News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[ORP] Lunar New Year Festival [OPEN!] (2/7/22 - 2/28/22)

Started by HopelesslyPretty, February 07, 2022, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopelesslyPretty

The celebration of the Lunar New Year has come to Phonyland! Phony City is showcasing its celebration every night this month with an outdoor Lunar New Year Festival~ Come join the Year of the Tiger — which celebrates strength and courage Festivities will include a variety of activities for phony of all ages and sizes - Admission Tickets are Free with a Valid Photo ID but guests are required to wear complimentary Colored Wristbands for Identification. Vendor stalls lining the streets are filled with an assortment of colorful wares from locally handcrafted goods and professional commercial exhibits, games to amuse souls both young and old, and walk-through art gallery to honor Phonyland's vibrant community and cultural heritage. The sweet and succulent scents of freshly prepared foods waft through the pleasantly cool night air! Live musical performances can be heard throughout the shopping district. Art installations of beautiful red paper lanterns throughout the shopping district to celebrate the Year of the Tiger and provide a comforting and warm red glow to the nightly streetscape. The Lunar New Year Festival will also include a colorful live dragon dance and a lantern parade!

This ORP is for everyphony wanting to participate it will be Open for guests to arrive from 2/7/2022 to 2/28/2022. The ORP may possibly continue beyond this date but just for keeping this thread tidy I'd like to have a general play timeline in place).Your phony can participate in the event as much or as little as you'd like! Volunteer opportunities for anyphony wanting to be a Vendor, Event Performer, or Event Staff in some capacity (Security Detail, Game Operator, Chef, etc).

Welcome to the Festival! Please show the Ticket Admissions Booth your Valid Photo Identification to receive your complimentary Wristband! - Please tag your initial entry post appropriately! This will make it easier for phony to identify each other depending on what role they might be playing and how new phony might connect with each other (Under the Spoiler)!

[spoiler]- General Admission Tickets (Your phony is not a vendor, event performer, etc)[/b]
[color=crimson][size=24pt][b]General Admission, Please![/b][/size][/color]
[ insert text here ]

- General Kids Tickets (Permababbies only)
[color=purple][size=24pt][b]Watch Out, Kiddie Coming Through![/b][/size][/color]
[ insert text here ]

- Vendors Tickets (Your phony is actively running a shop stall at the Festival)
[color=gold][size=24pt][b]I've got a Vendor Pass![/b][/size][/color]
[ insert text here ]

- Event Performers Tickets (Your phony wants to participate as a live entertainer!)
[color=green][size=24pt][b]Lights! Camera! Action![/b][/size][/color]
[ insert text here ]

- Event Staff Tickets (Your phony wants to participate as a staff supporter!)
[color=navy][size=24pt][b]Participation is Power![/b][/size][/color]
[ insert text here ]
[/spoiler]

Chrys

General Admission, Please!

Really?  There's a requirement for the ugliest wristband to be worn while she, the beautiful and divine Pretzel, bestows her presence upon them?  She wouldn't even be here if her own troupe were performing, but they're not and she's bored and if she finds herself traipsing towards a certain tent one more time so help her Phony --

The blue mare utters a short, disgusted sound under her breath, not minding if anyone catches it as a reaction to the wristband more than herself.  Whatever.  She's here for a good time, not a long time, and while, naturally, it's not nearly as impressive as her stomping grounds, it has its own...charm.  The colors are vibrant and pretty, the warmth of the brightness rather fetching against the dark.  The lanterns are actually rather lovely, giving her a few ideas for her own sets, a dreamy line of captured stars leading the way through the festival.  It's not all bad, Pretzel decides, and maybe if she can take a few of the less attention-grabbing items back to her tent, or maybe alter some of them for their more desaturated show, it might not be an entire waste...

Despite her inner monologue of being unimpressed, she doesn't look unhappy, twilight eyes sweeping from stall to stall, Phony to Phony, unable to entirely hide her curiosity at the world beyond her own show.

Ruriska

General Admission, Please!

It had been obvious there was no point trying to compete with Phonyland's Lunar New Year celebrations. The carnival ran for most of the year but at times like this, the hustlers and entertainers got to let down their hair a bit and enjoy the spectacle others could provide.

So with the midway quiet, a lonely wind rustling to the tents, Rigged had abandoned it in search of something fun. Red lanterns and sticky dumplings, firecrackers going off left and right, laughter and the cheerful abandon of seeing the year out.

It had a very different vibe than his midway. Far less mysterious and clearly not out to swindle you. He couldn't help but sigh. It was so ripe for the picking. So many naive faces. Maybe next year he'd set up a stall and rake in some extra cash on the side.

He meandered his way through the crowd, with the easy swagger of someone used to being around a lot of people.

Of course he'd been expecting to see a few carnie folk around but when he spotted her, a cool splash of blue in a world of red and orange, his mouth curled in a delighted smirk.

"Don't mind if I do" he murmured to himself and then shifted direction to come up directly alongside her, as casual as could.

"Well," he crowed, eyes sparkling, "fancy meeting you here!"

@Chrys

Chrys

It's a mighty fine thing that she's as controlled as she is, or her reaction could have revealed everything and given up the game before it even started.

