News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

MDM 2021: Maxx Madness in the Thunderdome!

Started by Ph0ny, May 07, 2021, 03:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ph0ny

In the seedy alleyways of Phony City, on the lamp-posts of quieter Phony neighbourhoods, and amongst the pile of spam in various Phony stables' mailboxes, an intriguing and low-budget flyer has insidiously invaded the collective consciousness of Phonyland.
There are whispers that it must be an elaborate joke, musings that it might yet be a blessing. Eager babbies and nervous Phony parents alike have been made aware of an ostensibly upcoming event -

MAXX MADNESS IN THE THUNDERDOME!

In bold font, it reads:

Are you a permababby?! For one tenacious Phony, you could be Perma No More, Permanently.
Join Maxx Madness and fight for your right to grow in body and character!
Don your fighting persona and be the champ in special secret wrestling event...you might just become Old Enough.

When queried about these mysterious flyers, Fireflight says with a straight face, "we have no secret underground baby wrestling rings in Phonyland."

Or do we...?

New to My Little Phony? Click the banner below for our information board:

Old to My Little Phony and lost as hell?
Click here for WHAT'S CHANGED: Updates for Gaia Refugees

Ph0ny

Anyway, it's happening. If you have a permababby you'd like to grow and you're willing to sign this waiver, you can enter your adorable little Phony contestant into Maxx Madness in the Thunderdome (MMitT)!

MMitT is a bracketed tournament - participating babbies will be semi-randomly assigned into brackets, face off with each other, and move up the brackets until the final matchup.
The matches will take place Russian Roulette-style, as Maxx will roll for a winner in each match-up. So you just need to get your Babby ready, and let us take care of the rest.

Your babby does not need to have fulfilled growing requirements for this event.
However, If your babby has earnestly fulfilled all their requirements, they will be seeded higher than other babbies (unless everyone is in the same boat)!

As you might expect, the champion will be grown to Old Enough!
However, both champion and runner-up will acquire an original Phonywear wrestling outfit designed by Maxx, based off your entry's details! Wow, ain't that something!

Note: No, your babby does not have to have a wrestling purpose-in-life nor have MMitT define their lives upon participation. It's just a Hunger Games thing.

Sign-ups concluded, please proceed to the next post for follow-up details!

[spoiler]. Entry Instructions .
♥ We will be accepting entries until 11.59pm EDT, 31st May 2021.
- As usual, your entry must be complete upon posting, though you may revise your entry any time before the deadline.
♥ You are allowed to enter your perma even if you won a Phony in the last event.
♥ You can only enter one permababby per person.
♥ Please note the drawing will not take place at end time and will be rolled later.
♥ The winner will be announced and @ed in-thread, and we will PM you with the full babby form for the rest of the details.

To submit your entry, simply post in the thread with the form below:

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: [ name of babby ]
Brief Bio: [ a very summarised description of your babby's character ]
Wrestler Ring Name: [ a name your fans (will) know you as ]
Catchphrase: [ your battlecry as you total your opponent ]
Face or Heel? [ See definition here - this may be changed pending brackets but will be taken into consideration ]
Wrestling backstory: [ what (short) tragedies led you to the ring? ]
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? [ your answer here ]
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: [ welcome, but not necessary! feel free to remove this field if you aren't linking any. ]

[color=firebrick][size=24pt][b]ENTER THE DOME[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Babby:[/b] [url=linktoYOURREGISTER]name of babby[/url]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b] [ a very summarised description of your babby's character ]
[b]Wrestler Ring Name:[/b] [ a name your fans (will) know you as ]
[b]Catchphrase:[/b] [ your battlecry as you total your opponent ]
[b]Face or Heel?[/b] [ See definition here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_(professional_wrestling) - this may be changed pending brackets but will be taken into consideration ]
[b]Wrestling backstory:[/b] [ what (short) tragedies led you to the ring? ]
[b]What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring?[/b] [ your answer here ]
[b]Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any:[/b] [ welcome, but not necessary! feel free to remove this field if you aren't linking any. ]
[/spoiler]

Ph0ny

The highly anticipated brackets are out! Of course, not that this underground baby wrestling ring is actually happening* - but it's a fun little activity we can all enjoy together.
After arranging which seeds go in which rounds (influenced by number of reqs filled), the rest of the match-ups were randomised and matched as much as possible by face/heel preferences.

