News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

MMitT Exit Interviews - SOLO RP

Started by Ph0ny, June 03, 2021, 10:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ph0ny

. MMitT EXIT INTERVIEWS .

Losing is an inevitable part of life (except for one babby here, obviously). Let your babby learn from their life experiences in a humbling exit interview if you'd like!
This prompt is completely optional, just like the Locker Room ORP.

If your babby doesn't go all the way, you are welcome to write a solo of their exit interview in this thread!
Should the exit interview hit or exceed 350 words and be geared towards learning/having learnt an Element of Harmony (or even a Purpose in Life?!), they can use it as an RP req!

If your babby already has all their reqs, you can post an exit interview of a reasonable length (i.e. more than a sentence, please).
All babbies who have reasonably written exit interviews will get a small Phonywear participation medal on their babby selves as a reward for not having blown off the media in a babby rage!

Please make sure you don't Godmode/imply specific feelings or actions of your babby opponent, nor assume that there was more to the tournament than stated (e.g. the prizes, sign-up process etc). We're sure your babby can tell us plenty about themselves and their Big Feelings!

MMitT participants have up to 4th July 2021, 11.59pm EST to submit your exit interview.

:: Questions from the Press
1. That must have been a really difficult battle, you must be gutted. How are you feeling right now?
2. Tell us about the most memorable moment from your tournament.
3. Talk about your rival(s): what left a deep impression on you? Is there anything you'd like to tell them?
4. Where do you go from here: what's in store for your fighting career? Where do you see yourself in the future?
5. What are you most looking forward to now that your tournament is over? A nice, hot bath? A consolatory dinner?
Free-talk

Yasha

After his defeat, Rorschach is found by the press and he decides to go along with it. He nods along as the interviewer asks their questions. "Yeah, yeah, that was rough. F-Stop just seemed to topple over and knocked me out of the ring, huh.... Well nonetheless, he is a formidable foe. Good luck to anyone that has to face off against him." Rorschach let out a deep sigh. "Honestly? I am feeling a little relieved. There were some scary looking competitors in the locker room. We are in for some good fights this evening."

He thought of his answer to the next question. "Memorable... Hmm... Perhaps the part when I realized I wasn't invisible... I guess my mom was just playing along when she saw the rolls floating around in the kitchen." The unicorn colt gave a chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head.

"F-Stop? Oh, well I suppose that didn't go the way either of us planned. But I am proud to have taken him on and I will be glad to call him a friend after all of this. I'm rooting for him. Good luck buddy!" He turned to look into the camera and gave a wave hoping his new pal would feel inspired by the gesture.

"Well I think I am going to go ahead and announce my retirement. I am just not cut out for wrestling." He smiled and gave a shrug. "Are you sure this will continue to be a thing?? I feel like it may not be entirely legal...." He thought back to the way everyone was blind folded and brought here. "I hope to take a more passive role here in Phonyland. I'd like to continue my studies in psychology and learn about phonykind."

"Now that my evening is free... I think I will watch the rest of the fight from the comfort of the stands. I smell the concession stand popcorn now. I think that would be a great consolation prize. Thank you so much for having me today." The tiny tike gave a big smile and went to stand in line. Hopefully he could be sitting down by the time the next fight began.

Fealine

(posting for the medal, Aegis has all her rps <3)

Aegis couldn't BELIEVE she had lost... to her sister of all foals! Oh that unicorn was going to ge----

"What? How am I feeling right now? I'm P I S S E D! Why if Requiem think's were going to peacefully share the same room back home..." the filly blinked before she was surrounded by even more press. What was even going on? Who were all these phonies and people? Taken by surprise, she could only stumble backwards, her cheeks a touch red now. There were so many questions and she was still heated after that battle. It didn't help her dad was screaming for them both from the crowed and.... oh... Oathkeeper was there too.

Sighing, Aegis shook her head. "I guess just being here is something to remember. MAN did it feel good to throw some punches though." she snorted, looking proud of herself for having seeded so high. At least Req had to start from the bottom. That just proved that Aegis already had what it takes and her sister just got lucky!

