News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[ORP] Singles Mixer - Looking for a Kiss From A Rose! (MATCH-UPS POSTED)

Started by HopelesslyPretty, February 21, 2022, 08:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopelesslyPretty

A Lunar New Year ushers in New Beginnings for Phonyland! It's an exciting time of year to welcome good fortune and love into everyphony's lives~ Some way or another your phony finds themselves following the scent of roses - a fragrance filled with both desire and passion. They make their way into a beautiful rose garden that's decorated with gorgeous red lanterns and silky curtains, and even sublime velvet furniture for relaxing and socializing. There are some candlelit tables arranged in a circle with numbered cards tucked into the floral centerpiece (Table #1, #2, #3, etc.) but each table is set intimately for two. In the center of the garden you notice a familiar looking bartender sitting on a comfortable looking chaise lounge... with a large basket of fortune cookies next to him. He beckons you over with a suggestive wink and explains the situation to you.

"Looking for love, huh? You found yourself in the right place. My name is Fruit Punch and I'm here to guide you through a wonderful dating experience but you'll need to follow my instructions. Round One, you'll write your name on the Sign Up sheet and grab a cookie - just sit tight and hang out while I get the guestlist together. Once the Sign In is completed, we'll start the next round. In Round Two you'll open your cookie to get a number and a unique fortune. You'll sit at the table that matches the number you've drawn. Once everyone is paired up we'll start Round Three. Sounds great, right? Let's get started."

-Round One - Signups: will be from Monday, 02/21/22, @ 7:00 PM CST to Sunday, 02/27/22, 7:00 PM CST
-Round Two - Matchups: will begin on Sunday, 02/27/22, @ 7:05 PM CST - Hope will roll for which phony will go to which table (via rolling in the forum - this is intended for a randomized dating experience).
-Round Three - Dating: will begin on Monday, 02/28/22, @ 7:00 PM CST - Matchups will be posted for the assigned couples to interact! Use those fortunes (created by each user for their phony) as conversation starters during the date!

*Note: If there are an odd number of guests signed up, Fruit Punch will be their date for the evening!

READY TO MINGLE!
[size=20pt][color=red][b]READY TO MINGLE![/b][/color][/size]
[insert text here]

Guest List
1. Small World
2. Shimmering Sea
3. Blue Suede Horseshoes
4. Country Kitchen
5. Splash Landing
6. Hemlock
7. Tick Tock Tack
8. Seasons Change
9. Paws Button

Ruriska

READY TO MINGLE!
[imgleft]http://mylittlephony.citycyb.org/phony/smallworld.png[/imgleft]The decor was tacky and overdone and the roses stunk so pungently, Small World was certain he'd never get the smell out of his nose. In fact, he had half a mind to just turn around and stomp back out the door right this moment.

But he'd put in so much effort to be here, ironed his shirt and brushed his mane, and he wasn't going to let it all go to waste.

In a rare turn of events, instead of sitting at home rearranging his various collections for the umpteenth time, he had decided to take a chance. On love? Maybe. Guys like him didn't really get happy endings or true love scenarios. Besides, he was far too dedicated to his job to have time for that sort of nonsense.

Except, just maybe...

"Hmph," he huffed at the overly handsome host who explained the rules. Too flashy. And that wink! Ridiculous! He looked like an Angry Soup Bowl's rider.

Small World took his fortune cookie and stomped away.

He was the first one here which was disappointing because he had been punctual, which meant anyone who came after him wasn't as punctual as he was. That meant they were incompatible already. Ugh. He hated tardiness.

HopelesslyPretty

READY TO MINGLE!
[imgleft]http://mylittlephony.citycyb.org/phony/shimmeringsea.png[/imgleft]It wasn't too surprising to find Shimmer in an unexpected place. Often lost in her own thoughts and taking things one step at a time was a pleasant and open-minded way for her to explore and try something new. When she'd caught the smell of roses drifting on the wind she'd followed it without hesitation.

Finding herself in the rose garden, she was greeted by the bartender she recognized from Cloud 9. When he gave her instructions she nodded with a hum of excitement and grabbed a fortune cookie. She felt lucky to have stumbled on another dating event where she could meet other phony she might not normally encounter - it seemed like she was the second guest to arrive so far.