The actual fight - er, matches - will begin 12th June 2021. All matches in one (1) stage will be rolled every three days, so you'll have around 48 hours or so in between to optionally participate in discussion and ORP threads for contenders and spectators alike!

For OOC chatter, please use the event's General Discussion thread or our Discord!

In anticipation of the brutality of life loss, babby contenders are also welcome to give an exit interview upon ring retirement - but that can come later.

*it's totally happening. Babbies are going to be flinging themselves at each other in a ring, no holds barred, just like this.

Ph0ny

In the spirit of other sporting Madness, you are welcome to fill in this sheet with your winner predictions purely for recreation!
But if you want to put your predictive skills to the test with a little PhBuxs involved...well...there's something else Old Enough Phon(ies) (and Phony Friends) can do...

To start filling in your predictions,
CLICK HERE FOR THE MAXX MADNESS BRACKETS THREAD!

Ph0ny

. FAQ .

If you're a first-time visitor to Phonyland who is interested in owning a Phony, please look through the currently under construction but still pretty relevant Information subforum for the specifics of Phony ownership!
Some selections have been reproduced below to answer the frequently asked questions of Event dynamics...

I'm here from the old stomping grounds and I am so lost bruh
We are too! But uhhh click here for WHAT'S CHANGED: Updates for Gaia Refugees.
Thank you so much for following us to a new home!

Maxx, all these references are mixed up.
What do you mean, "you don't even play a sport?" LIFE is a sport, bro!

More questions will be added if they are asked!

purpleroses

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Sugarplum Dance
Brief Bio: A sweet dancer who is a bit full of herself, but tries to know her limits!
Wrestler Ring Name: Satin Pointe
Catchphrase: Let's get to the pointe!
Face or Heel? Heel
Wrestling backstory: Abandoned by her parents, she sought fame and revenge by becoming a ballerina to try and get some recognition, fighting anyone who gets in her way-- and now she wrestles!
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Girl stuff, you know

cursedwanderer

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Hellion
Brief Bio: Hellion is aptly named, a troublemaker through and through. He believes that any and all surfaces are his canvas and has a habit of drawing (sometimes crude) depictions on anything he thinks could use some spicing up, with his preferred medium being spray paint. While generally hating to sit still, when he's creating something he can get lost in it for hours. Despite his annoying little punk attitude, Hellion considers himself to be akin to great gothic poets, just with a different medium. He is of the opinion that no one really understands him and his cold gray heart. Clearly he must be a troubled soul like Poe.
Wrestler Ring Name: The Conqueror Worm
Catchphrase: "PREPARE TO MIME YOUR DEATH!"
Face or Heel? Heel
Wrestling backstory: Was to be an orphan not enough?  Rumor had it his own parents hadn't wanted him due to his creepy appearance and they'd abandoned him after they'd seen him crawling about on the ceiling, caked in mud.  Now he's entered the ring to dig through the muck and show the other wrestlers that they're nothing more than food for the great Conqueror Worm.
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Life on the streets means that one doesn't need to make excuses to their parents about sneaking out at night.  Concerned siblings on the other hand...  The colt had told his siblings that he was about to win a prize that would set them up for life.  No more worrying about finding scraps from dumpsters, if he was an adult he could get them a real place to live and food not covered in flies.
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: Kindness Laughter Generosity Honesty Loyalty Purpose
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Syrcaid

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Live and Let Wine
Brief Bio: Lonely rich girl wants to do things on her own.
Wrestler Ring Name: Overtones
Catchphrase: It's ALL sour grapes to you! I'm raisin' heck!
Face or Heel? Face
Wrestling backstory: Extremely lonely life with no other children to play with, everything handed to her without effort.  Would rather work hard and earn her way through life so she chose to fight for what she believes in - the Phonyland Dream!
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Cultural Studies for extra college credit.
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: Honesty / Kindness

elvyralani

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Peach Lightning
Brief Bio: Car hop by day, Roller Derby by night
Wrestler Ring Name: Lightning Strike
Catchphrase: I only need one strike!
Face or Heel? Face
Wrestling backstory: Her skates broke and she needs money to fix them.
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Working with her aunt at the restaurant doing deliveries.
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: Laughter, Honesty

