News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] A what potion now?? [Aegis x Witch Hazel]

Started by Fealine, May 24, 2021, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fealine

Aegis had kept in touch with Witch Hazel since the clean up job since the filly was pretty cool and seemed into some neat stuff. Similar to her brother only not quite as outlandishly crazy, but still. The concepts were cool, even if it wasn't something Aegis found herself super good at. But the filly had called her over today to give her something and Aegis was all about free stuff.

With a grin, she told her parents she'd be back later, slapped her saddle bags over her carousel saddle and set off towards Witch Hazel's house. She had remembered where it was easily enough and found herself at their door in no time. She coughed a second, clearing her breath before reaching out to knock on the door. "Hellloooo? Mister Cloud sir, or Hazel, its me, Aegis!" she shouted at the door before stepping back, almost proud of herself though she wasn't sure why. Perhaps she was just simply excited for whatever this was going to turn out to be?

@Ruriska

Ruriska

The door opened almost immediately,

Witch Hazel had never had a friend over before and had been waiting, perched at the edge of the living room couch, as her father watched her curiously over the rim of his cup. Everyone else was either busy or out which was perfect because she didn't need anyone pestering her and her new friend.

When the knock arrived, she jumped, slid off the couch and scampered quickly over to the door to open it. "Hello," she greeted, trying not to sound too weird. "Come on in." She stood aside to let her in.

Cirrus was also standing now, also awkward and unsure. "Would... would you girls like some tea? Or snacks?" He asked hopefully.

"We're fine, dad but thank you."

@Fealine

Fealine

The door opened quicker than she had expected and Aegis grinned, stepping inside. "Sup!" she said before glancing back at Cirrus and waving a hoof. "Hello Mr Cloud dad! Thanks but no thanks!" she echoed Hazel's response, doing her best to remember her manners that her mom had insisted she learned. She shifted her saddle bags before glancing back at the filly, grinning. "So what's up? You sounded excited and that you had something to show me?" she asked, tilting her head curiously. Were they going to go up to her room or was this ok in front of the other's dad?

@Ruriska

Ruriska

"This way," Witch Hazel said, hastening Aegis along. The house wasn't very big, in fact it was downright cramped. The main living area was full of random items, cabinets dedicated to divination items and tea cups, plush chairs, sparkly trinkets hanging from the ceiling.

Cirrus was watching with a curious frown, clearly torn between giving space and wanting to be a doting father. "Okay... but if you need anything..." He trailed off as they disappeared down the very short hallway.

Witch Hazel entered the small bedroom she shared with all of her siblings, looked around to make sure there definitely wasn't someone still lurking around and then trotted over to the corner of the room. Then she waited for Aegis to join her there, butterflies in her stomach.

She wasn't used to sharing her secrets with anyone, not even her siblings.

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis couldn't help but notice how cluttered the house was and had so many questions but figured now wasn't quite the time for all of them. Instead as they went down the hall she simply said. "Neat place. Reminds me of my brothers room...." She cast a glance back at Cirrus and waved again though this time she smiled more awkwardly.

"He gonna be ok?" she gestured to Cirrus before stepping fully into the room and glancing around again. She chuckled, glancing around trying to figure out which side of the room was Hazel's before Hazel even gave it away. "Oh I was going to guess either that space or that one as being yours." she pointed to the opposite corner, her own heart fluttering at what possible juicy secrets she was about to be told.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Witch Hazel's bed and the area near it was definitely neater than the rest, as if seeking some small manner of calm tidiness in an otherwise cluttered home. Not that she hated being surrounded by so many things but this home was not big enough for seven and the older she got the more she realised it.

Her dream home was somewhere far away from everything, where she could indulge in silence in her own space. Somewhere far from the drama that came from having a monster for a mother.

"He'll be fine," she assured Aegis with a smile, really happy the other Phony was concerned about her dad. Cirrus was a good father, as much as he stressed over the role.