Byagane319

READY TO MINGLE!
After checking his hair for the 20th time Blue finally made his way toward the address on the flyer.  The rockabilly singer had just finished a series of concerts and, despite his adoring fans, he'd been feeling rather lonely.  He needed a sweet little Mama or maybe a handsome Big Daddy at his side, someone he didn't have to be perfect for.  Someone that didn't mind his occasional strumming on his guitar or the music paper spread around on the couch.  Music was in his soul, much like Daddy Draft, but he still wanted someone to fill his heart.

Once arrived he smiled at the multicolored stallion as he was instructed on the rules of the evening.  "Well alright Big Daddy.  I think I can handle that," he said with a deeper tone and a slight accent.  He took a cookie and moved to the side so others might get their own.  He saw he wasn't the first to arrive and smiled, wondering how this would go.

READY TO MINGLE!
Kit took a big breath as he stood outside the bar.  He checked once again that he didn't have flour or grease stains on his coat.  He wanted to look his best but he was so nervous!  The large stallion with painted brown marks was still looking for that little lady in his life.  He'd tried a few times but nothing seemed to stick to his ribs.  Finally getting his courage up he entered the bar, seeing he wasn't the only one here.  In fact he saw one of his cousins, Blue!  A thought crossed his head.....how many of his relatives would be here?  That....might prove an issue.  As he approached the colorful stallion handing out strange little cookies and explaining the rules he thought it best to mention.  "Um...well I'm understandin all that an' such but uh....I come from....a large family.  And I'm a might worried that I might be paired with a cousin.  I kinda have a lot of'em.  Just....throwin that out there," he said with an awkward smile.  Why did he have to be part of one of the biggest family trees in phonyland?

READY TO MINGLE!
Splash lazily floated his way toward the bar, a flyer stuck in his hat.  The park was closed for maintenance today so he thought he'd make the best of it and maybe try out this dating thing.  He'd not been on a date in awhile, given someone invariably suggested they go to the theme park he worked at.  He's laid back attitude also didn't help in the flirting department.  He approached Fruit Punch, smiling with an almost sleepy expression, "Duuuude, that makes like total sense.  Like, I am so down for that." He reached up into his hat and pulled a "Free Log Flume Ride" ticket from it.  "Here dude, for making this thing a thing ya know."  With that he took his cookie and floated off, noting the other mer that seemed to be here.

Bebe's little sweetheart

Nym

READY TO MINGLE!
Hemlock hadn't wanted to come, honestly. No, really, he didn't. Romance wasn't the thing often on his mind -- he had a loving sibling relationship, an amazing cat, and a new budding friendship; basically everything one needed to feel content socially. Well, at least for someone like him, who thrived entirely on plant care and his work.

But, Hemlock had felt that urge again; that feeling that his life could be better if he tried, for once, to step out of his shell. He had done so in befriending Shimmering Sea, after all, and that friendship was... interesting. In a good way, though! He hadn't ever considered a friendship would make him feel so cozy during their meetings, and now Hemlock wondered what else he had locked himself from due to his solitary lifestyle. That, and Fruit Punch was a newly developing friendship as well. If he was hosting then Hemlock wanted to do the supposed friend thing of supporting him.

So, there he was, having just entered and fussed with a flower until it rested just right in his hair. Man, he hadn't expected to be so nervous!

TygressDream

READY TO MINGLE!

[imgleft]https://mylittlephony.citycyb.org/phony/ticktocktack.png[/imgleft]  Tick Tock Tack, the phony known as Tia or Miss Tia to her friends and family, locked the door of her shop on her way to visit with a friend when she caught the scent of roses.  She peered around wondering if someone had passed by with a fresh bouquet, but there was no one nearby and no roses other than the usual plantings on the street. Now she was curious and decided to follow her nose, completely forgetting her planned meeting.  When she found herself entering the rose garden that was clearly decorated for an event she was ready to apologize and excuse herself when she noticed Fruit Punch inviting her over.  As the event was explained she thought it sounded like fun and certainly a bit more interesting than her plans for the afternoon.  "Oh dear, I was going to be meeting a friend!" She turned around to discover that her friend had also found her way to the garden.

READY TO MINGLE!

