News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Loyalty] Bad Times, Good Friends! [FP, BB, Hellion, KO] (COMPLETE)

Started by HopelesslyPretty, May 12, 2021, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -is closing the bar for the night, finishing up his evening duties before he could lock up and call it a day. Pink Lemonade had taken the night off so he'd agreed to help babysit her son and finally let her relax. The unicorn was currently tidying up the bar counter, having Butter Beer help him with what tasks were deemed 'appropriate' for his age group without getting him into any trouble- Okay, I've got this end of the bar covered, little man. Do you want to take care of wiping tables for me to make this a team effort? If we finish up pretty quick, I might be willing to let you experiment in the kitchen? -knows BB well enough to understand he didn't 'work for free'-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -rinsing the dishes, the grey foal had been deep in thought with many swirling ideas of how to start his own insanely profitable business when his uncle had piped up, his ears pricking at the mention of being allowed to experiment in the kitchen if he continued to help- Really?? -he couldn't keep the excitement in his voice contained, hurriedly (and carefully) setting down the last glass he had been toweling off, he took off with the rag in his hand, snatching the spray bottle under the counter so he could go scrub the tables clean. If Fruit Punch was offering him time in the kitchen, he was going to do his best work on those tables to possibly gain more favor, and by extension, more time being able to come up with a product that would capture the pockets of phonies across the world-

cursedwanderer

Hellion:   Why is it that I got stuck with food duty today? It was supposed to be Hoax's turn. -He grumbled under his breath and his stomach rumbled loudly in response.  The foal traipsed down a street lined with shops and restaurants, hoping to find a satisfying meal for the group.  His nose tipped to the air as he scented something tasty from a dumpster in a nearby alleyway.  Wings aflutter, he lifted himself up to the dumpster's lip and peered in.-  Well...  It's certainly no banquet.  Hijinks likes banana peel, right...?
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

HopelesslyPretty

Knockout: -is doing a night patrol to check for any drunks or scoundrels that might be hanging around the alleys. He knew he was in the area of Cloud Nine but figured he wouldn't encounter anyone considering he'd be approaching the bar from the rear. He made his way closer and was surprised to spot a familiar colt by the dumpster- Hellion? What are you doing here?

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -can't help smiling at his nephew, enjoying the company even if it was a bit of extra work to manage both the bar and a kid. He however, greatly enjoyed knowing he didn't have that type of long-term commitment in his life and could send BB home after a couple of hours- Yeah, as long as you don't make too much of a mess in there. -finishes wiping down the counter, sitting the cloth down by the small sink faucet.- Once you're done with tables and sweeping, I'll stack the chairs up and put them away. After that you should be good to play. -moves on to closing down the register, knowing this would probably take his attention for a little while to count the cash and balance the book-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -buckled down immediately on his chores, brimming with excitement as his mind raced with what he could possibly try first back in the kitchen. As soon as the foal was finished polishing the tables, he made his way for the large broom and pushed it around the floor to collect dust and debris as thoroughly as he could. He was huffing slightly through his nose when he had finished, scooping up the remains and dumping them in the large trash can behind the counter. Looking up at Fruit Punch with his wide, determined eyes, he almost barked his declaration with the utmost enthusiasm- Uncle FP! I'm done! I'll be in the kitchen! -and without waiting for permission, the foal bolted into the kitchen to yank open the fridge door like his life depended on it-

cursedwanderer

Hellion: -He flinched mid garbage dive as a familiar voice called out to him from the gloom.-  Oh!  -He scrambled out of the dumpster with a sheepish look on his face as he turned to the familiar adult who had happened to catch him.-  I wasn't expecting to see you again.  Don't tell me, you're also guarding this dumpster?  -The colt laughed and fiddled with his mane with an idle hoof.-  I'm looking for some relatively untouched leftovers if I can happen to find them.  Although, realistically, I'm not unfamiliar with the taste of maggots.  They do have quite a bit of protein as they say.  -He smirks as he tries to gross out the stallion, although there was a twinge of bitterness behind his eyes.-  It was supposed to be my brother's turn to dumpster dive, but...
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

HopelesslyPretty

Knockout: -realizes that he'd probably called out to the foal at a moment the other pegasus would have preferred to avoid. He shook his head, all to familiar with Hellion's bitterness while searching for food- I'm not the Trash King but I know the family that runs this bar. -points with a hoof to the back door of Cloud Nine, the establishment that used this dumpster- One of them is the type of guy that doesn't care if you eat shit or die, but the others are alright, I guess. -wouldn't specify the exact details of his relationship to Hellion, but his tone suggested that he was 'in the same boat'- Let's see if we can get you something not covered in bugs, but I can't guarantee we'll get in.