There was a box where Witch had led them and she carefully pushed it aside, using her shoulder to slide it across the floor, revealing her secret: a loose floorboard. She carefully eased it up and within was a selection of her most treasured items: a book of spells and her collection of dried herbs and ingredients.

There was also a stoppered bottle with a strange pinkish liquid inside.

"Remember the other day.... when you said you wished you had a potion to make you stronger..." Witch Hazel carefully pulled the bottle out, holding it as carefully between two hooves as if it was a baby. "Well, I... gave making one a try."

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis had almost forgotten about that statement. A potion to make her stronger. She had mostly wanted it so she could impress a certain somepony more but she hadn't really thought anyone would take her serious.

When Hazel pulled out a tiny bottle of pink liquid, she eyed it curiously at first. "Wait wait." she said, shaking a hoof in the air before her. "You mean....that?!" she said, pointing at the potion bottle. "You made that....AND it should make me stronger?" she blinked.

Suddenly she pulled back, tightening her lips before glancing around as if to make sure someone else wasn't watching. She was skeptical but... it sounded too good to be true...but man did she want it to be true. She could just imagine Oathkeeper's face....

Leaning closer, Aegis squinted at the bottle again before back at Hazel. "You legit made a strength potion??"

@Ruriska

Ruriska

It had been a throwaway statement from Aegis but it had stuck with Witch Hazel for a long time. As a budding, well... witch, she had begun taking a keen interest in spells and potions. It was the small things she liked; the little spells of finding and healing, the runes for protection. Nothing flashy, just enough to make life slightly easier.

She'd recalled reading of a small strength potion and had spent the next few days collecting ingredients and studying the recipe until finally attempting to create it. Hazel had been pleased with the results, although the colour was slightly different than what the recipe had said.

But she was too proud to mention that.

"It should." Oh, she really hoped. "Not crazy Hercules strength but after you take it, it should give you a bit of a boost for a few hours. That's what the book said." Hazel looked down at the little bottle and then back at Aegis, slowly holding it out for her to take.

"Did you want to try it?"

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis had only previously read about this stuff in books or TV shows, never real life. The fact that Witch Hazel seemed to actually be able to make this stuff was just mind blowing and for a few seconds, the carousel couldn't even respond. Her eyes were something akin from animated shows, big, round and sparkling, locked on that tiny bottle of pinkish liquid.

"HECK YEAH I DO!" she suddenly shouted before she gained a sudden oops face and looked towards the door to see if Cirrus would come barreling down.

When he didn't seem too, she scooted closer to Hazel and spoke more quietly, slowly reaching out but not yet taking the bottle, just incase Hazel seemed to change her mind. "I would love too... I mean if your ok with it. If that works.... oh man." she trailed off, her voice wispy as if it was fleeting, the look behind her eyes a complete dream. She could already picture it in her mind, even if it only lasted a few hours. Oath would be so proud.....

Maybe....

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Aegis' loud reaction immediately made Witch Hazel blush and stare at the floor, feeling a strange feeling of... oh, happiness! She wasn't even sure if she'd gotten it right but she really hoped. With her friend so excited, she really didn't want to suggest anything negative. A big part of spells and potions was belief. If they didn't believe in it, there was no chance of it working.

"Here," she offered the precious bottle to Aegis, a special secret moment between the two of them. She didn't know what Aegis wanted to be strong for, other than beating people up but Witch Hazel could sense there was something more. She didn't plan on asking and she wasn't going to judge regardless.

"Come back and see me after you use it," she suggested. "But only if you want to."

@Fealine

Fealine

"Of course I'll come back!" Aegis laughed and took the bottle, holding it gently like the worlds most greatest treasure. She was beaming from ear to ear and leaned out to give Hazel a quick but tight hug. "If this works... man I will legit pay you for more... like somehow dude." she said, taking it and shoving it gently in her bag, nestled between a stuffed gorilla's arms, protected by its funny red boxing gloves. "There." she smiled, patting her bag.

