News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[Kindness ORP] The Granny Garden Crusade

Started by Ruriska, January 11, 2021, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruriska

"It will be good for everyone," Cirrus had explained, anxious as usual, dark bags under his eyes from another sleepless night. He'd gotten a lot better now that they'd grown up a bit but he still seemed certain that the second he let his children out of his sight they would be snatched up or struck by lighting.

Or turn into evil baby snatching swamp demons, which honestly the chances weren't half bad. Even Witch Hazel thought their mother's pond was quite nice, especially in the summer.

Which was why Cirrus had spent a lot of their youth mentioning how good it was to be nice and kind and do good. It had mostly sunk into their mind except for Cadejo, who was simply a lost cause though Cirrus had yet to realize his son was a little psychopath.

And that led to here and now, Witch Hazel standing outside the house of some old granny who could no longer take care of her yard, a tangled mess of tall grass, stinging nettle and blackberry bushes with alarmingly large thorns. She had all the tools required... and no siblings in sight.

Her mouth pressed into a thin line.

Well, it was time to 'show some kindness' to their neighbours as Cirrus had put it while drowning himself in another cup of tea. It was a good thing she liked gardening.

Syrcaid

Live and Let Wine had spent the whole of her life made to be prim and proper.  She wore luxurious things, though they were her mother's hand-me-downs.  For the wealthy, hand-me-downs were what others would call "practically new".  She often wore real gold or name brand, but it really meant very little to her.  She was an only child and terribly lonely.

Live had just been happening by with a large sun hat and large sunglasses when she saw the state of the house's yard.  She stopped to look it over, pulling down her shades to get a good look.

"My goodness," she said.  "I bet tigers could live in there and no one would be any wiser."

Fealine

Aegis ambled by, bored out of her mind. She couldn't find any of her siblings and she didn't feel like visiting him down at the carnival today. He had eaten up all her bits as it were. And she didn't exactly have many friends, except Catwalk, but she wasn't quite sure where the other filly was. Instead, she was simply wandering around without direction.

At least until she saw a brown filly staring at an aweful mess of a yard. "Tigers, lions and bears." She added onto the other fillies thoughts before spotting the tan and green one up front. "Ohy, you almost blended in there. This.....Er....yours?"

@Syrcaid @Ruriska

Ruriska

She was pulling on the protective gardening hoof-gloves when Live and Let Wine arrived and she had to agree. Tigers, lions and bears could be wandering about in the undergrowth.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Witch Hazel sighed.

And then there were three.

Witch Hazel's mouth quirked up slightly when a newcomer voiced the same words she had been thinking. "No, it's not mine. It belongs to an old lady and I am here to help clean it up for her." She decided not to add that she had been volunteered and then abandoned by her siblings.

It was only the love she had for her father that made her pick up the little trowel instead of walking away. "Well, wish me luck," she said, nodding to the other two, both of whom looked far too glamorous to be standing next to such a messy garden.

@Syrcaid
@Fealine

Chrys

He came to a natural pause when he saw the babbens gathered around what looked like a swamp pit that had taken over a yard, frowning to himself.  Surely, only trouble would follow a group that would lollygag around some unkempt property; even from across the way, he could see the thorns and burrs, could foresee them stuck in manes and tails and hooves without caution --

And then he saw Witch Hazel.  If possible, his frown deepened, exhaling sharply through his nose as he flit across the road and over the two near by, landing next to the pale filly as if he had been summoned against his will.  Mercy surveyed the damage of the yard, noted the tools in Witch Hazel's magic, and was able to piece together at least some of the story.

Here they were again.  Doing for others in which they would not, or could not, do for themselves.

"Can I help?" he asked with surprising delicacy for his own nature, using a little puff of his wings to 'sweep' some of the leaves in the very small clearing together.

