News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[Laughter] The Curse of the Coven [Witch Hazel/Cosmic Reel]

Started by Ruriska, February 11, 2021, 07:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruriska

Witch Hazel's childhood had so far been fairly insular. It wasn't that she didn't want to broaden her horizons, it was simply that for a good portion of her life Cirrus has been too terrified to let his children out of his sight and he had enough issues without her demanding to be set free to roam about on her own.

But the older they got, the more he realized he couldn't keep his children cooped up forever, and with clouds and teacups only giving good fortune today, Witch Hazel was out and about. Normally her first reaction to being outside was to locate plants or read a book in the sunshine but today was different.

Today she wanted to watch a movie.

A horror movie, to be precise. One about witches and demons and unholy things.

Now all she had to do was buy the ticket and walk on in but the building was so large and very daunting and so instead she lingered outside, staring at the poster, which boasted 'a coven of chills'. Whatever that meant.

@thy

thy

The best part of being a babby without Phark-assigned parental figures was that Cosmic Reel got to go to the movies whenever the heck he wanted.

Reel loved the movies. No, the cinema. It wasn't the same, sitting at home in a stable without the ever-present blanket of theatre lighting and surround sound. On the big silver screen, everything was so much cooler than life, and you could take entire trips to worlds outside of the park, filled with danger and big magic and people who weren't paying customers.

He hadn't decided what he'd be watching today. Yet. He liked to look through the posters once he got there, marveling at the way the characters were posed or lit and trying to imagine what the story might be. He kicked his hover scooter faster - the colt-sized ones had a speed limit - as he approached the familiar palatial building, skidding to a stop when he saw quite an unusual sight: another babby Phony, here without supervision from Uncool Parents. "Hey!" he called giddily. Many of the cinema's daytime patrons were park visitors, after all, since most grown-up phonies had jobs. "What are you - ah!"

Of course the poster she was examining wouldn't escape notice. A Scary Movie. Reel liked Scary Movies, too - he liked all movies - but he had to admit he usually tried to drag his sister (or anyone) with him as company, someone to ensure he was safe. This Phony must be very cool, if she'd been planning to watch that. "I haven't seen that one yet!" he grinned. "I'm Cosmic Reel, but people call me Reel 'cuz my sister's name has Cosmic in it too. Are you..." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "...by yourself?"

@Ruriska

Ruriska

"Hey!"

Witch Hazel jolted, surprised, her head swivelling to locate the speaker, not actually expecting it to be directed at her. To then discover that the owner of the 'hey!' was indeed looking at and approaching her was somewhat bemusing. She wouldn't have dreamed of approaching a stranger. It was a Phony around her age, a Mer on his scooter, with a big grin that she felt herself responding to with a softer smile of her own.

"Hello," she said, somewhere in the middle of the conversation, her head tilted slightly, nervous little butterflies in her chest.

"I," she began to say, faltering. Was she not meant to be by herself? Was going to the movies something you only did with a friend? Should she have brought Rosary? But Rosary had been busy trying to exorcise their brother again and Witch Hazel wasn't interested in getting dragged into that.

"Um, yes? Yes. I'm by myself." Might as well be honest and decide if being alone here was good or bad depending on his response. Maybe afterwards she could ask him to help her buy a ticket

@thy sorry for the wait Q_Q