News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Honesty] What Is This Game Again? [Checkmate x Paladin]

Started by Nym, May 10, 2021, 08:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym

Recess had begun and Paladin had watched the other students over the last few weeks play chess with Checkmate. He had... no clue how they did it, honestly, but it hadn't ever been a thought in Paladin's head. Not until now, that is. Checkmate sat there quietly and Paladin had waited for their opponent to announce themselves, only to note that they... never did. That nagging little voice in Paladin's head shoved him forward, pushing him to settle in the seat across from Checkmate, intent on ensuring the foal wasn't alone for recess.

But now he had a bigger problem.

He stared at the board, barely paying attention as Checkmate set it up neatly. How did- how did one start? They had to pick a color, right? And then... what? His pride refused to let him admit his lack of bearings, his hoof raising to gesture to the board with a false confidence.

"What color should I be?"

@Byagane319

Byagane319

Checkmate loved recess.  A time when he and the other foals could battle with their wits across the chessboard!  Sure sometimes they got frustrated when they lost but he couldn't help that he practiced a lot.  A few had even told them they didn't feel like playing with him any more as they always lost.  Checkmate didn't understand this, after all you learned from losing so why didn't they want to play him again?  It was this mindset that seemed to leave him beret of an opponent today.  He almost gave up, a small sad look on his face when Paladin sat down.  The pink colt with multicolored hair seemed determined to challenge him.  He smiled as he set up the board.

"Well I prefer to play black but if you wish to have that color we can just turn the board.  Some phonies are particular in their color but either is fine with me!" he smiled and looked back at the other colt.  He wondered what kind of strategy he would use.  From what he remembered Paladin came from a warrior father Just Lance!  He should be an excellent opponent!

@Nym

Bebe's little sweetheart