(( @Ruriska , @Syrcaid , @Fealine <3 ))

Erina_Nobara

Spring Fling was coming back from handing out tickets for a festival when he nearly bumped into Wine who had stopped to stare at someone's yard. He apologized immediately. "Sorry!" he exclaimed, before looking to see what this other phony had been staring at. "Woooow," he whispered, at the state of things. "It looks like a jungle!"

He walked over to the gate and peered closer. Oh hey, there were other phonies in there! And the one seemed about to start gardening. He couldn't help but think that it looked like a big job. Maybe he should help. He trotted over, as best he could through the mess of a yard, and offered his assistance. After all, he had nothing better to do that day. And he couldn't very well leave without at least offering to assist with clean up.

@Ruriska , @Syrcaid , @Fealine , @Chrys
Hello everyone~!!!

Fealine

Aegis snorted and rolled her eyes at the colt that flew over her head and cast a side glance at the other filly she had stopped beside. And then another colt bumped into her. Hadn't she seen him at a toy store before? "Seems like a party...." she said, mostly to herself before fluffing out her wings and trotting over to Witch Hazel. "Clearly you can't do this by yourself and I doubt those silly tools are going to help much. Let me." she grinned, rolling her shoulders as if she were ready to throw a punch. She stopped over to a spot of weeds, glaring down at them with a smirk before ripping them out of the ground with near barbaric force for a filly - though she was a carousel so she was at least a tad bigger than the others. (She liked to throw that around).

Turning back towards the other foals she grinned. "I'll be your muscle." she about posed. Someday she could be helping protect someone through a real jungle, maybe this would be good practice.

@Ruriska @Syrcaid @Chrys @Erina_Nobara

elvyralani

Peach was on her way to the market to get supplies to experiment more with cooking. That's when she saw the gathering of other young phonies. Well first she saw the large overgrown yard which seems like it could have hidden a house behind it from the right angle. Though was it a garden? Could she make a new friend that could perhaps help her with produce?
The filly made her way towards the group and peaked her head in their directions. "Could you all use some more help?"

FrostyPeaches

The little mer found another excuse to get to explore away from the water today and just chilled on his hover-board until he ran into a group of little babbins like himself. He listened to what was going on and when he saw the overgrown grass in the old mare's lawn he couldn't keep quiet anymore.

Eyes widened he was shocked at the sight. "WOAH, this place is like overgrown kelp but above water!" He zoomed around on his board and wondered what to do. "Anywhere specifically that I need to be to tame this mess?" he called to the crowd.

The little mer watched the others and looked at his own hooves. Not really sure who to ask he just shouted really loud hoping one of them would pay attention to him. "ALSO, DO I NEED TO DIG WITH MY OWN HOOVES OR IS THERE SOMETHING I  COULD USE?"
so sleepyyy ;-;

Syrcaid

(OOC: Yikes, I need to catch up! Hold on, I'm old!)

Quote from: Fealine on January 11, 2021, 09:11:06 PMAt least until she saw a brown filly staring at an aweful mess of a yard. "Tigers, lions and bears." She added onto the other fillies thoughts before spotting the tan and green one up front. "Ohy, you almost blended in there. This.....Er....yours?"

"No, it's not mine," Live laughed.  "My parents never leave a plot of land alone long enough for weeds to grow like this.  There'd be about twenty or so hired hooves all over it by now."

Quote from: Ruriska on January 11, 2021, 09:16:22 PM
"Well, wish me luck," she said, nodding to the other two, both of whom looked far too glamorous to be standing next to such a messy garden.

"Wait, you intend to clean this up all by your lonesome?"  Live blinked.  Others were stepping up to offer assistance, she noted.  "Why, when we can all pitch in and make it go so much faster?  I know a lot about soil and what plants are okay to let grow.  Not every weed is a bad weed, just the ones that choke out plants you need to grow."

@Ruriska @Fealine

Ruriska

She only managed one step towards her fate before a familiar face arrived and Witch Hazel considered Mercy[for a moment, a fellow fighter striving to make the world a better place and said, trying not to seem too obviously overwhelmed with gratitude, "yes please."

