News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP Generosity] Toy Shopping (Spring Fling x Aegis)

Started by Erina_Nobara, January 11, 2021, 03:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erina_Nobara

Spring Fling was trotting happily down the road on his way to pick up the newest edition to his collection. The action figure he wanted was supposed to come out today! He had eagerly left home and made his way to the toy store early. Hopefully he wouldn%u2019t have to stand in a line. He was so excited, he tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. %u201COuch!%u201D he said, as he wrinkled his nose at the slight sting that emanated from his kneecaps. But he didn%u2019t let that get him down. He stood right back up and kept on going. He didn%u2019t want to be late and miss out! He nearly charged into the sliding glass doors of the store, he was moving so fast.  %u201CRight on time~%u201D he chimed, as the store had just opened only a moment ago. After grabbing a basket, he scampered off down the isles looking for the display.
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Aegis was off to the store, phony bux in hoof, or well in her saddle really. Today was the day she had eagerly been awaiting for. A certain figurine from a series she had been collecting was just released and she absolutely had to have it. It was the main character in her special armored saddle from season 3 and she wasn't about to sleep in and miss it and have to wait for re stock.

She didn't even bother with a cart and grabbed one of the small arm baskets and hitched it to her saddle and raced down the isles to where they were. Eyes sparkling wide she reached up and grabbed one of the boxes, holding it a moment as if she were holding something extremely valuable and breakable. "Aaahh finally.... Valhallow in all her glory...."

She walked, eyes glued to her figure, letting out a minor squee of joy.

@Erina_Nobara

Erina_Nobara

And low and behold, there it was! A Danstallion, who was also a demon duke from the underworld; a character from season 2 of his favorite show! At the end, on one of the shelves, it was resting. His eyes lit up as he bounded over and picked it up. He added it to his bag and skipped off through the isles towards the registers. He was so overjoyed he didn't even notice another foal, slightly bigger than him, walking down the same isle. He walked, head first, right into her. "Sorr-!" he began to exclaim, when he noticed the toy she was holding. Was that...? Could it be? Vallhallow!? Wait, did that release today too?! Oh gosh, he didn't have enough money for both. And knowing it's rarity it was probably the last one. He found himself staring longingly at the toy.

((I can change the name of his toy btw if she likes something else more. Right now it's a character based of Dantalion to be the opposite of your Valhallow. xD))
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Aegis was head over hoof for her new figure and she hadn't even bought it yet! SO much so she wasn't paying attention and when another foal smacked into her, she gasped and moved so that her figure box didn't get smashed. "Ohy....hey watch it!" she huffed, stomping a back hoof and flaring her wings before realizing the pink colt before her. She hadn't seen him before and he was awfully bright. But clearly also blind. "Pay attention, you could have ruined my figure's box!!!" she hissed, holding up the Valhallow box, not yet noticing the look in his eyes.

@Erina_Nobara

Erina_Nobara

Spring gasped when he realized he could have messed up the box. "Oh no! I didn't mean to do it any harm! I was just distracted I guess," he replied. He was still staring at the Valhallow toy. "S-so you like Valhallow too?" he finally asked, assuming the toy was for her and not someone else. He was curious. He didn't have many friends, and this was an opportunity to talk to another phony with similar interests. But he didn't realize he was still staring. "I like Valhallow too. They are pretty cool don'tcha think?" he asked. "I actually came to get Danstallion today, but....." he trailed off. He kind of wished he had been paying more attention to the release dates. Vallhallow would have been awesome to own too.

@Fealine 
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Aegis put the box carefully back into the basket on her saddle before squinting at the pink colt. He liked Valhallow too?

But he kept calling it a toy....

Her nose wrinkled a bit. "I LOVE Valhallow.... but this isn't a toy. Its a figure. I have a special spot in my case just for her. I don't actually play with them. That ruins the value." she half snorted before realizing that he too had a figure. Exactly the one he had just mentioned. Danstallion. Oh he was so dreamy in the show.... not as much as Valhallow but still...

...wait...

"DANSTALLION RELEASED TODAY TOO?!" she suddenly screeched and looked as if she completely blanked from the world, eyes staring at the sky with a displeased expression on her face. If the colt looked hard enough, he'd probably see the hamster wheels spinning behind her eyes.

@Erina_Nobara

Erina_Nobara

"Yeah! I loved the way she fought Danstallion in episode 11 of season 1."