HopelesslyPretty

Fruit Punch: -isn't keeping his eyes on Butter Beer, muttering softly under his breath as he continued counting the totals for the day, jotting down some notes in his books. He yelled over his shoulder toward the kitchen- Thanks, little man! Try not to break anything, will you? I'll help you work on the Perfect Pour once I'm done out here. -keeps on chipping away, sure that Butter Beer could entertain himself while he was busy-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -was almost too busy to even hear his uncle calling back to him, but he let out an automatic "Uh-huh," just to satisfy the stallion behind the bar- Okay, last week I tested out different teas with different kinds of milk... The progress on that was good, but it's still missing something... -he sighed, pulling out the glass milk bottles that were kept in the fridge and staring intently at them like they were keeping secrets from him. What if he added herbs and spices to the milk to this time? It couldn't be that different from tea, right?-

cursedwanderer

Hellion: I don't think the title of trash king would suit you anyways.  You're too put together and clean.  -He chewed his lip as he listened to the stallion.-  Eat shit or die?  Not an uncommon thought from the restaurateurs to the likes of us.  I guess we do have grabby grubby little hooves.  -The colt relaxed a bit.  It would be nice to have an adult manage sorting a meal out for him for once.  They tended to have money and they had the added bonus of being able to use as a shield against other, angry adults.-  I suppose if we're barred entry I won't be any worse than I started at least.

HopelesslyPretty

Knockout: -looks appreciative of the compliment, leading the way over to the backdoor. It had been a little while since he'd come to Cloud Nine but he assumed that old habits for Fruit Punch died hard. He'd spent spare time as a foal observing the other phony from afar and had come to learn that if the bartender was on staff, he typically left the backdoor unlocked until he was completely done shutting the place down after hours. This wouldn't be his first time sneaking in to steal from the kitchen, but his personal honor code always kept him away from the till- If I can spare you the trouble I don't mind getting my hooves a bit dirty. -puts his ear to the door, listening for any telltale signs of the kitchen being occupied. It didn't sound like anyone was nearby. If his guess was right that Fruit Punch was alone he could always distract the other male while Hellion went to the fridge... He moved back to test the handle and sure enough, he was was able to crack the door open- Sounds clear, but keep your voice down and stay behind me. -opens the door wide enough to stick his head inside, checking for anyone in the immediate area-

Fruit Punch: -hears the foal's reply and that was a good enough confirmation in his mind. After a short moment he finished emptying the drawer. The redhead zipped up the cash, locking it away into the hidden safe built under the bar counter before turning to the restaurant floor- Alright, now that that's done... -turns back to the restaurant floor, going over to double-check each table and make sure they really had been cleaned sufficiently by Butter Beer-

shortcutt

Butter Beer: -though he was lost in the numerous possibilities in front of him with the milk and spices, he actually didn't miss the sound of the back door cracking open, his head peering curiously over in that direction. He knew only family used the back entrance, so he wasn't really alarmed, though he had thought his mother had clearly stated that Fruit Punch was going to be babysitting him today while the bar was closing down. Deciding to go check (maybe it was his Aunt Banana Creme?), the foal's eyes widened slightly in mild surprise that it was instead Knock Out... and someone much smaller behind him? Keeping his voice low as he'd been taught whenever KO entered through the back, he smiled at his cousin and the newcomer with genuine interest and surprise- Hey dude. What're you doing here? Need something? -he blinked toward the other foal behind his family- Who's your friend? Oh... And before I forget, Uncle Fruit Punch is here, so...

cursedwanderer

Hellion: -The colt trotted in behind the stallion, doing his best to stay as close (and hidden) behind the adult as he could manage.  If some angry adult was going to start throwing stuff at them while they screamed at them to go out he'd rather have KO between them.-  That is surprisingly kind of you given you're not one of my siblings. -He mumbled under his breath and glanced around the kitchen. Eyes alighting upon the other foal he pursed his lips. A foal wasn't as much of a physical threat, but that didn't mean he wasn't a snitch.-  I take it this isn't the one who lets people eat shit and die?  -He whispered and cast a glance up at KO.-

HopelesslyPretty

Knockout: -looks somewhat relieved upon seeing Butter Beer, the colt being one of the few phonies he genuinely trusted. He quietly closed the door behind them before responding by whispering to both foals- Hellion, meet my best friend, Butter Beer. He's helped me out a lot and never judged me. -reaches out to give BB an affectionate ruffle to the mane before he continued- Hellion is hungry so I thought I'd get him something good to eat. He needs enough to bring back to his siblings, so can you help him load up a bag to go? You know the kitchen better than I do. I'll stay here in case he comes by. -He didn't even like saying his donor's name, his distaste for the unicorn apparent even when whispered-

Fruit Punch: -is far enough away from the back of the restaurant that he didn't hear anything suspicious. He finished walking the floor to check BB's work and was pleased. While his nephew was always quick to start his own plans, he respected that the kid was definitely a hard worker. The bartender started taking up the chairs next to keep making progress toward closing shop-