But he wasn't the only one. The edge of the garden was becoming quite crowded, much to her surprise. Her siblings hadn't managed to show up (yet) but help was arriving in the form of an enthusiastic army of peers. It almost made her wish she went to a proper school, then she might know some of their names.

"I-" was the only response she managed to utter when Aegis stomped over before biting her tongue to stop from the instinctive 'I can do it on my own'. Witch Hazel watched as the other filly ripped some weeds out of the ground and rethought her original opinion. She was not glamorous at all. She was terrifying.

"Thank you", she said instead, knowing she might as well take advantage of the situation. "You're very strong. You can be on weed duty. You're really good at it."

Then there were more questions and some yellow guy shouting at the back and she barely covered a flinch. Well, time to sort this out before she decided to run into the jungle and not return.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for offering your help. An old lady owns this house and needs us to clean up the garden. I've got a few gardening supplies that we can share out and any assistance is appreciated," she said to the group.

She nodded at Wine gratefully. "I know a few things about plants too but mostly their uses, not how they grow, so that would be very helpful."

[spoiler]@Syrcaid @Fealine @Chrys @Erina_Nobara @FrostyPeaches @elvyralani ralani  [/spoiler]

Syrcaid

(OOC: Hope it's okay to post after 24 hours. XD!)

Quote from: Ruriska on January 13, 2021, 01:09:52 AM
She nodded at Wine gratefully. "I know a few things about plants too but mostly their uses, not how they grow, so that would be very helpful."

"My name is Live and Let Wine, how do you do!" she nodded, smiling.

She came up closer to the yard and got a good look.  The grass was so tall she could barely make out any hint of sidewalk or path leading to the front door.

"Well, some plants are great for bees and you want a few bee buddies," she said as she removed her sunglasses and shoved them into a purse that was almost too large for her.  She kept her sun hat on, though, she didn't want to bake in the sun.  "Just point me in the right direction, dear, I'm dying to do something with my own four hooves instead of having someone do it for me.  I can't tell you how miserable it is when that's an ONLY option."

@Ruriska

Erina_Nobara

Spring decided he would stick around. He smiled at Witch Hazel, who seemed grateful for everyone's help. He looked for an extra pair of gloves, while listening to the others talk. "My name is Spring Fling," he replied, deciding to throw that out there in case anyone wanted his attention. Upon finding some gloves, he put them on and began his attempt at getting rid of all those weeds. He yanked hard, pulling them up and placing them in a bag to put out for yard waste pick up later. He hummed a little as he worked; figuring music would make the time go by faster. If they really applied themselves and made a team effort, surely this yard would look beautiful when they were done.
Hello everyone~!!!

FrostyPeaches

QuoteThen there were more questions and some yellow guy shouting at the back and she barely covered a flinch. Well, time to sort this out before she decided to run into the jungle and not return.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for offering your help. An old lady owns this house and needs us to clean up the garden. I've got a few gardening supplies that we can share out and any assistance is appreciated," she said to the group.

"Where would you want me to start? I got a hoverboard," he called out to her. "I'm Wave Watcher, not a 4 legged one like you all though!"

He looked around and was certain that he was the odd one out...

@Ruriska
(Sorry my brain refused to rp words the past few days)
so sleepyyy ;-;

Fealine

Aegis grinned. "Don't worry, I wont hurt ya. Just the weeds." she winked at Witch Hazel before marching over to a rather nasty looking spot of plant growth. Some had thorns, some didn't and some just looked like a wild mess.

She listened as the tan filly she first ran into seemed to describe plants like she knew them so she cast a sort of rough but shy glance over. "So...um... are all these bad?" she pointed at the patch she was in front of. "Ya know, before I just go crazy and yeet them all." she grinned, puffing out her chest.

@Ruriska @Syrcaid