thy

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Mecha Crusade
Brief Bio: [ An earnest tinkerer with big hero dreams; his projects are often too ambitious for his own good. ]
Wrestler Ring Name: [ What's wrong with Mecha Crusade? Okay fine I'll be Kid Engineer ]
Catchphrase: [ All according to keikaku! ]
Face or Heel? [ Face (though maybe someday he'll perform a heel turn and work with mechanical assistance) ]
Wrestling backstory: [ He's raising funds to build a new car after his other extremely legal (because he is an adult) car was totaled. ]
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? [ It's a World Wide Wrestling session Mom!!! My Gimmick is gonna be the Technician; I've got it all planned out : D (he'd tell Hot Rod the truth) ]
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: [ none tysm! ]

Tristam

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Bokeh
Brief Bio: A quiet but adventurous boy who just wants to take pretty pictures.
Wrestler Ring Name: F-Stop
Catchphrase: "Say Cheese!"
Face or Heel? Face
Wrestling backstory: Accidently exposed an old camera's reel to light, and needs to stay out the house because he is terrible liar
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Went to find a new spot to burytheoldcamera- I mean, to take pictures of bugs
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: Generosity

Scaramouche Fandango

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Third Impact
Brief Bio: A brooding girl whose ideas about death coming from above are a little violent for one so small.
Wrestler Ring Name: Instrumentality
Catchphrase: I'LL RETURN YOU TO NOTHING
Face or Heel? Heel
Wrestling backstory: She thought there might be aliens. Nobody's conquering this world but HER!
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? She told her dad exactly what she was doing.

Fealine

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Aegis
Brief Bio: Rough, tough, warrior/vikingesque kinda gal, Aegis devotes herself to protecting those she loves....and those who have the highest coin. Not afraid to punch first and ask questions later, she's one to turn a blind eye to whatever it is your doing and keep you safe, so long as you paid her the higher price that is. Lay one hoof on her loved ones however and your dead, no matter your pocket worth.
Wrestler Ring Name: Val-Hollow (because that's how she'll leave your face!)
Catchphrase: GET SMASHED!
Face or Heel? Heel
Wrestling backstory: Eager to prove to her fellow ancestral warriors that she can and will devastate her foes she looks for any chance she can get to get into a scuffle. However, her hooves may have strayed a little and instead of wanting her own glorious death via combat..... she's ready to send other's to their afterlives.
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Training with Oathkeeper of course!
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: Generosity, Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter, Honesty, Purpose

Alanna the Pirate Queen

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Hijinks
Brief Bio: Hijinks is a mischievous and attention-loving phony. In her not-so-humble opinion, negative attention is better than no attention. She has no need to be liked, only to be known and seen and envied. In fact, Hijinks would take jealousy over admiration any day. As such, she inherited from mama-System a knack for technology-- though her main interest revolves around lights and pyrotechnics. Making things that sparkle and boom is her favorite past time, shortly followed by finding ways to torment the town with her inventions.
Wrestler Ring Name: Pyro
Catchphrase: BOOOM BABY!
Face or Heel? Heel
Wrestling backstory: Hijinks: I mean, my parents are no-shows, my brothers and I grew up in the streets, and I like to blow things up. What more of a backstory do I need? Now shut up and fight me.
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Haven't talked to the 'rents in ages. They probably don't care... at least one of them probably hopes I'll die.
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: GenerosityHonesty

Astraea

ENTER THE DOME
Babby: Requiem
Brief Bio: Lofty ambitions and not afraid to get her hooves dirty, Requiem is going to own the underbelly of Phonycity. All deals go through her approval, only things she approves will happen. If you cut her out or cross you, Admin help you because your nanites might not be salvageable after.
Wrestler Ring Name: Necroprancer
Catchphrase: YOU CAN'T BEAT A DEAD HORSE!
Face or Heel? Heel
Wrestling backstory: A revenge story for the ages; taken out to teach someone else a lesson was an unfair reason to cut her story short. Now, Necro is on a mission to pay back her attackers and to put a certain someone else in their place; her coffin.
What did you tell your parents you were doing instead of coming to join an illegal underground babby fighting ring? Corpses don't have parents, just mourners! (But she may have mentioned she was going out to play.)
Links to Elements of Harmony RPs, if any: None ; o ;