News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

MMitT Thunderdome Audience Talk ORP

Started by Ph0ny, June 04, 2021, 02:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ph0ny

The location stated on the flyer turns out to be a seedy backalley. Babby contenders, and spectators - whether Phony or human, are blindfolded by a suspicious Phony in a dark fedora and a trenchcoat, then prodded through a series of passages, until they're shoved to a stop. There is a sense of movement. An interminable wait.

Then there is more prodding and passages. When the blindfolds come off, the spectators will see - that the contenders are no longer with them - and the sizeable auditorium that lies before them. It is dark, but a single spotlight shines strong above, right onto the wrestling ring in the middle of the hall.

It is also strong enough for the spectators to pick out the scattering of the promotional posters is plastered on the walls, with one sole red banner fastened high, attempting to look festive, and the foldable chairs surrounding a barrier erected a respectful (safe) distance away from the ring.

One could call the layout cheap, but one could also call it rather efficient, given that not all the ungulates attending might want to sit on their hindquarters with their forelegs dangly - but of course, they are welcome to, and they are also welcome to clear two-legger chairs away and sit/stand around on all fours.

The chairs are steel.

Spectators might also be able to pick out that all entrances appear to be padlocked. You are here for the long run. There is a refreshment stand in the corner, with drinks and snacks at modestTM prices.

It appears most have accepted their fates. Some hold a cheap xerox of the tournament brackets, seeking a pen. Some sit waiting, munching on popcorn. There is a mix of humanoids and Phonies spectators alike, here to spectate the upcoming spectacle.

OOC: Phonies (and humanoids, aka you, a Phonyland visitor and Friend!) are welcome to RP in this ORP thread while the matches are going on!
Reactions and discussions ICly are all welcome. For OOC chatter, please use the General Discussion thread or our Discord.

Astraea

Royal Blossom sat at the very front ready for the event. Around her head was a headband with "ROGUE" written prominently across the front. At her sides were two signs on long poles. The sign on her left read ROGUE, the one on her right GALLERY. On the back of the signs, the word CHAMPION was split between them. Directly beneath the signs, several bells were tied up that jingled at the slightest movement. The sticks the signs were attached to are, in actuality, extremely long glow sticks that were already brightly shining green.

"LET'S GOOOOOOO!" Royal bellowed, her magic raising her two signs up and waved them vigorously, causing quite a ruckus.

"I cannot BUH-LEIVE you allowed your daughters to do this!!" Valkyrie hissed to her husband as they found a spot to sit. "What were you THINKING???" @cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

Reaper walked into the auditorium looking incredibly smug.  Of course his darling girls were going to enter and they were going to beat the snot out of these other foals.  The stallion was extremely proud of his children somewhat following in his footsteps.  When they'd asked for his permission in secret he'd happily agreed and done his best to give them some pointers, even convincing his oldest daughter, System Error, to join in on the coaching.

The carousel was all smiles... Until his wife found out. 

The stallion turned sheepish, herding his son beneath him as he suffered Valk's wrath.

"C'mon Valk," he whined.  "Don't you want them to be able to protect themselves from assholes?"

@Astraea
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

cursedwanderer

Grimoire was perfectly comfortable with inflicting pain on others, but he wasn't interested in using his hooves to do it.  Magic was always his forte and he'd of vastly preferred if this had been a more of a battle of magical skill.  While many of his family members were excellent fighters, he found it to be barbaric and thus relegated himself to audience member rather than participant.  He was content to cheer on his sisters (and maybe use magic to sabotage other competitors from his place in the crowd).

The colt kept his head high as he walked in between his parents and elder sister, confident of his family's superiority in the art of war.  One of his sister's would win, he was sure of it.  The question to him was just which?

Eyes gleaming, he turned his gaze from the ring towards his parents.

"Mother, what will you do if they get hurt?"

@Astraea
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Fealine

Regal sat next to her mother, a hat forced on her that read GO ROGUE and a tiny flag in one hoof. She sighed, watching her mother with side eye and duck face. Where was Synth and why was she here? Why she, of all siblings, had to come along? Wouldn't Minty be better for this? Or perhaps Bijou? She did agree that it was about time Rogue found himself in life and caught up to the rest of them but still. She had costumes to model. "Uhg Mother why are you so annoying?" she facehoofed, using her magic to wave the tiny flag and let out the most un enthused "Yay." anyone could muster.