"And yeah, I got one thing to say to my Rival. CRUSH THE SKULLS OF THOSE OTHER FOALS TOO!!! I'M WATCHING YOU." she screamed towards the locker room, sticking her tongue out at the door. She'd be sitting on the wrong side of the ring for the rest of this thunderdome but that didn't mean she wasn't still 100%, body and soul still into this. If her sister didn't take home the whole shibang she was going to fly back into that ring and go berserk on whoever dared pummel her sister! Only SHE was allowed to beat up that unicorn!

"As for me, this has just determined that I am meant to be somewhere beating up on someone. Except, Id rather be paid for it. From here, I'm going to increase my training. Which speaking of, my trainer is in the crowd so I gotta go." she said, excusing herself with a flick of her wings and flitted off through the feet of those who had gathered around her. Hopefully losing to a sibling would mean Oathkeeper wouldn't be too upset at her and they could agree on a plan to increase her training ten fold.

elvyralani

Peach was a bit disappointed she wasn't able to participate anymore but was more than happy to answer a few questions. "A bit upset and I wish I could have gone further, I really have a lot to show and you'd think all that roller derby would have helped! But it was a great experience and I learned a lot, both about myself and the sport."  She really did want to try out a few more moves but well, those will wait for another time.

"Really? I think walking out to the arena with all of the cheering was amazing, really pumps you up! Yeah, the entire atmosphere from the crowd, yelling, things being thrown around, love it all." Hearing the cheers, all the lights, she lived for that. "Necroprancer was a great opponent, I think she had the upper have having the earlier match, I'd love a rematch. That move that took me out, love to learn that from her for sure." It was honestly impressive and she needed to know it, could help with other hobbies. She grinned a bit, "Her horn left a bit of an impression too." Just a little joke for flavor, get the crowd chuckling if she could. "But really, thanks Necroprancer we had a great match and you were a great opponent to go out against."

"I think I'm done here for now, I mean fighting this way. I am learning roller derby on the side so back to that and working part time at a cafe so back to those I guess."

She thought longer on this last question. "I want to stay and watch. I really love the atmosphere and maybe they need some help? Really would love to do whatever they need me todo to learn what I can about how this stuff runs, it's really fascinating." When she really thought about it, it was like the roller derby just with out the skates. The skates she loved, paired with her wings she'd go so fast! That's what she was missing here, yeah it had the action and the crowd and the attention but the skates was what she really missed. "Probably going to lace up my skates once they are fixed and take a nice long skate around a think, you know?" Cause really that's what she really wants to do, skate.

Ruriska

Bushido had done her best but ultimately failed. She sighed heavily, her shoulders slumped in defeat as she took the post-match interview.

"Dishonoured," she answered with a shake of her head. "My opponent fought well but I was unable to avenge my master and destroy the forces of evil that run this wrestling ring." She was still very much in character with the hopes of someday making a comeback.

"I admire their skill! I hope that now that they have defeated me they will go on to beat the other competition." She couldn't hold too much of a grudge against the pretty ballerina, anyone that fierce deserved her respect.

"I shall now retreat to the mountains for training and hope that one day I can return to complete my mission. Vengeance never dies!" She declared with great dramatic flair. Her life was usually so structured and this had really shown her how to let loose and have fun, to try something new and exciting every so often.

Her act dropped away, a little smile appearing and her eyes going wide with delight. "Mama promised we'd all go out for dinner to korean bbq! Oh - wait," she narrowed her eyes and strengthened her stance. "I am looking forward to returning to the shadows to await my return."

The loss still stung but Bushido was pragmatic and knew how to pick herself up again. Losing was part of life. It was her alter-ego Shinobi that would never live it down.

"Thank you for your time. I'm going to go find my family and get ready to watch the last fights. Goodbye!"

Erina_Nobara

Spring Fling-Honesty Element Interview

Spring looked sad, and tired. That was a lot harder than he thought it'd be! He sighed, ears drooping as he left the stadium. As he walked he noticed an interviewer usher him over. He sniffled a little, but came over to talk. He'd answer his questions of course. It was the polite thing to do!

