News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Laughter] Forgiving the Old, Forging the New [BB/FP] (Complete)

Started by shortcutt, May 16, 2021, 09:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -was being babysat by his Uncle Fruit Punch yet again, but instead of the usual Cloud Nine scene where the stallion was closing up shop, it had been decided that the colt would spend the night at his uncle's apartment, looking for some "Guy Time," or whatever his mom had called it. He knew it was her excuse to have a date night with his father Midnight Snack, but that was okay with him. He really enjoyed spending time with his mess of an uncle anyway. And speaking of messes... Fruit Punch currently had his head down on his kitchen table with a beer in his hoof, not quite asleep, but certainly not sober to say the least. Making his way from the couch to the seat next to the white phony, the colt prodded his uncle with a hoof, leaning his head against the table as well- Uncle Punch... Hey. You're not watching the movie with me, anymore. It ended like... Ten minutes ago. Something else is playing now. I've never seen it.

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -wouldn't deprive himself of alcohol within his own home even if his nephew was here. He had been casually enjoying adult phony beverages while marathon-ing movies with Butter Beer but he was a couple drinks in and feeling pleasantly warm and fuzzy. Before he knew it he'd blinked and started dozing off but the shake of a little hoof and mention of 'something he's never seen' was enough to have him jolt up to make sure the scene on his screen was age appropriate and not one of the on-demand adult phony channels he'd paid for...- Oh, my bad, Big Bux! Let's um, see what this is..? -he squinted at the flat screen tv, needing a moment to identify the film- This is good, it's The Phokemon Movie! BC loved this when we were your age! -grins, recognizing the adorable and energetic yellow blur-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: The what? -Butter Beer had never heard of the Phokemon Movie... Sure, he'd seen the little toys around here and there, and had recognized it as a superior business that had made its mark, but. A movie? He didn't know they were in the movie franchise as well. Turning back around to watch a few seconds of it, he blinked, confusion growing on his face- How old is this? Was this new when you guys were kids..? ... Wait. Banana Creme was actually into something besides making macarons? -he actually chuckled at that, turning back to Fruit Punch with interest- Did you guys watch this movie a lot?

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -hums thoughtfully, thinking about the movie from his foalhood- Yeah, Mom and Mama took us to the theater with some other kids. It was all we could talk about! -takes another swig from his glass, sitting up properly now- We got these little collector's keepsake gold cards after... That was the best. -nods once BC was mentioned, a happy look on his face as struck up conversation about his littlest sister- She had a crush on Rash the trainer. He wanted to be the 'very best' there ever was, or something like that... She doodled him and the little squirrel-rat? -gestures at the tv, indicating that Rash, Sisty, and Bronk were on screen together traveling to the mysterious island-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -considers the idea of his mom, aunt, and uncle all as foals, but he just couldn't quite picture it. Especially his own mother.- That's so weird. Cards, you say? Do you guys still have them? Do you think they're worth anything? -he had never bothered to ask if his mother had any keepsakes from childhood, but he wondered if possibly, she had this card tucked away somewhere safe. After a beat of silence from him, the colt chimed up again- Uncle Punch? ...What were you like as foals? Like... Did you ever do stuff together as siblings..? -the question was a little quiet, his guilt creeping up on him that he never really made the effort to do anything with his own siblings, and now that they had grown up, it was even harder to make that connection. He knew how much his family loved one another, but as far as he could remember, there weren't any really special times they shared together as kids. What a heavy bummer.-

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: I hope they're not valuable... You'd have to check the old toy boxes at the house, if we have first editions maybe. -couldn't imagine they'd kept junk like that but who knew? Candy Cane or Lemon Lime might've held onto some of their old things for memories' sake. He watched the tv for a little while during that moment of silence that passed but when Butter Beer asked about other stories, he looked a little surprised. Was something bothering his nephew?- Hey. Are you worried about being a 'late bloomer'? Everyphony grows at their own pace BB, it just takes time. -doesn't want BB to be sad, so he tries to think of an interesting story to help change the colt's mood- ...Did I ever tell you about the time that we all watched Titenic together? The girls were unimpressed but I cried my eyes out at the end. Mama Candy even had to console me after.

