News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP- Kindness] Look at This Fish, Isn't It Neat? [Gill x Cossi]

Started by BlueEyedMelloon, January 17, 2021, 11:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEyedMelloon

*splash splash splash*

Gill Net brought his head up from the water, shaking the neon green and blue hair out of the way of his snorkel mask. He coughed a couple of times, and thrust the mask off his face with a hoof, shaking his hair. He was on the shore of the lake, towel and an encyclopedia a safe distance from the lapping waves. Next to this was a sketchbook with some crudely drawn fish.

The foal grumbled, trudging back to the book. It was open to a chapter called "Freshwater Lake Fish", and there were colorful fish depicted on the visible pages.

"How am I supposed to see black bass if they swim away when I look in the water!?" he mumbled, flopping down and wrapping his hair in a towel. Why couldn't he be born a mer like his mother? It would be easy to see fish then!

FrostyPeaches

Looking through her camera, she snapped a picture of a ladybug. Today was a no school day sort of day and Cossi decided to get on land again. Her skin was still moist and she knew she didn't need to dive back into the waters again for another hour or so.

Checking out the bug taken from her specific angle, she saw the shell and the legs and the bug's body. Not too shabby, she thought to herself and aimed the camera elsewhere toward a bush full of berries. She snapped a picture of that too.

Slowly, her hoverboard took her closer toward the shore line and her eyes took notice of a very bright orange 4 legged babbin. It felt as if he didn't even bother to blend in with the crowd.

The little mer groaned as she watched him read a book and scribble onto another...

"Why...would anyphony do homework on a no school day?" she asked out loud shaking her head. "Don't foals want to have FUN??"

Steering her hoverboard closer to the only bright thing on shore, the boy, she stuck out her tongue in dislike and greeted him with a loud "OH MAI GAD, I can't believe you are...studying??" She rolled her eyes and tilted her head back, eyes looking up at the sky before she looked back down to meet the colt's set of grey eyes.

@BlueEyedMelloon
so sleepyyy ;-;

BlueEyedMelloon

Gill looked up from his book after hearing someone bemoaning his choice of recreation. His eyes narrowed as he gazed over the top of the pages, and he said "Yes, I'm studying. But it's not for school, it's for research." in a very matter of fact manner. He flipped the book closed with a curt snap! and then looked back to the other foal, ready to give her a comment about minding ones business...

and then he saw her TAIL.

The snarky remark died on his lips.

"You've got a fish tail!" he exclaimed, leaping over his books.

@FrostyPeaches

FrostyPeaches

"Youre' actually for real studying?" cossi was still surprised when he replied. "Studying but not for school...that's STILL COUNTS as studying and doing homework..." she tried to get closer to him without getting too close to not trespass his area... "Studying...what...exactly...?" she asked, sort of half interested but still trying to remain looking cool with her mohawk all done up.

To no surprise, the purple mer didn't flinch when the book made a loud clasp shut, but, she did make her hoverboard go backwards real fast when the other orange dude seemed to lunge forward at her. Something probably caught his attention??

"Whoa whoa whoa, chill out dude." she held her hooves infront of herself in defense. "What's wrong with that? YOU have one too and a UNICORN HORN to praise off of." A little confused at the random remark, since comparing themselves is not really at anyone's advantage at this point for his hair also had a couple of gems?? the little mer decided to not say no more. His story better be good, she thought to herself.

@BlueEyedMelloon
so sleepyyy ;-;

BlueEyedMelloon

Gill paused when the other foal floated backwards. AND she had a hoverboard!? How cool was that!?

"I have a tail, but not a FISH TAIL." he said, practically vibrating. "Does that mean you're part fish? What kind of fish? Are you fully aquatic?" The questions rolled out of his mouth like an avalanche of boulders tumbling over the side of a mountain, but he couldn't stop himself. "Does that mean you can breathe underwater, do you have gills??" He tilted his head side to side, trying to catch a glimpse of gills.

The little orange foal was so far down the rabbit hole of questions that he didn't realize that he was slowly inching closer to Cossi. "What's your name? I'm Gill Net, and I'm going to be a fish scientist!"

@FrostyPeaches

FrostyPeaches

Cossi kept holding her hooves infront of her for the eager colt was now almost face to face with her.

"But you have a UNICORN HORN," she replied back to his many nonstop questions thrown at her. "Does that mean you know MAGIC?"

In the end Cossi couldn't help herself but to put a hoof on his forehead to stop him and putting him in a time out sort of situation. The bab needed to breathe and chill out. "Gill Net. Dude, I don't mind answering all those questions but you don't give me any chances to do so! Even scientists need breaks!"

The mer giggled as she flopped off of her hoverboard and pressed a button to hide the machine from Gill Net. The last thing she wants is rolling her own body back into the water. "Let's start with the basics. Hi Gill Net. I'm Cosmic Stream, but most phonies usually call me Cossi for short." She offered her hoof out to him, ready for a hoof shake. And hopefully able to befriend a Unicorn. God she had never been able to see one until NOW? ? ? Excited as she was to see him, although finding him a bit NERDY, she held her own curiosity behind a happy giggling face.

@BlueEyedMelloon
so sleepyyy ;-;

FrostyPeaches

so sleepyyy ;-;