News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

Lost...and Found?! A Surprise CYOA

Started by Ph0ny, January 24, 2022, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

"I'm running!!" Paper Tiger wailed in positive response to Itsy Bitsy, before throwing herself dramatically on the ends of Bullseye's long locks because she had to*.

(*She did not have to.)

Blinded By Silence

Sworn-Sword had reveled in her ride on the back of the transmorpher - Wow, how had she gotten that wrong? He was so obviously from season four, now that he was in his vehicle form! Either way, the ride had been just so cool that she had almost forgotten the dangers of the adventure. The fun was short-lived, however. It seemed the group did not know anything about the missing Phonies. They did give them a sweet radio, though! It felt good knowing they had backup if they needed it.

It didn't take long for the calm to erupt into chaos as hungry mouths tore through the plastic around them. Everyone scrambled, panicked, and Ess heard Itsy-Bitsy lead the children away. She ran too, following the herd of little ones hoping to help Itsy protect them.

B: Run!

FrostyPeaches

Again, this sudden terrifying moment reminded the pastel earth pony of another movie she had watched a long time ago but, not wanting to jump to any conclusions, she hoped that whatever it was will get full from consuming all this leftover junk. Sshe herself would most likely turn hangry too without food.

But the problem got a bit complicated as Bullseye felt a sudden heavy pull on her hairs. She smiled knowing that the bab didn't die yet and wanted to live on and was crying tears from the painful pulling of her beautiful hairs. "Hold on tight!" she shouted at Paper Tiger as she climbed higher up the pile of plastic trash toward the utmost highest point. Pulling on her own hair to lift the bab up higher with her, she needed to check the current surroundings, and - if it is safe enough- she could yeet the bab toward safety away from these sharp rows of teeth... the door is just further up ahead into the darkness right? ?

** what Bullseye imagined she'd do to fling the bab to safety **

"I'll do what it takes to keep you alive! Trust me," even if she can't save both of them in the end, at least she can try to keep Paper Tiger alive...even if it literally meant to die trying XD
so sleepyyy ;-;

Scaramouche Fandango

Much to the chagrin of the phony crew, brightly-colored beasts emerge from the plastic, swallowing everything that they can. It's a close call for some of the phonies, but out of nowhere, long arms rescue them just in the nick of time. "Look out!" someone shouts. "They'll swallow you whole!" It's a swift, rough rescue from the hungry, hungry hippos, and before the gang knows it, they've been swept to safety by the longest arms imaginable. It's more humanoids! Their bodies are relatively normally proportioned, but their arms and legs are wildly elastic. The small group is dressed as commandos, with bandanas holding back their... molded hair (clearly just for looks) and armor made out of discarded junk. The leader, who's got Ender under one arm and Itsy Bitsy under the other, gently places the phonies down. They're on top of a mountain of plastic, the hippos crunching away below. She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Hippos. Another brilliant idea for getting rid of the plastic. Somebody upstairs got wind of this old plan for controlling water hyacinth by introducing hippos wherever the plant was invasive. What they didn't pay attention to was the fact that this never went through because it's a stupid, stupid plan. They put those things down here ages ago, and yeah, they do eat the plastic. Of course, they eat everything else, too. If the topsiders ever plan on using this place, they've just made more trouble for themselves by bringing in the hippos. Serves them right, too. They made this mess, and they've got no interest in cleaning it up properly. But I'm guessing you're not down here for the plastic." She shrugs, readjusting her arms. "The name's Catch Strongarm. These are my siblings, Sketch and Fetch, and- you guys are phonies, right?"

End of an Era nods, taken aback by the sudden rescue from danger.

"Thought so. We wondered why you hadn't sent in a rescue party yet, but figured maybe you... hadn't been allowed to, what with everything that's down here. You lost some friends a while back, yeah? The same monster that has our dad locked up has your pals caged, too. We've been trying to get them all free for years now, but with just the three of us... it hasn't gone so well. We got the Faux to help once, but even their firepower couldn't help get us over the river, and they've got that rogue nanite stream to control. Come back to our place, we'll get you something to eat and explain what our plan is."

