News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] In The Name of Love [Melting Moment/Part and Parcel]

Started by Ruriska, February 11, 2021, 11:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruriska

Love was in the air!

With Valentines Day fast approaching, Melting Moment's business was at its peak. Every lover, young and old, was ready to make a move on their crush or wanted to spoil their beloved and she was here for it. She was on cloud nine 24/7 with her heart full of love while also rushing about like a headless chicken trying to fill so many requests.

There was a proposal she needed to organize a string quartet for, a dog that had to bark 'I LOVE YOU' while a wedding ring was hanging off its neck, at least 6 dozen roses, plenty of other flowers, chocolates - OH, THE CHOCOLATES!

Out on the street, Melting Moment came to an abrupt halt and checked her notes, checked the time and then checked her notes again. Oh dear. She didn't have time to go back to the specialty chocolate store now but she needed them for the romantic afternoon picnic she was organizing.

In a panic, Melting Moment looked around. Directly to her right was a shop.

PART AND PARCEL.

It looked like a gift store. Surely they would have chocolates! Thank the fates, she thought as she stepped inside.

@Fealine

Fealine

Aaahhh Valentine's Day. The day for lovers and for really gutsy singles to try to win the loves of their lives.

Oh how he just loved this holiday!

Well any holiday really, but this one was one of his favorites, right after Christmas. Any time, day, week, month or year that someone could spend dedicating themselves to making others happy was the best day in his book. As such, he devoted himself to being able to provide any phony or human with anything they'd need to create the most perfect gift imaginable!

He had just finished stocking some brand new gift baskets he had made, right down to the actual basket itself and was putting the finishing touches on a new Valentine's display booth. He had ordered copious amounts of chocolates, stuffed animals holding hearts, love inspired bracelets and even simple but darling jewel encrusted heart boxes one might slip a ring into. He was currently organizing on a shelf with precise precision when the bell above the door to his shop tinkled.

Turning around to greet the customer, he smiled brightly, raising a gold hoof before rolling it outward as he gave a rather flourishing bow. "Welcome to Part and Parcel, where every gift is hoof tailored to bring true happiness!" he beamed in a bright and cheery voice, curly blue hair dancing about his face.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

It was the loveliest welcome Melting Moment had ever received when walking into a store and she immediately made a mental note to become a regular customer here. Even the gift baskets seemed lovely, though she had only managed to give them a cursory glance because her attention had been utterly stolen by the handsome fellow who had greeted her. How convenient that she was already wearing a blush from her fast trot down the street.

"Such a lovely greeting," she said smiling, as she closed the door gently behind her. She regarded the stallion with lashes lowered. He had the sort of goods looks that she could imagine on the front of romance novels or in a magazine. A dreamboat hunk that would make any man or woman sigh out loud.

Melting Moment was utterly delighted.

"Is this store new? It looks wonderful!"

She was pressed for time but Melting Moment was always one for manners.

@Fealine

Fealine

Parcel simply laughed softly but thankfully. "Ah you are too kind Madam!" he smiled as he trotted forward, careful not to knock anything of any shelf, or to dishevel any bow of his saddle. It was almost as if his body moves via memory of where things were, of course given us carousel size it was probably only him that had to move carefully.  "As for your question, why yes! Its our Grand Opening this week, and just in time for Valentine's Day as well. I can't imagine anything more perfect!" he said excitedly, almost with a bit of childlike wonder.

He took a moment to appreciate her cutie mark and her soft gentle colors accented by the vibrant red streaks against her cream colored curls. She almost reminded him of a perfectly wrapped piece of candy, soft but inviting. "I'm assuming that's what brought you here today." he added with a chuckle, hoping he wasn't being too bold to make that assumption. "How might I be of assistance to you? Looking for the perfect way to spoil a loved one this holiday, hmm?" he said with a wink of his eye and a soft jingle in his tone.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Her heart did flutter at his approach but that was a natural reaction to such a handsome stallion and so she simply enjoyed the sensation, as one would the first sip of a hot tea. Melting's ears gave a small quiver of delight and her smile was wide and warm as she said, "oh my! It's my lucky day!" Not only was his shop exactly what she had needed at that exact moment, it had only just opened. If this was a novel, she would have giggled knowingly as fate took course. Such a silly romantic notion but those sorts of thoughts were always on her mind.

"I am, indeed. Though not for my own," she replied with a gentle shake of her head. Melting didn't mind the assumption. It was sweet of him to think she had a beau of her own, even if so far she had been remarkably unlucky in love, especially for someone whose whole life revolved around the concept. Always too busy, she chided herself.

She tilted her head slightly, to look towards the Valentine's Day section, and then back towards him. Oh, how cutely the lock of hair curled across his brow! It was a lucky someone who could lovingly brush it aside.

