another way through.

Blinded By Silence

Ess found herself watching the battle excitedly. The fighting itself was neat, but the makeshift weapons the G.I. Foes were using were so cool! She made a mental note to try and replicate what she'd seen once they got out of this place.

Her excitement faded fast as Sergent explained the situation to them. She frowned, "This feels like the buildup to a mid-season finale, for sure..."

But soon they were on their way, with a map and a heading. Not too bad. But unfortunately, that didn't last long. They were trapped! The little filly decided to climb up some of the debirs to see if she could find a way out.

A: Climb!

Nym

Weatherly decided to scout ahead — he wasn't a good climber nor an efficient digger, but he could at least use his legs!

Option B
(( Sorry for short! On phone and didn't want to miss this round, but I have no clue when my computer will be fixed. ))

Scaramouche Fandango

As Nightvine pushes through the trash, he dislodges a small pile. He finds... a leg? It kind of looks like a leg. Investigating further, he finds another one. Gradually, the others realize what's up, and help dig at the pile. As they dig, something starts talking to them! Or at least it sounds like that. Whatever they are, they're buried under the plastic.

Eventually, they dig out... a robot! Sort of. He's kind of mangled-looking, like he was in a car wreck. Or, as the case may be, was a car wreck. He's fairly recognizable as a transforming robot, one of many, many knockoffs. It's not surprising, really, that there'd be something like this down in Phonyland's landfill.

"Help... me..." he says, groaning. "I can't... transform on my own. Help me back into my vehicle mode and I can push the plastic out of the way."

This robot needs help! What will you do?

Push on the arms
Pull on the legs
Wiggle the head
Bang on the back

This round is going to work differently than the rounds before. You have to cooperate to get this robot back into his vehicle mode! To do this, each of the four categories needs at least 10 points. To get these points, you might have to post more than once. Here's how this will work.

Each time you post, you will say what you're going to be working on: arms, legs, head, or back, and you will roll 1d6. The number you roll is the amount of points put into the category.
If you're the first person in the category, once somebody else has posted for your category, you can post again. So for example:
Phony 1 tries to fix the arms.
Phony 2 tries to fix the arms.
Phony 1 can try to fix the arms again, OR can try to fix something else.

If you're not the first person in your category, somebody else has to post after you- not necessarily in your category. So for example:
Phony 1 tries to fix the arms.
Phony 2 tries to fix the arms.
Phony 3 tries to fix the legs.
Phony 2 can go at any point after 3, or if 1 goes again.
Basically: you can't double post, and if you're the first person in a category you can't go again until somebody else has posted in the category.

@Nym @Syrcaid @Maxx @Jun @Blinded By Silence @purpleroses @thy @FrostyPeaches @Ruriska 

(NOTE: This angry dice roller will get really mad if you edit your roll post! So feel free to roll in a separate post if that makes you anxious. - M)

Maxx

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Maxx

Paper Tiger squinted at the robot, trying to piece out what would be the best way to kick a car back into operation, puzzling with her little brain.

Whether because of her past experience or mass media, she had the impression of someone booting a car's booty to get it putting again. Of course, it was also accompanied by the person yelling "stupid car!"

So that's what she did. She booted his booty and yelled "stupid car!"

"I don't know what came over me," she said after an ineffectual kick (technically to his back, 1 measly point), "it must be the trauma."

Syrcaid

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Syrcaid

"I've got their head," Nightvine said.  "I don't know what else to do but to try and make sure it stays on without tools."

He readjusted the handkerchief over his nose and wiggled the robot's head into place.  "Why were all these toys even made to be so smart and then tossed over?  It's like that Island of Misfit Toys, only these are bent on destruction!"

(Nightvine wiggles the head for 6.)

FrostyPeaches

Well digging seem to have paid off...? Bullseye looked in disbelief at what they found. Removing the junk a few more times, she could see that it was not a soldier or a pony but it was some rejected very badly beat up transforming thingy. What was the point of even rescueing this scrap? She thought.  We have better things to do like save the others!

But seeing how willing to help the others are, she tried to tug for the legs kinda hoping for them to break off >.>

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
so sleepyyy ;-;

thy

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

thy

Was that a robot? Mech was going to be so jealous when he heard all about this.

Still, it needed help, so Lemma tried to get herself in a position to do so. There were a lot of Phonies here...but no one else seemed to be pushing at those arms right now, so she figured she might as well get started.

Arms: 2/10
Legs: 3/10
Head: 6/10
Back: 1/10

Jun

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]