"Right now, truthfully, I feel kinda sad. The REAL Danstallion wouldn't have lost like that..." he mumbled, biting his lip. Oh! Whoops! He was supposed to stay in character! He looked a little panicked, about dropping his act, and fumbled for his next words.

"Erm, the most memorable moment, was first walking out there! The tingle of electricity in the air! It was really uh...ex-exhiler-exhilerating! But I guess it was kind of short lived." He sighed again. He was having a hard time staying confident, dark, and mysterious, like his tv hero. "Umm but my opponent was very skilled! And since they beat me, they better go all the way and win! That is my message to them." He gave a firm nod. This he truly believed.

He paused. "In the future?" He hadn't really thought that far ahead. Truthfully he had entered the contest because he thought there was prize money. He wanted to share it with his new friends and buy lots of Danstallion and Valhollow merch. "Err I don't think I'd fight again! ..unless I had to that is...." His shoulders slumped. "Fighting isn't really all it's cracked up to be ya know? It hurts, and losing stinks." He was now being totally honest, even if it meant not being 'Danstallion'. "I really don't recommend it. Leave it to the experts!"

"And when I get home, the first thing I'm going to do is....." He gave a big tired yawn. "Sleep!"

The interviewer nodded. It seemed they were done.

But apparently Spring had one more thing to say. "And I'm sorry mom and dad! I won't take on a  secret identity, and lie about where I'm going to  join a secret underground baby fighting ring, in hopes of getting money to buy merch! I learned my lesson. I'll do my chores and get an allowance like I'm supposed to!" Phew, he felt a lot better after getting that off his chest. It felt good to be honest. With a big smile, he darted off to go home and take a nap.
Hello everyone~!!!

Astraea

Requiem sat in front of the press, breathing heavily. Her body and hair were coated in sweat, which was lucky, because it would disguise her tears of absolute frustration. After all, corpses do not cry. Her body paint was smudged and running, her hair fell limply in her face. She wanted to be so tired, so done with this. But she had to do this. Remember, she told herself, don't break character.

"How am I feeling..." her voice was horse from all the battle screams. "I'm..disappointed. I came so far, from the very bottom of my grave to reach up to be redeemed and at the last moment, the hope of having my vengeance completed was snatched from my little hooves. One way or another, it was going to be over, but this wasn't the ending I wanted.

"Memorable moment? All of them." her voice dropped a little, becoming slightly cold. "No one believed in me. No one thought I could come this far. So every victory, every foot out of the dirt hole I'd been dropped into was memorable. I will cherish the looks of amazement and dread as I cut them down like the weeds they were."

"Feh. I had no rivals." She glanced at her sister in the crowd and smirked. "No.rivals.at.all." She laughed triumphantly, enjoying needling her sibling from her higher vantage point. She may have lost but she was better then Aegis and she knew that was going to get under the other filly's skin.

"The future huh." She cocked her head, some of her wet mane falling out from her face and showing off one slightly puffy golden eye. "I learned a lot. I need to learn to fight dirtier." she paused for a chuckle from the crowd. "I don't know if I will be fighting again. In fact, I sort of kind of got attached to being a necromancer. Who knows...I am a unicorn after all...maybe I will learn more lessons from this other then the punching and kicking kinds."

"I cannot wait to take a long, hot bath. I am sore to my bones." she groaned at the final question.

Requiem sighed. "It was over faster then I was prepared for. I fought so hard and in the end..." Her voice caught in her throat and tears threatened to betray her held back anguish. She didn't want anyone to know how bitterly angry and disappointed she was. She shook her head, tears mixing with sweat.

"That's it." She snipped and turned from the cameras and mics.

_This will be for Honesty_

Nym

Bee Sweet felt alien among the crowd. He was sore, lonely, and bamboozled, leaving the large colt to stick to himself around the edges. The exit interview couldn't be avoided, however, and he relented as they dove upon him.

"I knew I'd lose." He swept damp hair from his forehead, sighing softly. "But it was fun. I guess."