"My name is Melting Moment," she introduced herself. "And I'm a romance consultant! I help lovers celebrate their special moments but I have very foolishly forgotten a key ingredient for a lovely afternoon picnic. As the sun goes down, she plans to propose to her partner. Isn't it wonderful? But to set the mood, you need the right treats. And so I am in dire need of chocolates at very short notice."

@Fealine

Fealine

A romance counselor ey? Parcel couldn't help but grin widely. It seemed so fitting of her, her stature, her cutie mark. Her occupation sounded similar to his, at least in the grand scheme of things. However, so as to not be rude, he took a moment to mentally step back. "My apologies, I got so excited that you had come to visit, I forgot to introduce myself." he said then cleared his throat. "The names as you see on the sign!" he winked, a childlike chuckle and grin escaping him. "Part and Parcel, at your service M'lady. 'For its simply 'part and parcel' of my job to ensure a smile upon everyone's faces." he said before ending with another soft bow.

"It sounds to me though that you run your own business, and what a lovely business it be. Not far from my own line of thinking! And we certainly can't have such a very tender and special moment dashed by the lack of proper delectables!" he said as he pointed the way towards his newly stocked shelf of chocolates. Though, perhaps it was the business side of him or the fact that he already felt a wonderful kinship with dear Melting Moments that led him to his next thought. "If this doesn't seem to be sufficient, I believe I do have a box in the back of extras. I imagine you need plenty. Oh, I wont charge a hoof and a leg for it either, business owner to owner." he smiled, truth behind his words.

@ruri

Ruriska

Oh, how adorable! Part and Parcel had such lovely mannerisms and his obvious joy as he gave his introduction was catching. Melting Moment felt herself relaxing, the stress easing out of her muscles. Yes, she was running slightly late but she was certain it would be worth it, and young lovers were very forgiving. They spent so long staring into each other's eyes, these few minutes she set aside now would hardly be noticed. 

"Thank you so much, Mr, Parcel," she said gleefully. "Let me take a look. I'm sure it won't be necessary to raid your back room today but there will certainly be other days that will require it." She slipped in the gentle promise of future business with a smile. How could anyone not wish to return when the owner was so delightful?

She trotted over to the chocolate display, immediately starting at the more expensive options, running calculations through her head to match the budget and the request from the customer. It was a lovely heart-shaped giftbox with a wide range of flavours from a well-known high-end brand that she quickly settled on.

"I'm in quite the hurry today," she explained, "as I still have to set up the location properly but I would love to stop by tomorrow to discuss future purchases." A friendly chocolate and gift box supplier would be a great boon and she had already spotted other items she needed for her next few jobs.

She grabbed the chocolate box and after a brief pause, grabbed a smaller orange flavoured one for herself. "This will be all today, Mr. Parcel."

@Fealine

Fealine

He watched her, noticing familiar look on her face, one that crossed his mind many times before even when he was simply out shopping for himself. The mental maths, mantras and game plans. He half took a silent bet on what she'd pick and was pleasantly surprised to find out she had chosen one of his top two options. Ah great minds really do think alike. "Please, Parcel is just fine M'lady." he said with a bow, carefully moving towards the counter with a gentle dip of his head. The ribbons on his saddle rustled softly.

"Ah, the orange treat as well, a wise pick me up." he winked, understanding her urgency but his smile couldn't help but lift at the promise to come back tomorrow. "Can't keep a customer waiting, I understand and admire your loyalty. Melting Moments it has truly been a pleasure to have met you this day." he said, tapping the register to bring up her total with a soft ping before offering to take her chocolates and wrap them neatly. "I await tomorrows meeting with fresh excitement." he said with a wink and a chuckle. He'd have to have a nice gift basket made just for her for when she arrived, it was his signature after all.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Having followed him to the counter, Melting Moment gently placed the items for him to take for wrapping and counted out the payment plus a tip of gratitude. A strong part of her wanted to stay longer, to wander the store as he showed off with such pride and drink in more of that smile but time was ticking.

Instead she settled for saying his name, "Thank you Parcel. You've been such a marvellous help. I shall see you again tomorrow." She took her purchase and with one last grateful smile, she turned to leave. "Farewell for now."

Then she hurried away, out the door and down the street, her heart aflutter and ready to bring romance to the world. Ah yes, Valentine's Day was wonderful indeed!

---

As promised, Melting Moment returned the next day.

This was to be her one decent break before she got back into work, even this morning she had been up at the crack of dawn to meet the heirloom rose grower. They'd discussed pricing and roses until she had finally slipped away, tucking one bloom into her hair and grabbing a coffee before she finally got to do the one thing she'd been truly looking forward to.

