News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] Level up! (Shockstar x Banana Creme)

Started by Fealine, May 10, 2021, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fealine

Shockstar glanced up at the cafe sign before back at the card he had been handed from Fruit Punch. Cloud Nine. This looked like the place.

Shockstar opened the door gently, a black and yellow cap on his head with a matching saddle bag draped over his back, both had a white silhouetted capsule logo on them. A pastel but vibrant cat sat on his back, her fluffy furr puffed out as she cleaned herself, trying not to be too jostled by his movements. Inside the bag was a starfish, half of it poked out of the top, just kind of sloshed there. The yellow pony wasn't sure if it was a seat yourself kind of deal so at first he stood nervously in the opening, just glancing around before finding a empty table to sit his stuff down at.

The cat leaped off his back and onto the cushioned seats, kneading but without claws, a faint purr echoing from her throat. She watched the yellow pony put his bag down, giving him a slight side eye before reaching around from behind to bap at the starfish as it simply slouched over to the side.

Blinking, Shockstar looked around for the one he had been told was Banana Cream, Fruit Punch's sister. He was curious to meet her since FP had mentioned she was good with critters and could possibly help them level up. "Um....hello?"

@shortcutt

shortcutt

It was perfectly quiet today. Banana Creme's siblings, Pink Lemonade and Fruit Punch, had both left the restaurant for errands, leaving the space nice and serene, save for the quiet music playing through the overhead speakers for customers that weren't exactly here right now. It was the perfect time for her to work on the finer decorations of the mass of macarons she had baked today, and she had found herself humming slightly along to the songs, lost in her process until--

Chimes.

Her hooves ceased their movement immediately, expert enough not to mess up on the delicate icing where she paused in the middle of it. She looked, almost panicked, over at her companion Crumble, who had been sleeping over by the back door until just now. His ears were perked and he stared back at Banana Creme, almost looking as shocked as she, knowing that the two of them were the only ones in the restaurant right now. Hadn't she flipped the open sign in the front when Pink Lemonade had left...? Oh no. That meant that she would have to be the one to greet the customer and wait on them. Not that she wasn't trained to do so, if only to be helpful on busy days, but... "Oh no." she whispered to herself. She had to go out there; she couldn't look at her sister straight again if she had just ignored a customer.

Bracing herself, BC nodded for Crumble to accompany her as she set down her icing bag and made her way into the dining area, resisting the knee-jerk urge to pull her hat down lower. Before she could greet the bright stallion seated at the table, her eyes fell onto the beautiful cat that sat in a seat all on their own, blinking in surprise at how damn adorable the fluffball was, playing with the... Was that a starfish..?? in the bag next to her.

"Ah. Cute..." She couldn't help herself saying aloud, though she backpedaled hard and did her best to look the patron in the eye as she addressed him. "Oh, um. Hi there. Was there, uh-- Did you, um. Want something?" She choked out, nearly grimacing at the way she sounded. "To drink, I mean." She clarified, feeling so awkward and out of place with the only guest here. ...At least he had some cute critters she could focus on.

@Fealine

Fealine

She was so quiet he almost hadn't seen her approach at first. Shockstar had been preoccupied in trying to keep Encore from bothering Splash that he was almost shocked to hear another voice besides his own.

Turning with a bit of a startle, his bolt shaped tail raised, he stared at the female. She really looked like that Fruit Punch fellow, only the female version. Cuter too. Did he scare her? Was that why she was stuttering? "I'm really sorry....um... if I need to come back later I can..." he said before a shrill meow from Encore cut him off.

The cat glared at him before hopping over the backpack and leaning forward to sniff at Banana Cream. Her tail was high in the air and she let out a couple of purring chirps, pawing at the air to get attention. Shockstar laughed and shook his head. "She likes just about everyone but me." he sighed before his brain decided to catch up to her question. "OH...um.. if its not too much trouble.... just some water for Splash here." he said as he gestured to the starfish before taking it out of the bag and letting it slop on the seat. "Um... sorry, let me start over. I'm Shockstar, I met.....your brother? He told me to come here...and that you are really good with critters and could help me level them up...." he said, now nervous himself as he began to let his eyes wander, not sure if he should focus on her or if that seemed to make her more uncomfortable.

@shortcutt

shortcutt

Ah, shit, she really shouldn't be scaring patrons off with her nervous attitude. Pink Lemonade would be so disappointed She needed to get over it, and quick. Putting on her big-girl hat on, she shook her head and was about to reply when the furry model caught her off-guard. There was no way she could ignore giving the cat attention, carefully petting under her chin and the side of her cheek in greeting. From her left, Crumble made a gentle 'whuff' and lifted his nose to the table curiously, sniffing and greeting Encore with a wag of his tail.

