News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP Loyalty] Strength and Loyalty [Aegis x Oathkeeper]

Started by Fealine, January 11, 2021, 10:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruriska

Oathkeeper's head tilted thoughtfully. "That's a good point. I'll keep in mind. But even so, I'm no lady." She was firm on that. To her a lady was someone who fought with words and intentions, not with their body. That was a different sort of strength to her own.

The older Phony nodded as Aegis squared up, ready for training. "Good." Without warning, Oathkeeper struck, one solid blow that she hoped would knock the young carousel over. She did so without mercy or regret. As far as she was concerned, the only way to learn was by experience.

"Lesson number one is always be prepared," she said sternly, looking down, "and lesson number two is to always get back up, no matter what."

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis had been lost in total admiration when suddenly a hoof connected to her face and she felt herself go flying.

And not of her own volition.

Tumbling head over hooves, Aegis tried to right herself but the momentum and the sudden flap of her wings only helped to send her all the way over as she landed on her back, butt in the air, eyes crossed and spinning.

Lesson one; always be prepared.

When the filly was able to finally catch her breath all she could do was roll over, shakily get her feet under her and stare. "Wow....." she breathed shakily, seeing both stars and.... was that hearts??

Lesson Two; always get back up.

Grunting, Aegis pushed her hooves under her more firmly and stood, waddling at first but eventually taking her place back in front of Oathkeeper, face scrunched in determination, though a hint of heat to her cheeks. "I'm ready now. Sir Oath." she added. This indeed was no lady, this was an almost real world incarnation of her favorite tv show heroine Valhallow.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Once again Oathkeeper nodded, sharply and with respect, as Aegis returned to her hooves after taking the blow like a champ. She didn't cry or carry on like other kids might. No, instead there was a determination to the young Carousel that Oathkeeper felt a kinship to.

They were gonna get along great!

And Aegis was going to spend a lot of time getting knocked over, so Oathkeeper kindly decided not to teach her the first and second lesson again already, instead moving closer.

"Yes you are," Oath said. "Or you will be, once I sort out that stance. It's the most important part of a fight. Not even raw strength will help if your stance is a mess. Legs like this," she began prodding Aegis into position, "chin tucked, stay relaxed but keep your stomach muscles tensed, don't sit flat on your hooves, you need to be ready to move," and so on.

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, realizing that for once she was actually....genuinely smiling.

She moved as Oathkeeper posed her into place and took to memorizing how this stance felt, how her muscles felt contracting as she had been instructed too. But her mind also whirled with excitement that this was now going to be her usual norm and she grinned even harder. Before their training came to an end, Aegis made sure to ask when and where they could meet again and made sure that she'd never miss a single second of any session.

She wanted to be the most loyal squire as well as a loyal bodyguard for whoever she'd be protecting in the hopefully not to distant future.

@Ruriska (aand end i believe <3)