@Astraea

Cotton Fluff frowned as she walked around the edges of the seats. She eyed all the various parents, siblings, humans and other old enough's here and frowned harder. A plushie sat on her back, controlled via her magic to wave a tiny banner that read 'Stop Child Violence!'. "Don't worry little ones, I'll save you!" she called out to the crowed, her pig tails billowing impressively in the...... fake generated wind? What? Who put a giant fan here?

Oh no her plush!

"Oh No, Beary Buttletons The Fourth, come back!"
(free to interact with!)

Shockstar simply frowned at the ring. He had been mislead. Again.
Sighing, he took a seat and sat down, pressing his hooves into his head. "Children?!?! You all fight CHILDREN?!?! This isn't how this works!"  he cried. "This isn't how any of this works!!!" he groaned, finally settling down and peeking out into the ring. Maybe one of the foals would put on a heckin good show though. Guess he could stay and watch. Still though, where in Phonyland were the dang monster battles? Arg.
(free to interact with!)

cursedwanderer

System Error settled into one of the cold metal seats, tail coiling around one of the legs as faint amusement showed on her face.

Pitting children against each other in a no holds barred wrestling tournament?  It was so comical she had openly laughed when she'd heard about the event.

Knowing her family, the mer was not terribly surprised to hear that at least some of her siblings had entered the tournament.  The kids were certainly spunky and Error held no ill will towards her younger siblings.  Some might even dare to say she liked them. 

Looking over the brackets with a keen eye she called to her parents.  "Papa, I don't think your little princess is going to have much luck.  She's gotten rather poor placement.  If she somehow manages to win a couple matches the people running this circus were cruel enough to put her in line to fight Aegis down the road."

With nothing against Requiem, Error did hold Aegis in a bit higher esteem.  There was just something more about her other sister that resonated with her and she appreciated the filly seeking her out for advice.

@Astraea

Astraea

"Yes, a brilliant question Grim." she said shooting Reaper daggers. "What does happen if they get hurt? I wonder who should have considered that BEFORE now." She snorted.

"I WANT them to learn to fight honorably! There is very little honorable about any of this! What is this?" She examined the form left in one of the metal chairs near her and studied it. "Weird, really strange cryptogram.." She turned the brackets upside down and sideways, examining it closer.

@cursedwanderer

Royal shot her daughter a look, one that seemed slightly..deranged? She grinned. "We're going to cheer so loud that Rogue will hear us wherever it is he's waiting. And we will out shout, out cheer, out everything anyone else is doing. Do. You. Under. Stand?" her tone was light but her face was an inch away from her daughters', her golden eyes drilling into Regal's soul.

@Fealine

cursedwanderer

Reaper winced under his wife's glare and son's questioning. 

"Valk, I-"  The large stalliion squirmed uncomfortably and glanced down at his son.  "If it's life or death it's better for our children to choose dishonor and life then honor and fucking death.  It shouldn't matter how they fight as long as they win."  And that was a sentiment the stallion could certainly stand behind.  If it were up to him he would want his daughters to do whatever it was in their power to protect themselves, honor be damned.  Hell, he'd be happy for them to tag him in to fight for them.

The carousel glanced towards Error and scowled.  "Bastards.  Maybe I should go find who set this up and ensure that they know who the proper winners are."

@Astraea

cursedwanderer

Grim smirked to himself, trotting out from under his father's wing to take a seat beside his elder sister.  The colt flinched for a moment as his rump touched the cold seat.

He was certainly satisfied with his father's answer of win at all costs, but he could respect that his mother had rules.  Rules just happened to be for other people.  He'd hoped his mother would of been a bit bolder.  They were strong carousels, others should look at them in awe and fear.

Glancing at the bracket flyer, he slightly wished his sisters luck.  Friends he might not have, but his sisters were his allies.  He would do almost anything for them as long as it wasn't to his detriment.  Maybe he could use his magic to trip their opponents if he got the chance.