"I'm going to go see... ah my training coach. I've found someone whose been helping me practice my form lately. She's going to be SO impressed." she grinned, practically bouncing in place now, her wings flared almost completely out as if she were going to just bust through the roof. "I'll be back!" she grinned, racing for the door, pausing only to give Hazel a short wave before she sprinted off.

-------

It was several hours later and Aegis was back at Witch Hazel's door, a little less pep in her step and a little more confusion. She reached out and knocked at the door, waiting and wiggling for it to open. Her eyes seemed to look anywhere but at the door as she searched her brain for how to tell Hazel exactly what had happened....

@Ruriska

Ruriska

The door opened even faster this time but instead of ushering Aegis inside, Witch Hazel stepped out onto the little porch, her mouth pressed into a thin line as she closed the door behind her. Just one look at Aegis' puzzled expression was enough to tell her she had been correct.

After her friend had left, Hazel had excitedly looked over the recipe once more and imagined how awesome it would be when Aegis came back and told her how it had worked! However something had caught her attention, one small little detail that she'd somehow overlooked.

Ok, maybe it was a big detail.

She'd used the wrong plant.

In her defence, they toadflax and snapdragon looked extremely similar and her botany skills were still in the works. But that had changed the potion entirely. Witch Hazel was ashamed she hadn't noticed it or questioned the colour difference.

Instead of a strength potion, she'd handed Aegis a love potion.

Witch Hazel gave a halfhearted 'welcome back' and then waited awkwardly for the other Phony to say something. She knew she needed to be honest but a small part of her was ready to deny the mistake and blame it on something else.

@Fealine

Fealine

"Yeaaaaah...." was all Aegis could say at first.

She stared at Witch Hazel and noticed the other filly's expressions. Did she know something? Or was Aegis just imagining it? Had Cirrus gotten mad at her or something? WHo knew.

All she knew was that that potion... did not give her strength.

"So. About that potion." She said, fluffing out her wings before settling back down, looking off to the side. "Yeah, um. That wasn't... exactly strength...... that you made.... there." She said, puffing out her cheeks like a chipmunk.

Did she just come right out and say it? That instead of feeling stronger she felt more.... emotional? That when she saw Oathkeeper she about lost her damn mind??? That her heart went pitter patter and she swore she could see hearts and shit floating in front of her. That things looked..... pink... and she was not strong.....at all. Oathkeeper was very confused and disappointed....

"Hazel....." she coughed a bit, not even sure what to say. After a few moments she took a breath.

"What... the heck did you give me.... because the way I felt... that was probably... the most awkward.... worst.....training session I ever had." She frowned, now staring back at the filly.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

On the plus side, it was clear from Aegis' description that the potion, even though it had been the wrong one, it had worked. That was enough to make her smile slightly and then sigh. She owed it to Aegis to come clean.

"I'm sorry, I... I made a mistake. I gave you the wrong potion." She didn't like to admit it but her father had always told her honesty was important. "I mixed up the ingredients and gave you a love potion instead."

She smiled apologetically.

"Although," she said, as another thought occurred to her, "love potions aren't supposed to work if there aren't some feelings there in the first place... a witch can't make something from nothing."

@Fealine

Fealine

A.... LOVE.... POTION??

Aegis about screamed as her head shot to the sky and her cheeks puffed out even harder and shes did all she could to not explode.

She was angry. OH so angry and she wanted to tell Hazel so with a nice hoof to her slightly smiling face.... but something about the last line of hers made Aegis pause long enough to deflate her cheeks like a balloon. "A love..... potion." she groaned, sitting down and pressing a hoof to her face.

Why of all things, that? "Isn't that a rooky mistake?" she sighed again, rubbing her temples before she bit her bottom lip. Love potions didn't work without feelings in the first place? Did that mean the fact that it did work... meant she just unintentionally spilled the beans? Auihgksjgskg.

"Look." she said with a really loud, and grumpy, sigh. "There.... might be somepony... I really like..... so I mean maybe...aaaaaanother love potion.... would be cool....foryouknow... togivetothem.." she coughed and looked away, embarrassed, each word getting softer and softer.

@Ruriska