News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Generosity] A helping hoof [Bee Sweet x Butter Beer]

Started by Nym, May 10, 2021, 05:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nym

Bee Sweet had collected all of his allowance and extra funds, rattling them in a small bag as he stared up at the shelf of legos. Ever since he had seen someone online make a bee from legos he had been smitten, but... he was sure he couldn't afford it yet. He could save a bit longer, and he would, but that didn't stop Bee from slinking back into the toy store and pining, hoping they'd go on sale eventually.

That day was not today, however. He could ask his parents if they'd buy them for him, but Bee wanted to prove he was finally mature enough on his own. How could he prove a point if he still went to his parents for toys? They'd never believe him capable enough when it came time to ask them if they'd like him have a bee farm in the backyard!

Ugh, being mature was hard.

@shortcutt

shortcutt

Butter Beer was looking forward to today. He had worked his little butt off to finally earn enough money from doing chores around his family's bar to go to their local toy store and purchase that 1000 piece set of legos that had been taunting him for so long. He would finally be able to build out his ideas for his first storefront, and then the tower he knew he would be living in once he made his first million.

The little foal was practically drooling over the many ideas that cluttered his mind. Which front would he build first?

Waltzing into the store as if he were walking on air, he deftly made his way through the aisles, back to where he knew the set was being kept... But there he found another foal staring in wonder at the colorful set before him. Did the other want the set, too? Great minds, they say.

"Hey," Butter Beer began a little tentatively, not wanting to disturb the other foal from enjoying looking at the large set. "They're pretty cool, huh?" He continued, offering a little smile toward Bee Sweet.

@Nym

Nym

He must have been totally lost in thought, jolting in surprise when another foal spoke. To him? To him! Bee Sweet smiled brightly, nodding without taking his eyes off the legos.

"Yeah," he agreed, swiveling his gaze to the other foal. Oh, pretty eyes. "I'm so close to having my own. Am I in the way?" He shuffled to the side slightly, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"There's a really cool channel on 'Tube, where this guy builds a lot of cool things! He recommended this set for beginners."

@shortcutt

shortcutt

The enthusiasm was palpable from the other foal-- It was kinda sweet to see. Unable to keep himself from smiling, he turned himself to face the cute colt, his own eyes glittering with excitement.

"Yeah! There's a couple of channels I've watched in the past. They do all kinds of amazing stuff when they're building. One of them even built a phony-sized replica of himself. It was crazy to watch." Butter Beer mused, glancing back at the set again. "When I get the set, I'm going to build so many things... I have too many ideas." He laughed a little, quickly finding himself comfortable around the other colt. But ah! He hadn't even asked the other foal's name!

Manners first, though.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I didn't catch your name! I'm Butter Beer." BB nodded, knowing that every connection could wind up being a valuable one. "You have great taste in toys, by the way. Do you know what you want to build when you get them?"

@Nym

Nym

Oh, names -- right. Manners. He had forgotten... entirely. Bee Sweet straightened himself, rehearsing the polite tone his parents had taught him long ago.

"I'm Bee Sweet. It's nice to meet you," he answered, and he meant it! A short laugh left him, a part nervous and another part sheepish.

"I, uh- I wanted to make a giant bee hive. Or something big." He paused, voice dipping softly. "I have tiny bee figurines and everything..."

@shortcutt

shortcutt

"Bee Sweet! I'll remember it forever." And he would, honestly. Butter Beer made it a point to remember people's names and faces for the future, though this colt would be more than easy to remember. Sweet was in his name, and it was in the way he presented himself, too. It was rather charming.

"Bee figurines? Those must be tiny..." Butter Beer offered a genuine grin to Bee Sweet, trying to imagine what the figurines looked like. "A giant beehive will be great for them when you get the set!" A pause, and BB's eyes opened wider, realizing that he could actually be in the way of the other colt's purchase. He did approach the foal and distract him, after all... "Oh, I didn't mean to keep you... I was just curious what kinds of ideas you had for when you brought the set home today. I assume you'll want to hurry up and get building, then."

Though, wait, what had Bee Sweet said? He wanted to make a giant bee hive? As in, there was something in the way of him building one today?

@Nym

Nym

He'd remember Bee's name forever? Oh, Bee Sweet wasn't sure he was as dedicated or good at such a task, but now he desperately wanted to be. He stared at Butter Beer, forcing himself to remember. If they ever met again he'd be mortified to forget such a friendly colt! A hoof raised as Butter Beer spoke, shaking into a gentle 'no no'.

