News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] A nursery for the future [Sugar Petal x Lavender Lemon]

Started by Nym, May 09, 2021, 06:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym

Sugar Petal felt at ease, mostly. Her feelings for Lavender Lemon were acknowledged, accepted, and even turned into an engagement. They had found a home together and now the wedding planning remained, although Sugar left most of it to Lav. Honestly, she didn't mind whatever the wedding turned into -- she was just happy to wed her best friend and fiancée. However, something else nagged at the corners of her mind, nibbling away whenever the room was just quiet enough. For awhile, perhaps weeks, she had let it go, unsure if the feeling was anything long-lasting or permanent.

But it kept returning.

She had felt it before, although briefly and often the result of a cheesy romance movie or a feel-good commercial about pampers; short but fleeting. Sugar Petal always chalked it up to nothing more than a brief and flimsy interest. That was before Lavender Lemon shared a home with her, and now the feeling lingered. It didn't need prompting, instead blossoming on its own and slowly taking root in her heart. Sugar Petal was a patient sort, someone who mulled things over being they finally spilled their thoughts. Finally, she stood before the window in the living room, waiting for her fiancée to return home. Maybe it was time to have the talk.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Lavender Lemon could never see long term, a bubbly, impulsive girl. She'd only ever been able to see beyond today when she was with her fiancée, when suddenly the future seemed a bright and shiny thing just in reach, something to savor like a perfectly brewed cup of tea. It was incredible that after everything that happened between them, she was in the best possible world, where she could one day marry her best friend and live the rest of her life with her, working alongside her.

Today, she had focused on shopping for the Tilted Tulip, assuring Sugar Petal she would take care of it for her. All the things they needed to continue making sure their shared cafe was a success! Lavender returned home triumphant, her saddlebags heavy with ingredients and supplies. She put down a few of the bags, and beamed when she saw Sugar. "My love!" Lav couldn't help but burst out into the biggest, silliest smile when she saw her. "I got everything, so like, we should be good for the rest of the month. Unless the new spring drinks are like, more popular than we expect," she said with a laugh. Too much success couldn't be a bad thing.

@Nym

Nym

Sugar Petal turned towards the sound of her fiancée returning home, a faint smile on her face as she wandered to meet Lav. Her arms outstretched, looping a lazy hug around Lavender's shoulders as she took the chance to peer at the bags, a pleased sound escaping her. Trust Lav to always get the best supplies for the business!

"Welcome home," she murmured, leaving Lav's side to clear off the nearby table for her. Sugar's heart wrenched, throat tightening as she fussed with the table. Oh, she really needed to talk to Lav before she chickened out.

But Lavender Lemon had just got home -- she couldn't just bombard her immediately.

"How was the shopping trip?"

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Lavender put everything on the table and started to sort things to be put away. Some things were for home, of course, and the things for the Tilted Tulip. "The trip was great, lines were like, pretty short actually! Not a lot of phonies out and about. I got the heavy cream that isn't ultra-pasteurized so we can try making clotted cream for the scones. Maybe we can do like, a classic tea time theme sometime." The pegasus was really excited, she loved coming up with ideas. Anything that meant she got to work alongside Sugar Petal, and combine their specialties for everyone to see.  "And you know, coffee beans, vanilla beans, cinnamon beans, the usual," she laughed. "Overall, like, not anything special though. I'd rather be here with you," she said, leaving the table to nuzzle Sugar and kiss her cheek.

"How have you been, love?"

@Nym

Nym

Sugar hummed as her paramour leaned close to deliver a kiss, softly leaning back to return the gesture. Sometimes, on the odd days, she couldn't imagine how they got where they were. Lavender Lemon was so good to her -- did Sugar deserve such a perfect partner?

Honestly, it didn't matter if she did -- Sugar Petal was happy Lavender Lemon loved her.

"It's been nice and quiet," she murmured, gently nuzzling into Lavender Lemon's neck. "I caught up on my gardening show while deciding what seeds to plant tomorrow. And waited for you." Her head tilted against the crook of Lav's neck, one eye peeking out to stare directly at their table. They'd need more seats if....

"Lavender," she began, leaning back to fully look Lavender in the eyes. "The extra room in the house -- the one we haven't done anything with. What did you want to turn it into?"

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Quiet could be good. Lav knew Sugar liked the quiet. She was smart and contemplative like that, though Lavender thought sometimes the house was a bit too quiet, just the two of them and their pets... And she knew that look on her future wife's face well enough. That extra room? She hadn't given it much thought. Something they had meant to get to, but Lavender had kept running with so many ideas and they never got around to it. It hadn't been important. "It could be an office, a greenhouse, or a mad scientist lab or really, like, anything. But you have something in mind, don't you?" The pegasus smiled. They were a team, so she wanted to hear Sugar's input. "What are you thinking of?"