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -his cheeks heated when he was called out, unable to help himself turning his gaze away to the drink in his uncle's hoof. Briefly he wondered if the grainy smell matched the taste, but he was drawn out of the thought by Fruit Punch speaking up again. Apparently the three siblings had watched that achingly long movie about the sinking boat, but, wait!- You cried, Uncle Punch? That movie is supposed to be so long and boring... Or that's at least what Mom told me about it. -humming a little, he leaned in closer to the table and giggled a little- Did you actually think it was good? Are you secretly into cheesy romance movies?

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -swoons dramatically at the thought of Ceonardo Li Daprio's young and handsome face on screen. He sprawled out across the dining room chairs to recreate his own version of the famous scene- Who doesn't want a hot guy or gal to draw you like one of their French girls? -rolls over to rest on his belly, now at BB's eye level- I do like cheesy romance movies, thank you! Whether it's movie night, date night, or here at home I love seeing the cinema stars and singing or dancing with the music. It always takes me away~ -responds in a sing-song type voice, clearly having a good amount of fun at least entertaining himself- Big Bux, when was the last time we had a family dance party? You wanna get Funky tonight?

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -couldn't hold back his laughter as Fruit Punch rolled around on the table, really enjoying seeing his uncle relax and let loose a bit. Not that FP was ever really serious, but there was a melancholic nature to him that always seemed to pervade everything he did. None of that was here tonight. When a dance party was brought up, he was reminded of the little ones that he and his siblings used to have as kids when his mom and dad would turn up the music in the bar during closing hours. Those were the best times, and he wasn't about to turn down an opportunity to see his uncle's own moves.- Okay, but you gotta pick the song, and you gotta give me a performance! I'll be the judge, okay?

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -takes a minute to find the remote to the tv, turning it off so he could get some music going. They could watch the Phokemon movie together another time anyway. The redhead looked around to find his phone, bringing it over from across the kitchen using unicorn magic so he could start some music on the wireless speaker- Alright alright, let's go for a classic. -can't hide the smile that formed when he selected Sexy Back by Tustin Jimberlake- This song will never get old and will never not apply to me. -starts to lipsync in time with the song, dancing along although there was a particular tipsy swagger to his rhythm-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -was already grinning while his uncle set up the music, though he absolutely guffawed when Sexy Back started playing. This song really did fit Fruit Punch and his overall personality, especially with the catchy beat of the song. Clapping as he cheered the stallion on, the foal came up to dance with his uncle, trying his best to mimic the other's movements. He wanted to be cool when he grew up, after all. When the song was finished, he scrambled to change the music on FP's phone, already knowing what he wanted to play- Okay, okay. You were really cool with your song I have to give you a 10. But for my song, you have to sing along with me, otherwise it won't work. You have to play the girl. -starting Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better from the old musical Nannie Get Your Bow, he grinned, knowing that Fruit Punch absolutely knew all the words to this song, just like the foal did. Starting on his cue, the young unicorn sang out to his uncle, happy to be performing a duet with him-

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -managed not to bump into anything or knock anything over, so he actually felt pretty damn proud of himself. He waited for Butter Beer to pick a song and as soon as it started he knew it right away. He and Banana Creme had dueted this song so many times... He definitely knew all the words by heart!- ...I can live on bread and cheese~ (and only on that?) You bet! -continues the song with his nephew until it was over. He burst out laughing once it was done, teary eyed but it was obvious that he was enjoying every second of this- This is the best, Big Bux. Let's sing until we can't anymore!

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -had put all of his effort into singing the song as loud and as well as he could, breathless at points during the song, but he carried on regardless. When he was completely spent after the final line, he looked at his uncle and burst into a fit of laughter, having had so much fun singing the duet with the stallion. It had been such a long time since he had laughed like that, and the feeling was uplifting and delightful, and just everything that the colt needed tonight. With the suggestion that they should sing the night away, he bounded toward the couch and stood on the cushions giggling like the child he was- Oh! Oh! Part of Your World next! -and with that started the night of on and off Dysnie songs with some of the old Phokemon theme songs sprinkled in (for Fruit Punch, of course) over a near-constant laughter at one another's dramatics. No matter what, he could count on Uncle FP to lift him up and put him in a wonderful, light-hearted mood.-