"Oh! I- no no! I can't afford it right now, I just like checking in.... in case there's a sale, y'know?" Flushed and slightly embarrassed, it was now his turn to realize he might be in the way of the other, hooves raising.

"OH, wait, no they're not going home with me! You can buy it, I'm sorry if I was stopping you!"

@shortcutt

shortcutt

Well. Butter Beer had intended on buying the set for himself. He did have many things to build after all. But nothing would ever be permanent for him, and it wasn't like he had an extremely solid idea to start with, unlike Bee Sweet. The other foal seemed so genuinely happy when explaining what he was going to build-- He already had figures to go inside of the bee hive and everything... And he'd been watching a 'Tuber for who knows how long by now.

Butter Beer didn't have the heart to sweep the lego set out from under Bee Sweet's nose like that. The foal had even been waiting for the set to go on sale. Instead of responding to the colt's offer to go ahead and purchase the set, BB shook his head and smiled.

"How much are you short by?" He hummed, knowing that he himself had just enough to cover the full price, but what was more chores, when he could share his earnings to make someone else happy?

@Nym

Nym

There was a pause as Bee Sweet considered Butter Beer, immediately catching onto the tone emitting from the other foal. His cheeks heated, mouth clamping such as he fought the urge to tell Butter Beer he was fine. What if he was wrong? What if Butter Beer was just curious and not offering? Then he'd look even worse! He had heard that exact tone from his parents before -- a kind and thoughtful hum with intentions lurking behind it. Bee Sweet wasn't the worst at understanding tone, either.

But if he was wrong and opened his mouth too soon he might also upset Butter Beer, and that he definitely didn't want.

"Uh, I think..." he rustled in his bag, counting under his breath for a moment. "I need about 3 more bits. I'm super close, I'm sure by next week I'll be able to!"

@shortcutt

shortcutt

"Three? Okay." Without another word, he shifted to peer into his own bag, counting the money he had worked so hard for. He knew he didn't have to do this. He also knew that he might be overstepping his bounds with Bee Sweet, but his intention wasn't to offend! In fact... It may have honestly been a selfish move to offer his money over to the other colt, if only to potentially make a friend, but that wasn't his initial intention either. Something drew him to Bee Sweet, told him to try his best with the foal, to make him happy.

Was it odd? Maybe. But Butter Beer didn't care.

Offering up the needed amount, he gently pressed it forward to Bee Sweet, his smile clearly saying that he wouldn't be taking no for an answer. "You've gotta have a home for those bees you have, right? I don't think it would be right to see you leave the store without it."

@Nym 

Nym

He was right! Bee began to protest, mouth opening and hooves moving to gently push Butter Beer's hooves away, although he stopped when he noted that smile. Butter Beer wasn't going to let Bee worm out of it, was he? Bee wasn't the type to test wills, either. His hooves rolled upward, gently accepting the bits as his eyes widened and flicked to the lego set, unable to contain the sheer excitement coursing through him.

"Really?" He asked, voice soft and warm. His horn sparked a faint brown sparkle as he regarded the lego set -- no; HIS lego set. It was really happening! But....

He still felt bad.

Butter Beer had no reason to help him, but he still did. A generous action -- a selfless choice. Bee Sweet eyeballed Butter Beer, both in awe and appreciation. Oh, he had the perfect way to say thank you! "Then you have to play with me, if- if you're free! Would you like to come over my house?"

@shortcutt

shortcutt

When Bee Sweet finally accepted Butter Beer's offer, he let out a laugh, his tail swishing once with delight. He knew Bee was going to appreciate the set more than he was, and with how palpable the unicorn's excitement was, he knew he was right. "Yeah, really! You'll be more creative with it than I would be." BB wanted to make his storefront ideas, sure, but he should probably have more than just a vague idea before he started fooling around with legos. Probably should narrow down his options in a sketchbook first.

At the invitation, Butter Beer grinned, not having expected to be offered a chance to play with the set, too. Maybe he could help Bee build his hive! Storefronts could definitely wait until later.

"I'm free. I just have to be back to Cloud Nine by five to check in with my mom, but I'd love to come play with you, Bee Sweet!" Nodding in the direction of the counter, he motioned for Bee to follow so they could check out and use the rest of their time hurrying to the unicorn's house so they could start building. "C'mon! No time to waste, right? Let's get you those legos!"

@Nym