Fun, terrifying, and a little bit of nerve-wracking. If he felt this crummy over something he hadn't meant to even enter.... how did the others feel? They had actually come with intent -- being crushed when you had prepared to win probably felt ten times worse than how he felt!

"Seeing my brother here. He seemed like he knew what this was about, but seeing him lose... I feel bad for him." The second question left a bad taste in his mouth as he remembered his brothers loss.

"Uh- Honestly, I should have talked to them. I tried to talk to someone and they pretty much didn't want anything to do with me." And then she absolutely whooped him. "I'd say relax, maybe. But that's hypocritical."

Bee Sweet laughed loudly at the next question, head shaking. "Oh no- that's it! No way am I doing that again. I'll just focus on school and... double-check what I'm entering next time."

His head tilted side to side, a thoughtful hum leaving him. "I just want to go to bed, really."

As his interview ended he turned to eyeball the other losers. Yeah, it didn't feel good, but the grim faces on some were enough to pull the sweet colt forward. Some people felt worse than he did. He'd try to talk to most of them; offer some kind words and reassurance where he could. Except... maybe not the filly who clearly wanted nothing to do with him... although if he had an extra snack he might offer it to her. He offered a faint wave to the cameras, slinking off into the crowd and disappearing.

[for Kindness!]

Byagane319

(going for Element of Honesty)

Checkmate had to admit to himself, he felt let down.  He hadn't even lasted the first round!  And he'd been defeated in front of his brother and his rather....loud....cousin up in the stands.  He wanted to think of himself as quick witted and tactfully superior.   He was larger than most other phoals so that should make him stronger.  But apparently his wit didn't apply to physical fights, he did better in the war on the chessboard.  Soon he was surrounded by media, questioning him.  Well, if nothing else, his parents taught him to hold his head high even when things were down.

"I do feel a sense of loss.  I thought coming to the ring would win back my honor, my pride.  But then again it was my pride talking," he sighed, "Perhaps this is a lesson for me.  I still have much to learn so I will take what lessons this teaches me.  Unfortunately this lesson comes with a sore rump.  I need to be more honest with myself about my abilities and maybe, in the future, I'll find the best path forward."

He chuckled a bit, "Well considering I only had one fight I suppose that was memorable.  She was quite the fighter and I feel honored to have fought against her.  But it was nice to see my brother do so well as far as he went.  At least if our cousin's shouts were any indication."

Checkmate thought back to the black carousel filly.  She was quite lovely and held a mystery about her.  But it was a dark aura around her, his father spoke about his mother's family being a bit more rough.
"She had a great spirit and fire in her eyes.  I imagine she would be formidable in life as well as in the ring."

"Ah my fighting career seems to not be in the physical sense. I'm more a phony of the mind, where my battles are far more....successful," he cleared his throat, "But I did have fun and would enjoy another bought.  Father says keeping fit is important!"

He shook his mane at the last question and took a deep breath, "I think I want to go home to my family.  I miss them and hope, even though I lost, I still make them proud.  I know I am proud of my brother so I only hope we share in that."

With that he put a hoof around his brother's shoulders and smiled, "Come on Bee, lets go home.  I'll make us some hot chocolate before we go to bed."

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

(OOC: For Laughter!)
She had been absolutely crestfallen and near tears when she got trounced mightily.  Live was bracing herself for it and even then she was surprised when it happened.  She knew all along she wasn't going to make it - but it stung anyway.  People could have easily mistaken her tears for sweat, mascara was running all down her little cheeks.  Her ears pricked up when she saw the sudden swarm of mediaphony with mics and cameras.

Live ran for her purse to grab a compact, she wasn't going live on camera without freshening up!  And that's when she saw it...

Her face looked a wreck!  Could you see it under her velvet pelt, her face was growing pale and cold at first.  Then something just as unexpected fell all around her.  Tears fell from her face in streams once again, her face fixed to the tiny mirror of her compact.

"How do I FEEL!?" her little shoulders shook.  "I feel stupid!"  She wasn't bawling this time, she was laughing.  Huge waves of laughter came out, she looked like a rodeo clown.