This is exciting. This, finally, is good news. It seems like the Strongarms know what's going on, and they've got some idea to do something about it. It's not a long walk back to their home: an upended shipping container half-buried in the plastic. It's strong enough so that the hippos can't get in, and the Strongarms have several delightful varieties of mushrooms to eat. Of course, it's only mushrooms, but any port in a storm.

"As you've probably seen, this is a lot more than just a garbage dump. You throw enough nanites and nanite-driven prototypes away, you get a whole ecosystem. And not all of that ecosystem's friendly. There's a big ol' monster down at the bottom of this hellhole, and that's where your friends are, as well as our dad and a few other prisoners. We don't really know what they're doing with them or why they're keeping them, but we've done some scouting and we think we know how to get them free. The problem is, there's too many traps and goons between us and them. We've tried rescue attempts before, but it's never worked.

Our last attempt... really didn't go so good, although it looks like one of you got away." Catch ruffles Paper Tiger's mane gently. "You got swept up in the river, and we were all afraid you were lost. Glad you made it out in one piece. It's real brave of you to come back down here." She turns back to the group, counting heads and noticing wings.

"But now that you're here... well, it might turn the tide. We have a plan to get everybody out, your guys included. We'll split into three groups. One group will lead an attack and act as a distraction, while the others do the bulk of the rescuing. The biggest problem will be the river. It's a toxic mess of acidic garbage juice and molten plastic, and it's really hot. We've tried to bridge it in the past but..."
Catch lifts her arm, and you can see a long scar down it. "I had to silicone it back together, and the gel inside is still a little underfilled to this day. It melts polymers, the river. That's why we scavenge down here, hoping to find enough metal to put a bridge together. We've tried to break off pieces of scaffolding, but we don't have the manpower to carry it. But now you're here, and we can hopefully get the scaffolding over the river. The distraction team will keep the goons busy, the bridge team will hold the bridge in place, and the rescue team will help get our dad and your friends and the rest of the captives out of the jail. It's risky, and it'll take some work to get down there, but I know we can do it. If one of you has a better plan, or a better idea, feel free to let us know– we just want our dad back."

It's then you realize how young these sculpted faces look. Catch is the oldest and she can't be rated for more than ages 12 and up. Sketch and Fetch look even younger.

"So if that sounds good to you, what role do you want to take? I'm going to lead the bridge team- that's the most dangerous and requires the most strength. The rescue team will need the most speed, and Fetch is leading it, and then the distraction team needs the most daring. Sketch has that one. What'll it be?"

Which team will you join?
A. Distraction Team
B. Bridge Team
C. Rescue Team

@FrostyPeaches @Maxx @Jun @Ruriska @Blinded By Silence @thy @purpleroses @Nym @Syrcaid

Ruriska

As Itsy Bitsy continued trying to save the children, the ground rumbled ominously beneath her hooves and she was certain this was the end of her rather short-lived life. Was this what a poor spider felt like just before it was squashed by a rolled up newspaper? 

But just when it seemed all was lost, she was suddenly in the air, dangling in the long-armed grasp of a strange savior. When her hooves touched the ground again, far away from the... plastic eating hippos? she let out a relieved sigh and did a quick headcount.

Yes, all present. Everyone was fine.

There was a lot of information to process in the coming moments. Itsy Bitsy was beginning to feel as if she'd stepped into a movie or one of her adventure novels. It all felt rather daring when watching or reading but being part of it was another thing entirely.

She was very much missing her quiet little house.

Her spider legs flexed anxiously, the tips tapping together as she thought. As much as she feared taking part in such a dangerous endeavour, there were lives to be saved and the Strongarms seemed so young. They shouldn't have to shoulder this burden alone.

"I will join the bridge team," Itsy Bitsy volunteered. She would much prefer to take on a dangerous part in place of any children, and as for strength, well... her extra limbs would surely come in handy.