Nym

Paladin wasn't sure what came over him when he invited Bright Gallery to the event. Honestly, he hadn't thought it'd be as seedy as it was -- he was sure it was all a hoax, played up as an act. He felt wretched when blindfolds covered the two, bristling as he found himself pressing gently into Bright Gallery's shoulder; protective and uncertain. When the two were released he glanced about, pondering what his mother would think if she knew what 'an after school activity' truly had meant. He hadn't lie -- he never lied --, he just... hadn't been as honest.

He didn't think he had to be!

"I'm sorry, Bright Gallery -- I really thought it was all a ruse! Are you okay? How do you feel?" He had invited her in hopes to help her with crowds, not to... torment her. Would she ever trust him again?

@Gl!tch~

Fealine

Regal had always knew moms could unlock some kind of secret magic voodoo on their kids.

But this was a whole new level.

Her face even more of a duck face, now combined with puffed out cheeks like a chipmunk, Regal did everything she could to inch away from Royal but it wasn't working. That glare into her soul almost made her quiver and Regal suddenly began making her banner wave faster. "Go Rogue, kick some tail, you got this bro, WOOO!" she screamed, her hair eyes wide as she tossed her head back in an odd fashion trying to seem imposing. Or at least make Royal happy... for the time being. "Aahaa....ah.... yes...mother?" she gulped, wishing Synth were here right now to save her.

@Astraea

Byagane319

Wrastlin!!  It was what gave his down time meaning.  Normally Kit could only watch matches on TV, yelling at the small screen as The Boulder delivered a landslide takedown!! More than once he'd had to sweep up a whole bowl of popcorn.  But finally there was a match going on in phonyland!  The whole process of being blinded folded just excited him more.  He loved this.  Granted it wasn't The Boulder or Bulk Slogan but hey, wrastlin was wrastlin.

The large brown splotted draft sat in a seat with a large drink and big tub of popcorn.  He was so excited.  "WOOO!  I can't wait for the action!  Lets get ready ta rumble!" he called out before stuffing his mouth with popcorn.

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

Regrind had the day off and saw the advertising for this event had stretched all the way outwards to even his part of town.  Having nothing else to do and curious as to why they'd let little sprouts wrestle like it's 1999 was enough to bring him out to this event.  The whole establishment felt like walking into a time capsule, that alone was enough to convince him to stay and watch.

Ruriska

"Come and sit here, mother," Mossflower offered, guiding the half-asleep Phony over to one of the steel chairs and settling her in with a cushion and a blanket. With her legs doing a dingle-dangling, the older Phony seemed completely out of place, especially with how she kept sleepily tilting to the side and Mossflower had to keep a hoof constantly on her shoulder to stop her from slumping to the ground.

But Yawn had insisted. If her oldest and sweetest babby was going to bravely wrestle a bunch of other kids she was going to be there. Not to mention her granddaughter (who she was far less worried about).

As for Mossflower, there was no way she was going to miss her dutiful daughter's wrestling debut. She was there to offer her support and no doubt scream like crazy when Bushido came into the ring.

Oathkeeper had placidly endured the entry and blindfolding then found her way to a good spot close to the ring where she could get a great view of the show.  They had been training hard and preparing just for this moment and she was ready to see it all in action. Aegis was going to smash heads into the ground and Oathkeeper could hardly wait. 

Nym

Oh -- it wasn't a joke.

The tickets had been shoved into her hooves by a random somephony, and Kiwi had taken the laughter as indication it was a performance piece or something silly. Now, she wondered if it had been nervous laughter, and the tickets hadn't even been needed! Maybe she had been bamboozled by someone advertising with false tickets, or perhaps a friend had played a prank on her -- whatever the case was she had just gotten herself and Happy Endings blindfolded and dragged into the most shady of places.

"Oh, Happy, I'm truly sorry! I hadn't thought it'd actually be as the paper said -- are you alright?" She turned to her companion, fixing a loose strand of her own hair. Happy had been the phony who, unfortunately, had seen her right after she obtained the tickets, and thus had the tickets presented to him with thoughts of it being a fun experience. Well, this could certainly be fun, but Kiwi Kiss was docking points for the messy blindfolding. Her hair needed fixing, and fast!

"And to think they locked us in! Well, we'll need to settle in. Did you need anything? Refreshments? Snacks?"

@cursedwanderer