She had to stop to catch her breath.  "You know, I think I was taking this way too seriously.  I knew I was going to get utterly smashed, I think I may have even gotten some bruises but it was honestly over so quickly I didn't have time to even panic!  How could I have a memorable moment when it was all over so quickly?"

Live started pulling the stick-on sequins out of her hair and her face.  "Kudos to whoever made this body art kit, by the way, the adhesive worked sensationally. And as far as RIVALS go, I don't consider any of them my rival!  In fact, I bet about all of them were just as flabbergasted at the whole thing as I was!  I didn't really speak to anyone except Hellion and I never got any rival vibes off of them, either."

She sat down and started digging through her purse for her makeup remover and a washcloth.  Pouring the liquid into her cloth, she started rubbing her makeup off as she went on.

"I don't want a fighting career," she shrugged, still laughing off and on.  "I mean, I'd sign up again if it were offered.  I'd like to at least make it past a single round!  If there were lessons in wrestling in the future, I'd take them.  I can't believe how fast I went down.  Like a sack of sad raisins!"

Live sighed as the laughs ran dry again and put things back in her purse.  "It'll be boring business as usual," she replied.  "A hot bath in the tub, no one to even commiserate with, bed, and then another dull day, week... month... year..."

thy

The flash of cameras and shouted questions took Mech by surprise. He'd known the tournament was open to the public, technically, but he hadn't thought that meant it was newsworthy.

Honestly, he'd thought it would be a lot less intense than it had ended up being. Everyone was kicking each other for realsies! And that meant Mech, too. So, mind still on the tournament himself, he answered his first question as if on auto-pilot. "I mean - I didn't think I'd really - um, everything so far has been such a big surprise to me." Except that was Mech's answer, not Kid Engineer's. "I read up about kayfabe beforehand, and, and - it was all real out there, ya know?"

He shook his head, letting the press move on to the next question, about memorable moments. "Um...I'd kind of figured I wasn't seeded because I'm, well, a nerd." Mech looked down at his body, costume mostly bits of cardboard taped into place. "So I was really proud of myself to have even reached the semifinals - that was when I really thought, wow! I might really get to drive a - I mean, drive my car again! That, or, well - stumbling out into the lights in the first round." He grinned. "I'm really honored so many folks came out to see us, even if some of us are novices." He was coming into his own, now. It was easier, Mech realized, to stay in character, when the character he picked was part Mech, too. "Next?"

"Oh, yeah, rivals..." Mech trailed off, looking back toward the ring. "I may have been foiled today, but even if things didn't go as I'd planned, this isn't even really my final form. I'd like to see them face off against me across the game board."

Of course, by now he wasn't even really speaking as Kid Engineer at all. He'd enjoyed coming out and seeing other kids his age, but even though it came with the fun of playing a character, like he'd always done in tabletop games, he hadn't really gotten the chance to talk to anyone for real, like he would've at a table. "I think that may be next for me, actually," he said, taking the opportunity to segue into the answer for a newly-shouted question. "Don't get me wrong - I'm always going to want to get my hooves on a shiny new ride. But I did well enough here, and I sure as heck am gonna do better in my element."

"Honestly? Today may be done, but it's not the end for me. I feel inspired now! I'm gonna get home and draw up a blueprint for getting my car the right way." And that way, Mech decided, was by being honest with himself.

[ using this for honesty ; o ; ]

Scaramouche Fandango

Third Impact, though her eyes were hot, was surprised that she hadn't actually cried. To get eliminated in the first round? Embarrassing. But if she thought back on it and really looked at what had happened, she could learn a LOT from the battle– so long as she didn't try to make excuses. She needed to be open and honest with herself and with the interviewers, or else she'd come off as a sore loser. She might be sore, and she might be a loser, but she wasn't a sore loser.

1. That must have been a really difficult battle, you must be gutted. How are you feeling right now?
"I'm pretty sad, honestly. I was hoping to get in at least two rounds. It's not that I wanted to hurt people, I just wanted a chance to show how strong I am. But strength doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't have the training to back it up, and... I guess that's what I need. And what I feel most. Determined to get it. The training, I mean.

