News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] Ballerina Dreams (Bijou Blende, Fool's Gold & Sugarplum Dance)

Started by Yasha, May 08, 2021, 11:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yasha

Bijou lifted her head from the desk, feeling groggy as she looked around. What time was it? She stared at the wall of clocks that all said 9:30am. She squinted confused for a moment. "But the store should be open already. Fink is always here early..." As the tired mare tried to piece together the morning she found a note on the desk calendar: Fink's day off! Don't forget!!!!

"Ohhhh..." She said, finally remembering that her employee asked for the day off weeks ago. "Whelp, better late than never. Let's get this store up and running." The sleepy mare went around the store turning on the various lights and jewelry cases. The store seemed to come to life. It glittered and gleamed with some of her latest creations.

Bijou would normally take whatever she was working on into the back room. She was pretty reclusive and preferred to work without disruptions. Fink was great at handling the front desk and the sales part of the job. She huffed at the empty store and decided that she might as well dive back into yesterday's project. She donned a large pair of magnifying glasses, looking only slightly ridiculous. She picked up a thin ring with a delicate art nouveau design and continued working on the inlay.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Fool's Gold forgot that having a child sometimes meant you had to go out. And do ridiculous things. And spend money you didn't want to, because they asked and actually they needed it and if they didn't have the exact right thing they would simply die, or some other such nonsense. Today, Mr. Gold was taking his child Sugarplum Dance to find a tiara for her newest recital, and she said everyone else would have something similar as part of their costumes. He was a little skeptical, but decided he could indulge this one thing for the small sparkling pegasus.

The shop was a quaint little jewelry shop, and he thought they could start their search there. Cautiously, he pressed the door open and paused inside the shop. The shining jewelry caught his eye and he almost forgot to speak. "Ah..." he started, then stopped again. There appeared to be a front desk worker deep in thought, and he knew that look. Maybe they were too early and he could leave? "Y-you're open n-now right?" he managed with only minimal stuttering.

The glittering filly at his side piped up. "I need a tiara! My recital is coming up and I have to look right. Do you have any?" Sugarplum was excited, it was her first time in such a pretty store. She bolted forward and pressed her nose against a glass case, looking at the sparkly jewelry within.

@Yasha

Yasha

The little bell over the door caught her attention as two potential clients walked in. Bijou lifted her head and flipped up her goggles to get a better view of them. An odd pair, but quite sparkly. She liked them. "Hello there, little one. A recital, huh... that is very exciting." She nodded along and sat down her current project. She hopped down from her chair to greet them properly. Welcome into Enchanted, custom jewelry and metalworks. My name is Bijou and I am the store owner." She offered formalities for the older looking one.

"Do I have any tiaras?" She smirked slightly as she adjusted her own. It glinted in the light. "I'd say they are a specialty of mine." The pegasus made her way over the the display case. It was filled with tiaras of various precious metals and gemstones. "I am happy to let you try on whatever you would like." She said smiling, the light in the young pegasus' eyes were a delight.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Sugarplum stared wide-eyed, practically glittering as much as her guardian's as she took in all the tiaras. This mare was a genius. There were so many! Sleek, shiny silver and glorious glittering gold ones, and all kinds of sparkle and shimmer. She could hardly decide what to pick first! Sugarplum vibrated with excitement, looking back to Mr. Gold.

Mr. Gold followed behind his young daughter, at a much slower pace. "P-P-Pleasure to meet y-you, M-Miss Bijou. I'm Mr. Gold," he said to Bijou, trying to steady his voice. He hated how much he trembled and shook. He wasn't good at talking to people. "My... w-ward. S-Sugarplum Dance. She is... a v-very talented d-d-dancer." Fondness softened his voice a little. Despite his reluctance at first, he had grown very attached to Sugarplum and all her eccentricities, as much as she had come to care for his.

"Which one is best?" Sugarplum asked Bijou, unable to choose at all. There were too many good choices. "Do you have a favorite? Which one is the newest?"

@Yasha

Yasha

Bijou looked to Mr. Gold studying his gem eyes. They glittered like everything else in this store. She was sure that the lighting was particularly flattering for them though.  She had not had the chance to meet a gem eyes phony before. A unique and rare trait. She said coming form a family of rather... unique individuals. Stitches, fangs, you name it! They we're an odd family. She she could appreciate the beauty in things that may of not been shown that kindness before. She had to bounce between the two, one was certainly more of a handful. So many questions. The pegasus had to think on it. "Hmm... each of those questions have a different answer."

Bijou took the time to place two tiaras before the tiny princess. "Here is one that I finished recently. It's a stunning rose gold. The gem in the middle is a soft emerald that reminds me of your eyes." She gestured from one crown to the other. "And this one is very similar to mine, its small and delicate. I think the silver, would glitter and glint just like your fur under the dramatic stage lights."

"Do you have a costume? Perhaps that would help narrow your search." She smiled softly.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Mr. Gold followed his daughter, nudging her to remind her to be polite. They were in public, and it wasn't right to badger others in their place of work too much. Sugarplum puffed her cheeks out and looked at the tiaras as Bijou showed them off. She oooh'd and aaah'd at all of them. "My costume is pink and gold," she said. Like the rose gold, with the emerald... it was beautiful! "And I'm playing one of the dancing princesses in the ballet," she added, in case that helped too.

"T-the silver one..." Mr. Gold started, "I-it's very lo-lovely." He was quiet a moment, then realized he was staring. Politely, he cleared his throat. "B-b-but I d-do suppose w-we should discuss... the erm, b-b-budget set..." He wouldn't deny his child the tiara, but some of these lovely pieces of fine craftswork was surely too much for a child, right? The other children and their parents at the ballet babbled on and on about this particular shop, and he couldn't deny the work was exquisite. His carefully discerning eye noted the smoothness of the metal and the delicate filigree. It reminded him a bit of Foundry's armor.

@Yasha