Letting out a small giggle at the interaction, she quickly closed her mouth when she realized what she was doing, and immediately returned to focusing on Shockstar. He wanted water! For his cute little starfish, nonetheless! Get it together, BC! "Um, yeah! I'll-- Let me go get the um. Water for you. Shockstar, was it?" With an urgency to her step, she filled up two glasses of water behind the bar, bringing them back to the table (without spilling a drop this time, thank you very much). "There. I, ah, brought one for you as well... Just in case you got thirsty, too."

Circling back around to his explanation of being there, Banana Creme thought over it again, realizing the other phony had mentioned that he had spoken to her brother-- Augh! Fruit Punch! This was all his fault! Was he trying to set her up with someone again? Her cheeks heated with the wild embarrassment she suddenly felt, though she forced herself to speak to introduce herself. "I'm Banana Creme. I'm not entirely sure what my brother told you... I'm not exactly an animal whisperer or anything, but I do like them... And they tend to like me, too." As if to demonstrate, she dangled the pom pom from the side of her hat in front of Encore to play with her.

"This is Crumble, my--" Looking down at her canine companion, she thought about introducing him as what he was, her support dog, but maybe that was too much information for now. Shockstar didn't look like he would be the type to judge her, but just because he was cute and hadn't said anything stupid to her yet didn't mean that she needed to be honest about everything. "He's my partner, y'know? We go pretty much everywhere together. You said you wanted to, um... Level up your friends here?"[/color] What a strange way to say he wanted to train them. But that was what he meant, right? "I could show you a few tricks to help you get along better with your little lady here, maybe?"

@Fealine

Fealine

Shockstar smiled as she brought back two glasses. "Hey, thanks!" He said, taking his and taking a sip before he picked up Splash again. "I hope its ok to put Splash here on the table? I'll make sure to clean up any mess made though, like super promise!" he said as he sat the fat starfish down and picked up the other glass, dipping his hoof into it then sprinkling it it all over the blobby starfish, watching as it seemed to dance happily after being moistened.

He watched Encore bap at the dangly poof on Banana Creme's hat before curiously and slowly reaching out a hoof to bap Crumble on the nose. "Ey, easy, this isn't a battle arena." he said, semi cross eyed at the cat who just seemed to huff and ignore him, going back to pawing at the poof ball being teased before her. He had to laugh however as he reached out to pet Crumble on the head. "Aww he's lovely, what level is he?" he asked curiously, listening to her explanation. "Oh... sorry, I hope I didn't get the wrong idea? I got excited at the thought of someone else who was like me I guess.... I'm really sorry.... " he said, now embarrassed as he rubbed a hoof on the back of her head.

Had he misunderstood that Fruit Punch fellow?

Was he just here bothering this poor mare?

Sighing, he had about to mention he'd finish up the water and would split until she offered to teach him some tricks. "OH! That would be just AMAZING! I can pay you for your time?!" he seemed eager, little bit more excited, his bolt shaped tail sort of wagging like a dog.

@short

shortcutt

Banana Creme couldn't help but laugh a little as she watched Splash visibly recharge with the sprinkling of water. Who cared what kind of mess was on the table? She could clean it up anyway, especially if it was to make an animal happy. Crumble snorted again when Encore ignored him, not bothered in the slightest, as he wagged his tail under Shockstar's attention.

"What level is he..?" What an odd question. But that was okay. It reminded her of Phokemon, really... And she had been utterly obsessed with that series as a filly. Deciding to go along with it, she hummed, peering down at her companion as she contemplated what level. "Level 30? I don't see Crumble growing past that, since we don't do any practice at all. He usually just sits by my side while I make sweets in the back..." Was that a good enough answer? It seemed as though he had somehow misunderstood Fruit Punch or something--What did that asshat tell this guy?--and suddenly he was apologizing, and Creme worried that she had said something wrong, or had put him off somehow. But before she could apologize, the stallion was latching on to her idea of showing him tricks, enthusiasm seemingly restored.

What a guy.

"Pay me? Oh, no, I mean... You definitely don't have to pay me... I was just going to show you a few things that maybe you didn't already know..." She blinked slowly at Encore, silently communicating that things were calm and she was safe here in the restaurant. "How do you typically, um, train her? Cats are much harder to train and um, teach moves to than dogs are, but the principles are still the same. Food motivation." There had to be some bacon left over from brunch, still to prove her point... "I'm sorry, let me go grab some meat so I can show you." she bounced on her hooves a bit before trotting back to the kitchen, Crumble at her heels for the short trip, even as she returned quickly, with a strip of bacon.

To demonstrate, she held ripped off a small bit of the bacon, looking at Crumble without saying a word as she held up her hoof. He sat. Lowering her hoof, the dog laid down, eyes wide and attentive. Clicking her tongue twice and raising her hoof with some gusto, Crumble was up on his hind legs, balancing as best as he could until BC finally caved and gave him the small treat. "See? Food motivated. Crumble can do a bunch more, but you get my point. Why don't you try it out with... Oh, what's her name? I never asked for either of their names, I'm sorry."

@Fealine