Spring was happy to meet a fellow fan. He practically wiggled with excitement. He could talk your ear off about his favorite show. Though he was a bit embarrassed when she mentioned that it wasn't a 'toy' and that they weren't for playing with. He wouldn't call what he did, 'playing' exactly. He liked to put them in cool poses and take pictures and then make comics out of the pictures! How could she have such a cool toy and not take it out of the box?! He was in disbelief. But he figured, to each their own.

He covered his ears as Aegis suddenly shrieked about missing Danstallion's release date. "Yeah I nabbed the last one." Spring said. He guessed she was in the same boat as he was; each having forgotten about the other toy. Well this was a predicament. If only there was a solution that would make them both happy.

He thought deeply about it, and what she had said. She seemed like a real professional collector. And he thought she might appreciate Danstallion more than he would. So he finally came up with a solution. If he gave her Danstallion, maybe she'd be happy. After all, he guessed he could wait a bit longer for a restocking.

Plus, maybe in the process, he'd make a new friend. It was worth a shot. "S-so um, I was thinking...if you reallllly wanted Danstallion....." he paused, taking a deep breath. "Maybe we could..." He looked longingly at Vallhallow and then back at Danstallion.

((maybe she can finish his sentence with the word 'trade'? xD that'd catch him by surprise. and then they both can be happy lol))

@Fealine
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

It caught her off guard to see this colt go on about her favorite show and reference things. Like actual show things, scenes that had happened. Moments that took place. He wasn't just a faker collecting cool toys because they looked fun. He actually knew what the show was about!

But she listened to his sentence trail off and she watched him, seeing how his gaze seemed to land on her Valhallow figure.  She seemed to know where  he was going with it but she wasn't entirely sure she liked the idea. Her nose wrinkled slightly. "...trade?" she finished, glancing back down at her figure again.

It wasn't like she couldn't just get another one tomorrow or something at a different store. Heck, she could probably even ask her mom to order her one off the Phonynet. And she really did want Danstallion too, she had missed getting one of his other figures. It would be cool to have him in her collection.

"I suppose.... we could trade.... I would love a Danstallion finally....but..." she found herself faltering a moment, really struggling with the decision.

@Erina_Nobara

Erina_Nobara

"Trade! Yes that," he said, perking up. It seemed they were thinking on the same wavelength. "My name is Spring Fling by the way," he added, realizing he hadn't introduced himself. "It's nice to meet a fellow fan"

But he could see the look on the other phony's face and the tone of their voice. This wouldn't be an easy decision. He could see she loved both characters very much.  He bit his lip and looked back at the toy he was carrying; Danstallion, and then back at Valhallow. He loved them both too. This would be a tough decision. But he told himself to stay positive, regardless of whatever decision was made.

"And um..." he added, "if you DO want to trade, I could throw in something extra. Like some of the series TCG packs or something. If that makes it more appealing." He wasn't sure if adding something extra would cheer her up a little about the situation. But he thought he'd at least try. After all, he had enough bux with him for at least that much.

@Fealine 
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Aegis sighed, listening to the other foal. "Spring Fling eh?" she said softly, not at all excited anymore.

Though when he mentioned TCG packs... she got curious. "What?" she blinked. She hadn't much experience with those but she knew vaguely of them.... but it never seemed like anything she'd collect. Unless... did they have Valhallow cards?

"Um.... I mean maybe? I guess it depends?" she said, walking closer to the bright pink colt. "Ah.. I'm Aegis by the way."

@Erina_Nobara  (sorry its short, I figure he could explain or show her a pack and that would help push her to go for it XD)

Erina_Nobara

"It's nice to meet you Aegis!" Spring replied, offering her a smile. He could see she was hesitant. Maybe if he told her more about the cards she'd be interested? They did have Valhallow and Danstallion cards amongst the other characters after all.

He went on to describe TCGs and why he liked them so much! He was always eager to share information about his hobbies. "So the TCGs for that series are for collecting, and card fights, if you so choose. There's different characters on each one with beautiful card art, all in different rarities. The cards allow you to play out battles. Each card has different stats and abilities, and you use that information to build a deck. It makes for a really fun game. But if you don't want to battle, they also have collector's value. OhMyGosh so like there's these super rare Valhallow and Danstallion cards I heard about!"

He plucked a pack off a nearby rack, to show her. That way she could hold it, feel the package, and imagine the super awesome contents inside! Live, Love, Breathe, TCG.

The more he talked, the more excited he got. "And it's so fun to open a pack! You never know what you're going to get!"

After a while he realized he was probably talking her ear off. He paused a moment, and took a deep breath. "A-anyway, just let me know if you're interested." He blushed a little with embarrassment. He was always so excitable. But this was the first time he'd gotten to discuss something he was passionate about with another phony who felt the same way.

