News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] Some sisterly advice [Aegis x Error]

Started by Fealine, May 24, 2021, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fealine

Aegis had a conundrum.

She had been training for a while now with Oathkeeper and really enjoyed her time with the other filly, learning the best ways to efficiently punch, kick and preserve her stamina. For a filly, she felt she had gained some moderately nice muscle and things that were hard or taxing on her felt easier by the day. But it still felt like something was just missing, and she couldn't figure out what it was. Something that not even Oathkeeper had the answers for right now.

So the filly had an idea.

Her adoptive older sister was... something of a force to be reckoned with and took out plenty of nasties. Maybe she could help? Or at least Aegis hoped so. She found herself at the door to big sister Error's house and drew in a deep breath, pushing out a hoof to knock.

"Erm...hello?"

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

System Error was curled up in the gaming chair at her desk, hooves comfortably clacking away at the keys.  She'd been working on a small coding project to impress a particular feisty mare in a stained hoodie that she liked to wear on her off days.  A mostly eaten bowl of popcorn sat on her desk, the contents now primarily consisting of the partially popped kernels.  The mer took a pause in her typing to carefully pick what remaining edible pieces she could find out of the bowl, when suddenly she heard a knock at the door.

For a moment Error tensed.  You never knew when a rival or someone else wanted to take you out.  But then she heard a familiar small voice at the door. 

One of her parents' kids.  The mer pushed herself away from the desk and up from her seat, popping the few pieces of popcorn she'd scavenged into her mouth.  She wasn't the greatest with children, but she did hold her parents in high esteem and the feelings she had for her siblings she thought might of been sort of akin to love.  Sort of.  Error often found it hard to pinpoint quite what her positive feelings were when she had them after all the negative sludge she had to drudge through.

Pulling open the door, she stood back to examine her sister.  She didn't look hurt, at least not more than usual given how scrappy she was.  Error liked that about her, a trait she shared with her sister and her father.

"Yo.  What'cha need?"

@Fealine
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Fealine

Every time Aegis saw Error she always felt a bit overwhelmed and in awe at the mer, some from her beauty and unique looks, other from just the attitude she usually had. It caused a small lump in her throat but she swallowed it and took another breath. "HI... sis. I was actually hoping.... I could ask you some questions?" she said straight out, not bothering to beat about the bush.

She glanced past Error before looking back at the mer, wondering if she'd be chased off or not. "I mean, like. About what you do.... and stuff." she said, hoping the other would catch her meaning and she could at least come in side. "I wont take too much time, really. This just doesn't feel like something dad or mom would be good at....oh don't tell them I said that, please?" she added quickly, ruffling the feathers of her wings a bit as she settled them next to her saddle.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

Huh...  That was weird.

The mer stepped to the side, wordlessly gesturing the younger phony in.

Once the filly was safely inside she shut the door, locking the deadbolt, before heading back to the space that served as both her living room and office.  Error flopped down on the couch, fully expecting her sister to follow her without explicit instruction to do so.  She played with her hair as she waited for the carousel to catch up.

"So, do mama and papa know you're interested in my line of work?"  She yelled over her shoulder towards the hall.

@Fealine
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Fealine

OH good she hadn't showed her off.... yet.

Aegis let out a breath of relief as she was allowed inside and followed in, curious as to what Error's place really looked like. She half smirked as she followed after the Mer and found a spot on the couch that she hoped wasn't in the way. "Proooobably not, and I'm not sure... I am either... in a way." she frowned, taking a moment to think about what she needed to ask and how to say it.

"How does it make you feel? Like, do you feel bad about it? Or is it literally just like a job??" she tilted her head, her eyes stern and serious despite the fact that her voice might have trembled a little bit. She had another question on the tip of her tongue but she held back on it a moment.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

"Well you are a little young to getting into this kind of stuff..."

How did it make her feel?  Well that was a loaded question.  She did enjoy the violence like her father, but her work went a little farther into the darkness than her father's did.

"Depends," the mer gave a shrug.  "The adrenaline rush feels really good and so does the power, but there's guilt too.  I try to remain detached you know, better for the job, and it's easier if you think of it as like a game.  All jobs have something to make you feel like shit about them though.  With customer service it's rude customers, with art it's making a costly mistake that wastes valuable materials." 

She twisted in her seat to look at her little sister.  "Why?  What were you thinking?"

@Fealine

Fealine

She enjoyed it but felt guilty too?

The response made Aegis frown and she brought a hoof up to her chin and tapped it. Should she also feel guilty about wanting to punch others faces in for talking bad about her family or.. Oath? Or anyone else she was protecting for that matter? "Um." she stammered before shaking her head. "So I really enjoy beating up others. I mean, sometimes they just kinda deserve it ya know? A good hoof to the face." she laughed, a grin appearing for a moment. "But it also feels, I don't know, incomplete almost? Like what am I getting out of it?" she said, glancing up at Error.

Was she making any sense at all?