Doing little more to display her surprise than a soft intake of breath and a twitch of her long tail, Pretzel looks over her wither at the one whose voice she knows all too well, twilight eyes narrowing slightly - though in play or scrutiny, it can be hard to tell with her.  "Rigged, my favorite trouble," she greets him in a voice nearly too soft to hear, but that has enough experience in shows to project it just as far as she wants it to go.  "I didn't expect I'd see you here - certainly your crowd," heavy-lashed eyes flit around to those nearby, "but no business to be had.  To what do I owe the dubious pleasure?"

She continues her stride, albeit slower, as she speaks with her...coworker?  Headache.  Pain in the - yeah.  Coworker is probably a better idea to stick to.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Rigged easily moved into step with her, keeping an even swagger. "I've never been one to miss a good party, you never know what you'll find," he replied, brows arching just a little. "I'm sure lots of folks would like to start their new year with a bang." He kept a straight face through the double entendre but his gaze was very much locked on her face, waiting for the response

She was probably used to it now, he'd made enough jokes and references to her flexibility to last them a lifetime, but every now and then he could tease a fun reaction out of her and those were the moments that gave him a great deal of joy.

@Chrys

Chrys

"Mm, I certainly wouldn't have counted...this," she waves a hoof at the bright stalls, "a good party to your standards.  Not nearly flashy enough."

Pretzel turns her head slightly to reply, eyes elsewhere, almost, almost taking Rigged at face value - and realizing nearly at the last moment that he's toying with her.  Her mouth snaps shut and she looks away sharply, not fast enough to completely conceal the flush beneath her blue cheeks.  "Incorrigible should have been your name," she mutters, flicking her tail at him lazily, but with just enough heft that the longest bit has a bit more snap to it, akin to a swat against his flank.  "You must be sincere, I can't imagine you'd come all the way out here just to get me all tongue-tied and twisted."  The mare looks back at him nearly impassive, her color almost normal, not even remotely above wordplay with the stallion.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Her reaction was just what he'd hoped and he laughed, playfully shying away from the flick of her tail. She did look ever so cute with a bit of flush to her cheeks.

"Of course not," he admitted carelessly. "But I can't deny seeing you here was a nice surprise. Tongue-tied and twisty is my favourite version of you." His smile was especially suggestive.

For a moment, Rigged looked away from her to the bright stalls and merriment of the festival. "It might not be the ideal party but it's more my style than yours. Or are you more whimsical than I gave you credit for?"

He hummed thoughtfully under his breath and then dipped his head towards her surreptitiously and asked in a hush, "Do you want me to tell you what I'm really here for?"

@Chrys 

HopelesslyPretty

I've got a Vendor Pass!
Setting up shop at the annual Lunar New Year Festival was a new opportunity for Shimmering Sea. While the artist generally sold her ocean inspired sculptures and jewelry from her online store, the chance to gain experience as an event vendor was too worthwhile to let it slip away! But then there was an entirely different challenge that she couldn't underestimate... Would she really be able to run a stall all by herself with possible crowds of customers? Shimmer found herself a bit nervous at the thought. The merphony had reached out to her new friend, Hemlock, to see if the plant witch might want to share a booth with her.

Both phony were entrepreneurs so it couldn't hurt them to try to grow their businesses and they wouldn't even have to do it alone. Fortune's favor on her side had gotten Shimmer through the logistics and an available supply of hoof-made goods to set up with Hemlock's help and organization. Together they'd made a shop that featured both of their passions for plants and shells.

As Shimmer just finished cashing out a sale for a little colt and his mother who'd just purchased some jade plants in giant clam planters, she gave a small smile of relief. Turning to her friend she said with a smile "Wow, another sale made! I think we're doing pretty well today, don't you?"

HopelesslyPretty

Participation is Power!

If someone had told Knockout he'd be spending his Lunar New Year as an event security guard he would've told them off with a very sincere 'There's no way in hell'. Despite his full-time job as a vigilante quite literally involving him flying solo he'd found himself in need of some extra cash this month. Some temp work every now and then helped add some weight to his wallet so the blond did find himself here tonight. He was currently standing on a rooftop to provide aerial surveillance support to the event security team but the night had generally been without issue.

He'd resolved a case of lost twin foals by reuniting them with their parents and scored some free snacks by helping a fast food vendor catch a dine-and-dasher. His shift was scheduled to end in the next few minutes and KO could not wait. He'd be meeting up with a certain tall, dark and handsome pegasus soon for a date with him and his daughter.

Chrys

"You're certainly some sort of surprise," she replies almost tartly, but in a way he might recognize as vaguely amused.

Utterly ignoring his previous comment, she turns her own eyes towards the stalls, expression still relatively neutral.  "I was bored without my adoring audience," is her flippant comment, "and I can only go through my routine so many times until even I need a rest, regardless of how impressive my dexterity is."  Another side glance, another feigned disinterest in the opposite direction.

Rigged's closeness is not unwelcome, though she does little more to show it than turn her head away - while tilting it closer to him, one ear swiveling towards him.  "Giving me something for free, are you?  By all means.  But if you say something like a corndog or cotton candy, I will bruise that pretty hide of yours."

@Ruriska