"Ok, so even though I TOTALLY ate it, I really do think that I was able to show off a couple of the things I know. When I got tossed, I think my banked-wing recovery was pretty good. But you can't really fight if you're only defending- sometimes the best defense is a good offense. So that's another thing I'm kind of disappointed in- that I wasn't able to use the techniques I've read about. I wasn't able to actualize the abstract, or whatever, and I think that really made me a weaker competitor than I thought I'd be at the start.

3. Talk about your rival(s): what left a deep impression on you? Is there anything you'd like to tell them?
"Everyone here seems pretty awesome. I liked the names everyone came up with. I think they were really telling- like, when you design a persona, you put elements of yoursel fin there that you have to be... kinda careful about sometimes. You don't want to give too much away, but at the same time you need to make your mark. It's a fine balance between telling TOO much about yourself and being dishonest about who you are. Also, if anybody wants to spar, let me know, I'm sure my dad won't care if we use his basement for a practice thunderdome."

4. Where do you go from here: what's in store for your fighting career? Where do you see yourself in the future?
"This definitely didn't put a stop to my dreams- if anything, it straight up reinforced them. So what if I got my butt kicked in the Thunderdome? That's just going to push me to train harder, work better, fly faster, and just be stronger. And... maybe not take myself so seriously. I mean it. I just got trashed in a questionably legal child fight. If I can't beat up a bunch of kids, how am I supposed to protect the city?" She pauses a moment. "That... didn't come out right.

5. What are you most looking forward to now that your tournament is over? A nice, hot bath? A consolatory dinner?
"Oh, I'll be training some more. Hopefully I can show my dad how much I actually NEED to learn offense, not just defense. And also maybe I'll pretend to be really sad so that he buys me cotton candy. Or... huh. I should probably just ask for some cotton candy. If I learned anything it's that you have to really understand yourself, and you can't do that with dishonesty. I'm disappointed, but not so much that it's gonna stop me from doing what I love!"

(Honesty get!)

FrostyPeaches

- - MMitT EXIT INTERVIEW -- This is for his Loyalty element

So he had lost. The little mer babby was upset and mad at first that he lost against a land phony. but later he realised that he may have been at a disadvantage being on land and not in his comfort watery zone. His fight with the purple four legged babby went by so fast that he could only reply it in his mind over and over. I should have done a different tactic, he thought to himself as he drank some water on his way to the locker room. The ringing in his ears from the crowd cheering and the blinding lights never once left his mind. He liked the spotlight but fighting was however not his thing.

A small tear clung onto the edge of his eye but he brushed it off.  He smoothed out his hair and put on a smile. He can't look sad if there was an interview waiting for him behind these solid doors.

Pushing it open. he was all ready to answer all the questions.

"Let me tell you. That was such a tough battle and the opponent was really good! Right now? Now I am feeling supportive of whomever will win. You won't know what it is like until you are on that stage!"

"The lights and cheers from the crowd and the opponent. she was so purple and so fast! I can still feel the painful kick she gave me!"

"She was fast. Faster than a fish in the water! If i could tell her one thing it's DO YOUR BEST"

"Nah fighting is not really my thing, I realised. I am all about wanting to save phonies from drowning. You know?"

"I am looking forward to watching the rest of the matches. This tournament is full of great contenders!" He smiled at the press and posed in case a photo of him was going to be posted in the newspaper column.

After the press left, he went back out to the stage and took a seat beside a rowdy crowd. He knew he did his best but after the winner been announced, he knew he wouldn't tell a single soul where he went. If this pops up again in the future, he would totally sign up again despite himself being a bad fighter in the ring. He took a pledge to not tell to the security guards in case this event gets permanently banned.
so sleepyyy ;-;

Ph0ny

Thanks for all your heart-rending and genuine exit interviews! All your babbies have received their Maxx Madness in the Thunderdome participation medals.

@Yasha

@Fealine

@elvyralani

@Ruriska

@Erina_Nobara

@Astraea

@Nym

@Byagane319

@Syrcaid

@thy

@Scaramouche Fandango

@FrostyPeaches