News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - K] A helping hoof in the kitchen [Kiwi Kiss x Bee Sweet x Bright Gallery]

Started by Nym, May 18, 2021, 12:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym

Bee Sweet frowned as he set up at the make-shift kitchen, hooves tapping away to drown out his worries. He... wasn't the worst at cooking, but he wasn't overtly talented at it, either. The school had allowed a local baker to volunteer and instruct the children on cooking a tart for the day, something which Bee Sweet imagined he'd either excel at or hide behind his back instead of showing his parents. A tart sounded hard -- he had made cookies before, but a tart sounded completely different!

The students in his class had all been assigned small stations side by side. Kiwi Kiss fussed with hers at the front, eyes scrunched as she seemed to struggle with the child-sized equipment. Her wings buzzed, a hoof pushing a strand of hair from her face.

"Alright sweethearts -- remember what I said about getting your ingredients portioned out ahead of time! Start setting your bowls and dishes up. I'll make my rounds in a few minutes~!"

@Gl!tch~

Gl!tch~

Bright Gallery had set up then re-set up then re-re set up. She didn't want to do it wrong! But she wasn't sure if she was doing it right!

The filly had helped in the kitchen before; when your family works with eggs, inevitably you learn how to crack them, whisk them, and scramble them (with supervision). But she was a bit of a stranger to measurements. What she did know from Fair Pace's soft baking shows he tended to play in the background while working was that baking was supposed to be precise, and tablespoons and teaspoons were very different. And she didn't want to be voted off the show! Er...out of class!

As she started to fret, she looked over at her neighbor. Part of her really, really wanted to ask if he thought her set-up was right, but she struggled to get the words out. Instead, she just started to copy what Bee Sweet was doing, from set-up to the tapping.

Nym

Bee Sweet was oblivious to the phony next to him mimicking him, instead diligently following instruction. Kiwi Kiss cleared her throat from the front of the classroom, nodding towards a small container to her side.

"Now, I prepared dough for each of you ahead of time. Take the dough and fit it into your tart pan! Knead it to flatten it evenly within the pan."

Bee Sweet nodded, opening his container and gently spreading the dough within the pan. This wasn't too hard.... yet. Premade dough? He could handle that.

@Gl!tch~

Gl!tch~

She followed along, though found some trouble in her efforts. Her little hooves struggled to perfectly mimic Bee Sweet's form. She had to reach out so much farther to get to the edge of the pan. Hopefully...no one would mind if...

Bright Gallery flapped her wings and flew up some to grant better purchase. As she reached, tongue sticking out a little in effort, the pan wobbled, and she gasped and caught it before it could fall. It still clanged a little on the table, though. Hopefully no one would notice...

@Nym

Nym

Bee Sweet glanced around the classroom as he kneaded his crust, curiously checking everyone was doing the same thing as him. Bright Gallery so happened to be in his line of sight when she almost dropped the pan, causing a soft gasp from Bee. Oh no! While he wasn't the best at what they were doing he certainly wasn't the worst at it -- he could lend a hoof to help, right?

"Hey," he whispered towards her, careful not to startle. He had seen her before and remembered how shy she had seemed, not keen on adding to her nerves. "Do you need help? With anything?"

@Gl!tch~

Gl!tch~

Oh no, the student she chose to copy had noticed what she was doing! That was always the beginning of the end for a contestant on Pace's cooking shows!

"Um, I mean, well..." Bright Gallery was small and out-of-sorts. If she didn't ask for help, she probably would keep having trouble. And then the instructor might notice. That could get really, really embarrassing. And Mended Memories wasn't here to cling to, either.

With few options at hoof, and already falling behind... Well...

"I might..." But where would she even start? Being scared of screwing up? Struggling from being small, even though their instructor was also a flutter phony? Could her little babby brain even put it all into words?!

"It's...a lot..." was all she could say.

Quote from: Nym