[imgleft]https://mylittlephony.citycyb.org/phony/seasonschange.png[/imgleft]  Seasons Change had turned down the street heading toward Tick Tock Tack's shop in time to see her friend wandering away.  She was about to call out wondering what was going when she too caught the scent of roses.  Knowing her friend's love of flowers the first part of the mystery was solved.  Rather than distracting Tia with a shout, Seasons followed along.  She hung back as they approached the garden, "Where did...." she started to ask before shaking her head.  It was Phonyland "magic" just sort of happened sometimes.  This was certainly not the most random thing to occur around here.  She was just within hearing distance as Fruit Punch explained to Tia  and was pleased when the other phony exclaimed her forgetfulness and turned . . .
"I'm glad the spell of the roses has broken enough for you to remember," she laughed. "So is this how we're going to spend our day now?" She walked up to center and turned her smile to Fruit Punch.  She was signing up before Tia even had a chance to reply. 

"Well doesn't look like you're going to give me a choice now," Tia replied moving to sign up herself as Seasons grabbed her fortune cookie.  Once they each had their cookie the two wandered admiring the decorations and grinning at other arrivals as they waited for the matches to be made and the fun to begin.

cursedwanderer

READY TO MINGLE!
Paws Button was enjoying the festivities on her own.  The sights!  The smells!  The colors!  It was all so cute and enticing! She had wandered down the streets, popping into different stalls, sampling different foods, and just plain old enjoying herself.  It wasn't hard to get lost in the crowd and colors. 

Soon the mare found herself trotting into a fragrant garden, lit by lanterns as what she assumed was part of the event.  A handsome stallion lounged before her and a flicker of recognition flashed in her mind.
Hadn't he been hosting a mixer or something before?  The mare pursed her lips.  She was awfully lonely when her sister wasn't around, but her last attempt at a mixer hadn't gone so well. 

Ever the optimist, Paws shrugged off the bad thoughts and signed herself up.  Even if the night didn't lead to romance, at least she would get a tasty snack out of it!
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

HopelesslyPretty

*Bookmarking for Sign-Ups Being Closed*

Hope will insert a brief rp post here - Fruit Punch will announce all guests to open their fortune cookies.

Matches will be based on rolls to determine who is sitting at each table! *test roll here*
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 98, total 98[/blockquote]

HopelesslyPretty

As we have an odd number of guests, Fruit Punch will be the date of the final remaining single phony. Let's see if we have a match for Table #1! The FIRST two phony to match the same rolled number will be assigned to this table.

[blockquote]Rolled 9d9 : 1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 8, 7, 9, total 34[/blockquote]

1. Small World
2. Shimmering Sea
3. Blue Suede Horseshoes
4. Country Kitchen
5. Splash Landing
6. Hemlock
7. Tick Tock Tack
8. Seasons Change
9. Paws Button

HopelesslyPretty

Let's see if we have a match for Table #2! The FIRST two phony to match the same rolled number will be assigned to this table.

[blockquote]Rolled 7d7 : 5, 2, 4, 5, 1, 6, 4, total 27[/blockquote]

1. Blue Suede Horseshoes
2. Country Kitchen
3. Splash Landing
4. Hemlock
5. Tick Tock Tack
6. Seasons Change
7. Paws Button

Table #1. Small World & Shimmering Sea

HopelesslyPretty

Let's see if we have a match for Table #3! The FIRST two phony to match the same rolled number will be assigned to this table.

[blockquote]Rolled 5d5 : 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, total 11[/blockquote]

1. Country Kitchen
2. Splash Landing
3. Hemlock
4. Seasons Change
5. Paws Button

Table #2. Blue Suede Horseshoes & Tick Tock Tack

HopelesslyPretty

Let's see if we have a match for Table #4! The FIRST two phony to match the same rolled number will be assigned to this table.

[blockquote]Rolled 3d3 : 2, 3, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

1. Splash Landing
2. Seasons Change
3. Paws Button

Table #3. Country Kitchen & Hemlock
*due to both Country Kitchen and Splash Landing having the same owner, the second phony chosen for the Table #3 match up is the NEXT matching guest*

HopelesslyPretty

The seating order for the night is as follows!

Table #3. Country Kitchen & Hemlock
Table #4. Splash Landing & Paws Buttons
Table #5. Seasons Change & Fruit Punch

*Bookmarking for Matchup Rolling - Complete*

Hope will put a post here for Fruit Punch[/b] to seat each pair at their numbered table. Each phony can begin rping with their partner for the evening! The unique fortune (user created for each phony) can be used as a conversation starter, if you desire.

(My food just arrived so I'm going to eat dinner and then make my tags for FP, FYI - Rp may start whenever their guests are ready!)