@Nym

Nym

"All those things sound lovely," she admitted, chewing on the inside of her mouth. It wouldn't do beating around the bush, especially around Lavender Lemon, who caught on to most things. She exhaled heavily, nervously wiping hooves on her knees as she pulled away, long locks falling over an eye.

"I had another idea, for awhile... but I wanted time to think on it before I brought it up. Before today." What was she nervous about? It was Lav -- she'd never do anything to hurt Sugar. Still! It was nervewracking!

"What if... we turned it into.... a nursery." Her voice drastically softened into a faint whisper at the end, hooves pushing hair from her face.

@purpleroses

purpleroses

A nursery? Like for their plants? Lavender thought she'd already suggested a greenhouse, but then common sense kicked in. A nursery nursery. Like for babies. Their babies. Lav blushed at the thought, a little blindsided, but not in a bad way. It wasn't like they weren't planning on getting married already, and a family ---

The pegasus rested her forehead against Sugar Petal's. "A nursery... You always did have the best ideas, love," she said. This felt dreamy. It was early to think about, maybe, but she wanted everything with Sugar. Her best friend, her future wife, and the mother of her future children too. "Of course, of course. Like... of course! I had no idea, I mean, like, you know I want that too, right?"

@Nym

Nym

Was Lav red? She was! Sugar could feel her own red cheeks darkening, instinctively flipping hair over her eyes to cover the nerves. She jolted as Lav nuzzled into her forehead, careful not to jab her paramour with her horn as she faintly pressed back into Lav, eyes closing with a shaky sigh. Children -- with Lavender. They had already planned for marriage but children really completed their family for Sugar Petal. Oh! Don't get her wrong -- if they never had kids she'd still be happy, but....

But Lavender Lemon was the only one she'd ever take the journey of parenthood with, and it felt right.

"I wasn't sure -- we never talked about it. I just... I wasn't sure what I wanted, either, until it couldn't leave my mind." She reached down, gently taking Lavender's hooves into her own.

"Is it too early to plan?"

@purpleroses

purpleroses

"I didn't think too much about it, to be honest... like, we have our cafe, we have our wedding coming up. I figured if there was anyone I wanted to start a family with, of course it'd be you." Lavender was thinking of all the possibilities now. It probably would have been a conversation eventually, and it was good to know that they were still on the same page. They'd be incredible mothers. Sugar would be an incredible mother.

"Maybe a bit early, but like, there's no such thing as planning too much for the future! We can be well prepared, whether it happens in the near future, or like, super far in the future. We'll know what we want." Lavender smiled. "And we can talk about everything. Anything you're not sure about. But like, whatever it is: I want it with you. Any changes or growth or decisions, I want you to be a part of it, and I want to do the things that make you happy."

@Nym

Nym

She let out a soft sigh that had been caught in her chest, relief and excitement mixed into one. She had to agree -- if she had wanted a family of course it'd be with Lavender Lemon, but they had never discussed if both even wanted kids. A wedding was due, but with limited and rare openings at the marriage hall she had begun to plan outside of what should have been their next step in their journey. Besides, not being married didn't mean they couldn't have kids, right?

Of course not.

But, also, she felt bad. Her mother ached as her father vanished into the nether, and here Sugar Petal was; engaged and looking ahead in life. She was a new baby when her mother wed but she had always dreamed of both parents celebrating her special day; hoping it'd remind them of theirs. She had heard it was beautiful, even. Something that had often made her wonder if she'd have such a special moment, too.

"I feel-" her mouth snapped shut as she spoke without thinking, ears wilting. She pulled from Lavender, eyes locked on the ground.

"Do you think my mom will still be happy? During our wedding?"

@purpleroses

purpleroses

Lavender hated to see her fiancee so upset. "Of course your mom will be happy. Even if it's... not like, exactly what we expected, it'll still be us. It'll be us celebrating our love with our family and our friends, and you'll be happy. So your mom will be happy."

She knew it had been hard on her family, with so many people getting scarce. She was lucky that she could still talk to her mom and dad, or even her grandmas, if she was having a problem. She knew they'd be at her wedding. "We'll like, make sure it's the most beautiful wedding ever, so no one could possibly be sad during it!"

@Nym

Nym

Sugar leaned into her fiancee, savoring the comfort Lav seemed to radiate just by being. She was right -- Lav was always right, even when she wasn't. Her mother would be happy for her; she was her mom. Sugar's unease unfurled within her chest, soothing at the edges as she sighed lowly -- gratefully. Perhaps that was the unease about her future and why she pushed for Lav's vocalized approval; she was afraid of moving ahead in life and leaving her mother behind or hurting her. Was Sugar allowed to have the things her mother had?

Was it okay to be selfish?

"Speaking of," she faintly murmured, pulling away for Lav to wander towards the table. "I drafted the wedding invites.... could I get your thoughts?"

@purpleroses