Melting Moment stopped outside 'Part and Parcel', fluffed up the bottom of her hair slightly and then stepped inside. "Hellooo," she called softly.  The owner of the new gift store had hardly left her mind all night, his handsome smiling face such a delightful image to dwell on.

@Fealine

Fealine

The promise rang sweet on his ears and he simply smiled, offering her a soft bow as he took her coin and watched her leave. He may have tossed a quick wink at her as she ran out the door though he didn't expect her to see it.

That night as he closed up his shop, pleased with the decent amount of traffic he received for a first day, he couldn't help but think of Melting Moments, from the exact moment he saw her until she had left. He slept peacefully, smile upon his muzzle as he awaited the new day.

---

He had only forgotten about her promise for a few brief seconds as he tidied up the store after a couple had come and left excited, having found a perfect gift basket for meeting with the in laws as well as placing a custom order for themselves to pick up later. As soon as the bell tinked softly, he spun around in one fluid motion, his grin widening. He cantered up, holding out one hoof to take hers, if she'd permit him, to place a soft kiss upon it. "Why hello Melting Moments. I am ever so pleased to see you again." he he said, dipping his head in a soft bow. For a few moments he almost couldn't tear his gaze away from her, rather lost in those beautiful eyes.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Melting Moment nearly melted. As that handsome stallion she had been so looking forward to seeing, cantered over and planted a soft kiss upon her hoof (of course she allowed it!) her heart fluttered wildly in her chest and she felt like a giddy filly. She felt the heroine in a romance novel, swooning, in need of smelling salts to recover.

But she did manage to stay on her hooves instead of fainting away and with her eyelashes batting and a blush on her cheeks, she said, "My, my, you're such the charmer! It's so lovely to see you again, Parcel. It's a pleasure to be in your lovely store and in your presence once more."

She was here for business but she had already forgotten. She was regretting not finding the time to bake him some of her signature sweets. Maybe she could bring some tomorrow? Or was that too much? He wouldn't want her showing up every day.

@Fealine

Fealine

Parcel chuckled, perhaps even blushed?! His cheeks felt a tinge of heat and he turned his head ever so slightly in embarrassment. Just the way she spoke made his heart swell and he almost hoped she'd forget why she came and simply just exist in his presence so he could bask in it. "But I speak only the truth, seeing you brings me great joy, honor even, that you would wish to return to my shop in its humble beginnings." he smiled, simply watching her.

"Anything specific I can help you with today?" he dared to ask after a bit of silence, not wanting things to lapse into awkwardness. Would she come back tomorrow? Could he ask her too? Or was that far too much in one week.... OH! What if he asked to come see her store in exchange?! Or wait was that still too much physical contact in one day? Darn it all, what did he say next? Why did she make his heart beat so fast?

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Had he truly just blushed or was that just wishful thinking? To Melting Moment, who knew and read a lot about romance, the tall handsome phony seemed suddenly bashful. She dared not be too hopeful for although she believed in love at first sight, surely it wouldn't happen to her and with such a stallion.

She kept her voice as level as possible, though there was a hint of a squeak just from being so close. "Well, I-I was hoping to-" oh why was she here again? Oh right! "-discuss ongoing business." She smiled sweetly, trying to meet his gaze instead of blushing at the floor. "Your products are lovely and I would love to advertise your store to my own customers."

@Fealine

Fealine

Parcel looked shocked at first, but not unpleasantly so. Almost more like a foal in a candy shop really. "A business deal?" he said with a smile, glancing around his shop a moment. "I think that would be a rather lovely idea. We seem to go hoof in hoof, you and I...." he said softly, trying his best to regain his composure without being overly so. "I can only imagine how well our two businesses would combine, and I in return would advertise yours's as well." he smiled, already a myriad of ideas rushing through his mind.

After a few moments, he eyed her again and smiled. "Come, we can talk more in the back if you'd like. I've got hot tea or coffee, whichever you prefer." he said, excusing himself just a brief moment to flip the sign on the door to closed before making his way back to her side, offering a friendly hoof like a gentleman would a princess.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Go hoof in hoof.

Melting Moment was very quickly losing her composure despite her attempts to stay professional and remind herself that there was no way Part and Parcel would be interested in her romantically. He was out of her league, a truly handsome stallion who belonged in a novel whisking away his chosen heroine.

If she could have discreetly pinched herself, she would have. Alas hooves made that slightly difficult and so she kept her smile in place and tried to deal with the ridiculous amount of butterflies currently living in her stomach.

"I think that sounds wonderful. I couldn't say no to a nice cup of tea." She watched as he flipped the sign, touched that he would close the shop just for her. It said a lot for how much he valued the business that she had to offer; and she hoped, her company as well.

"Lead the way." It was with heat on her cheeks and her heart in her throat, that she took his offered arm.

@Fealine