@Fealine
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Oh wow did she probably ask the wrong question... he had just practically told her a novel!

But...the way he did talk about it so enthusiastically did kind of make her interested. She didn't really understand half of what he mentioned about stats and battles. She just liked strong things and seeing those strong things take on other strong things. But the idea of really beautiful art, the fact that it was ok to just simply collect them... and there was rare versions?! She liked rare versions. She especially liked having those rare versions.

When he handed her a card pack, she took it gently, eyeing it and feeling the wrapping beneath her hooves. She imagined opening it and finding a super rare card right on top of her very first package! It, of course, probably didn't happen that way much but the idea sounded fun and strangely addicting. "So you have a lot of these already? I bet you've got some pretty good ones." she said, looking back at her Valhallow figure before back at the pack of cards. "I... I don't think I really get it.. but it sounds fun....and well. Maybe I'd like to give it a try." she said softly, looking a bit....embarrassed? Somehow?

She took a moment and a few deep breaths before holding out the Valhallow figure to him, albeit with a bit of a shaky leg. "H-h-here then. We can trade... if you throw in some cards like you said." she said, puffing out her cheeks. She looked and sounded angry but her cheeks were tinted slight red and there was a sparkle in her eye she couldn't quite hide. "But let me repay you next time....okay....and um.... would you help me learn how to do the cards?" she blinked sheepishly, reaching over to pull a few more packs off the shelf that she intended to buy to get herself started.

@Erina_Nobara

Erina_Nobara

Spring's eyes grew wide in surprise. Aegis was actually interested in the cards and a trade! He was overjoyed. He could see the bashfulness, and sparkle in Aegis' eyes as she slowly held out Valhallow to him. He knew this must be kind of difficult for her, and yet here she was agreeing to trade. He couldn't be more thankful. He was so glad he had come to the store and met her today!

His heart was pounding a million miles a minute as he gently reached out to take the Valhallow figure. He practically lit up with joy when it was in his hooves. "Thank you!"

And in exchange he held out his figure of Danstallion! "Take good care of him," he said as he handed him over.

"Oh and you don't have to repay me. But that's very generous of you! I'd be more than happy to help you with the cards!" He wore a big smile on his face. If she really wanted to repay him, just hanging out together would be the best thing ever!

"Pick out which packs you'd like, and I'll get them for you! Feel free to smell them, feel them, listen to them, and stare at them until you find the perfect card packs for you!" He encouraged all methods of examining card packs. Well.....except tasting. The store manager usually gave him dirty looks and forced him to buy whatever he slobbered on. So he didn't really recommend that.

He tried to be patient as he waited for her to decide on which she wanted. But he was wiggling back and forth in a dance-like manner as he watched. He was eager to see what cards she got, and even help her build a deck!

"And then we can walk to the register together~"

In his mind, today was a great day!

@Fealine
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Aegis took the Danstallion and couldn't help but softly smile. He was kinda goofy and overly energetic but he had his charm. At apparently vast knowledge of this trading card thing. While she wasn't sure she was going to actually sniff the card packs she did stare at them for a while, trying to feel with her eyes which had the best cards. Finally she settled on four packs her eyes kept wandering back too for whatever reason and scooped them up into her hooves. "I think these ones." she nodded, turning back and watching him practically bounce in excitement.

"Woah there, calm down, you might explode." she half laughed before fluttering her wings awkwardly. "Um.... thanks... for showing me this." she said as she turned and gestured for him to follow her to the register. She still wanted that Valhallow figure but she didn't have enough to buy that and the cards and well.... the cards seemed new and shiny enough that she could probably wait a week for the figure. Besides, he seemed really happy to get Valhallow. Like really really REALLY happy. And somehow making another colt that happy just kinda felt alright for her strange view of the world.

"So um... you'll tell me what I get when I open them, right?" she asked kind of shyly.

@Erina_Nobara

Erina_Nobara

Now that she had picked out the packs she wanted, he was ready to head with her to the counter to check out.

He couldn't hide his excitement. His whole body was practically vibrating in place. As Aegis thanked him, his eyes practically glittered with joy. "Aww shucks. It was no trouble!"

As he walked with her to pay, he chatted more about Vallhallow and Danstallion with her. "Of course I'll tell you all about the cards you get!"

He would be happy to spend more time with his new friend and watch her open her card packs! They could spend the rest of the day having fun together!

THE END

@Fealine
Hello everyone~!!!