B. Bridge Team

Maxx

Paper Tiger, chewing on some mushrooms, listened as attentively as her little brain would allow her. She didn't remember any of this, it was probably the trauma (or mushrooms, given the Strongarms' familiarity towards her). She nodded like she was expected to, with her mouth full of mushrooms.

"I had to come back," she said bravely and muffedly, "everyone is still here."

(If she had remembered everything, she may not have. Perhaps she would? In any case, here she was.)

"I'll go with the A. distraction team," Paper Tiger decided. The rest sounded too functionally necessary.

Jun

"Uhhhhhh, I'm not very strong, and I'm not very daring," Diamond said, looking around at the other Phonies, "so I guess I'll go with the Rescue Team."

The wings had to count for something, right? ...Right?

C. Rescue Team

purpleroses

Torte was determined. They were so close to their goal, close to rescuing the few phonies who remained in here, bringing them back to the surface where their families were. They could bring peace back. And uh. Maybe have nightmares about this place forever! She cracked her horsey knuckles in the way only a little phony could, and spoke up. "I'll join the distraction team. I got enough chutzpah for three phonies!"

She glanced at Paper Tiger with a big grin. Torte wasn't planning on letting any more poor ponies spend another moment unlawfully incarcerated!

A. Distraction Team

FrostyPeaches

A. Distraction Team

Bullseye gave a sigh of relief that they slipped past danger again. She is adventurous but just how many messed up scrapped ideas are living inside this cave? it seems like the entrances can be from the side, the top, through a door, what about from the bottom? when will they be done? will they be stuck in this cave forever?

She gasped when she saw how long their saviours' limbs were...definitely a turn off in her books, but they way they dangled she wondered how the nanites even functioned through it all. Waving her own leg to watch it move, she couldn't compare herself to these.. these... wiggly limbs..

Staring at them as she listened to their plan, her nanites heart did a dive into her belly as she heard that the team needs to split up into smaller teams. They do realise there aren't many of us here? are they making the babbins do work? the old enoughs to permabab ratio is just a liiiiitle off balance...

She herself had no interest in doing laborious work that could ruin her beautiful long hair or scar her legs so joining the bridge team was a big no no. However, she took a while to decide between Distracting and Rescuing. Ears wriggling to one side as she listened to where Paper Tiger was headed off to, Bullseye had witnessed that this bab will just stop functioning when danger is thrown at her face, and couldn't help but volunteer some of her own time to watch over her. "So, that's that," she said. "Sign me up with Distraction team." Time to make a fool out of myself when the times comes huh? she chuckled at the strange situation she had gotten herself into. I can't believe i'm actually going to protect a little pony. it must be the motherly nanites acting up inside of me....and i don't even have kids!. "I got your back, little one," she called out to the stripey permabab who was busily stuffing her face full of mushrooms...

...and walked over to the surplus of mushrooms herself too, while she waited for the rest of the group to choose teams. She hasn't eaten anything since they arrived at this place, and of course she wanted to take a nibble.. but which ones? Pacing back and forth, she swallowed hard as hunger hits her, "Oooohh they all look really good...what do i do...." Hesitant to eat any of it, not knowing where the wiggly humanoids had acquired these mushrooms, she looked up at the scrapped plastic junk pile just behind Paper Tiger and wondered if those are edible down here...
so sleepyyy ;-;

Syrcaid

Nightvine watched, listened, and followed as the others were rescued, brought to their... home?  He looked around saw...

"Mushrooms!  Finally, something I recognize!"  He browsed them like he was greeting old friends and ate them in a certain order as though he was at a fancy restaurant. "This is the life," he sighed.  "Maybe I'll ask Dad if I can start growing edible mushrooms on his garden plot," he mused as he ate.

He listened to Stretch and thought on it, more cheerful than he'd been in a while.

"I think I'll go Bridge Team," he decided.  "It's no good being rescued if there's no safe way back out! I've got magic, I can see in the dark, so I think I can do it."

B. Bridge Team

thy

Rescuers!

Lemma listened intently to the story they spun, wishing she'd brought something along to jot down notes. Still: she didn't have a better idea right now, and working in teams would be the best. She wasn't particularly strong, especially compared to a grown up, and she wasn't sure she could call herself daring, exactly...

She wasn't speedy, either, but at least she was agile. "I'll be rescue team as well," she decided, scurrying over to Fetch.

Nym

Weatherly didn't have a generally high opinion of himself, so settling on something that was attuned to his talents was... well, hard, to say the least. Eventually, he settled on the task that he resonated the most with.

Helping others.

"I'll be on the rescue team," he nervously offered, stepping forward. "I'll do my best to not be in the way."

C. Rescue Team

Blinded By Silence

Ess waffled, unsure. Each team was very important and succeeding on any of them would mark her as a hero. But one option was listed as more dangerous and, well, she thought, you can't be brave if you're not in danger, right? But then again, the distraction team required daring, which... She had that didn't she? Hm... She pulled s penny from her saddlebag and flipped it, nodding as she looked at the result.

"I'd like to join the distraction team!" She said boldly.

A: Distraction Team

Scaramouche Fandango

"Great!" Catch says. "Now that we've got that figured out, it's time for a rest. We need to do this at peak performance. Is anyone thirsty? I forgot to show you- we condense water, so we've got a clean source of that, too. Have some. We'll get a couple hours of shuteye just to refresh, and then we'll head down. There's some traps on the way- the monster  and its minions are pretty fiendish, and they've got their territory staked out but good.

After a nap and refreshments (the mushrooms really were safe!), it's time to go. The Strongarms lead the way down some scaffolding to what appears to be a solid level of plastic with a large passage excavated through it.

"The waste down here is a lot more solid than what's up top. That's part of what makes it so dangerous- it's harder to see the obstacles. The chemical runoff's another problem, but that bridge will burn when we get to it. For now, we have to worry about... well, I'll show you. Watch."

She stretches out a long, long leg and taps the ground. Immediately, there's a whistling noise as a metal dart with a short double-tailed denim streamer comes shrieking down from the ceiling. It sticks in the plastic and wobbles a little bit, the streamers flapping about like laundry on a line. Catch kicks it, knocking it over so that you can see how sharp the ends are.

"Lawn jorts. One of the worst ideas for a toy I've ever seen. They got recalled faster than you can say "class action lawsuit," and well, they ended up down here. When this cavern was excavated, they made it pretty stable, but there's still some stuck in the ceiling. You'll need to walk very carefully through here, but if one comes down, be ready to dodge it. You could also try sprinting, or going really slow- we're talking super deliberate steps. Sprinting will dislodge some, but if you keep going, you probably won't get hit. For those of you with wings, you could try fluttering- that should be ok if you stick low enough to the ground. But go too high and knock one loose and you might get grounded permanently. We'll go one at a time, to minimize the risk. I'll go first. Once I'm across, the rest of you can come through. Be careful. I have a patch kit, but you guys are a lot more... fleshy, somehow, than we are."

What will you do?
A: Walk lightly.
B: Walk slowly.
C: Sprint for your life.
D: Screw this, I've got wings (fly).

@Blinded By Silence @Nym @thy @Syrcaid @Maxx @Jun @Ruriska @FrostyPeaches @purpleroses

purpleroses

Torte almost wanted to laugh at the lawn jorts. She loved darts at the bar... but this was way deadlier! She glanced back at some of the other phonies. They didn't all have wings but... that really wasn't her problem. She was born to fly, and she wasn't going to walk if it was safer this way. Sorry! She'd keep an eye out if someone needed some help sprinting across.

It was a shame that this children's toy was recalled, rather than properly marketed to grown phonies. She desperately wanted to play it. With her drinking buddies. While being piss-drunk. She was well aware that was also a crazy stupid idea, but she lived for the thrill and would be making the conscious decision as a grown woman to be a complete fucking idiot. There'd be a lot less lawsuits that way too.

D. Flying