Probably not.

Sighing again, Aegis forced out her other question. "How did you know that kind of stuff.... was right? That that's what you wanted to do?"

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

Oh.  Error blinked.

"Well look at you all grown up," the mer couldn't help but snicker as she reached towards her sister's head to give her a noogie.  "You're talking about your purpose."  She nodded her head sagely, maybe kids weren't as hard to figure out as she thought.  It'd certainly be interesting to see what her sister would become.

"It suited me, doing those things, ya know?  It felt right to do them, like a second skin.  I enjoy the challenge of it too, like a puzzle.  What's the best way to approach this assignment?  I have to do quite a bit of research on the target you know.  Learn their schedule, their habits, who they talked to..."

"You said you like beating up others, but you feel incomplete.  Have you considered that you can combine causing pain with something else that makes you feel good inside?  Like I said, I like the challenge, the puzzle.  I like to use my brain and my hooves.  What do you like?"

@Fealine

Fealine

She really understood! She couldn't even begin to describe the overwhelming feeling of relief and happiness that Error understood all the jumbled words coming out of her mouth. She winced at the noogie but laughed, gently batting off the mer's hoof. "Hey!" she chuckled, fixing her hair before listening intently. No one had ever spoken more interesting things to her she felt like she was hanging on Error's every word.

"What else do I like?" she thought a moment. Oathkeeper popped into her mind but that was something else. She was probably number on on the list of people she wanted to keep safe. That, though, she'd do anyways, it didn't matter if it was free or not.

And then she paused, eyes wide.

"Free..." she repeated to herself softly before an idea hit her. "Money!" she suddenly said excitedly before shrinking a back a moment. "I mean, I also like money. Being able to buy everything I like. Buying stuff to train and get better.... all that costs money... but I cant punch people for money..." she frowned again, feeling like she had lost track.... except not. Something kept pushing her down this road.

"Hey, do you get paid to do this stuff? Ya know besides enjoying the puzzles and what not, what else do you get out of it?"

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

Error almost snorted with laughter when her sister blurted out money.  Of course.  The mer cracked a grin and slowly shook her head.  "You really are papa's child."

With a smile Error hopped up from the couch, crossing the room to grab her laptop from her desk.  With a few strokes of the keys she pulled up her bank account and turned the screen towards her sister.

"Of course I get paid.  How do you think I afford this place?"  Sure, she did the occasional coding gig, but the big bucks were really in her primary line of work.

"There's lots of ways to make money with violence.  You could become a professional fighter, like a boxer, or you could protect people like a bodyguard or a cop."  The mer leaned in and gave a wink, "or you could be like me.  Though it's a bit harder to find customers for my line of work."

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis's eyes lit up as Error showed off her bank account. Was that a tiny bit of drool at the corner of her mouth?

Reaching out to try and touch the screen before Error pulled it away, she let her nose wrinkle. "Fighter sounds fun but meh. Definitely not a cop. I mean I want to protect those I care about but those sound like they have too many rules." she said, thinking a moment, mind lingering on bodyguard. "That one sounds.... fun though. A bodyguard.... like celebs pay for those don't they? I could make so much AND get to kick people in the face..." she said, her eyes now going wide and sparkling almost.

"I could be a bodyguard.... for hire! But like, maybe... for the highest bidder.... can I do that? Can I make people bid on me?" she laughed, a somewhat wicked smirk crossing her face but it was mostly just filly excitement.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

"Yep, people with deep pockets have those.  You gotta fight some real weirdoes in that job though." 

The mer hummed to herself for a moment, thoughtful.  "Well, you could certainly have people bid on you. But, you'll have to prove yourself first before people will be willing to throw money at your feet.  Don't think just me and papa vouching for you will get you far.  I might know a mare who could give you a gig though, she's already got several bodyguards working for her.  Maybe one could take you under their wing.  Then, once you've shown that you're competent, you can start seeing who's got the biggest bag."

@Fealine

Fealine

Aegis frowned again, feeling like her emotions were doing roller coasters. Error did make good points though and the filly had resigned herself to trusting her older sister, since she clearly knew what she was doing. Plus, being able to shadow an actual bodyguard? How could would that be?! She'd get to watch the real deal in action! Grinning, she sat forward eagerly and laughed. "OH? Who, details. Give me all the details! I want to learn as much as I can starting now!" she smirked, flaring out and flexing her wings.

"Does... does this mean I'm one step closer to finding my purpose?" she asked, hopeful, after a few moments of silence, watching Error eagerly for her reply.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

"Sweet little alicorn that hired me once.  You might of seen her around on the internet before.  I can probably arrange an introduction"  The mer scratched her head, flopping back onto the couch. 

"Finding your purpose?  Eh." Error gave a shrug, "I dunno.  Isn't your purpose up for you to decide?"

@Fealine

Fealine

An alicorn huh? On the internet? Aegis had a few ideas. She hadn't watched much streams but she did run across a particular one on occasion. "You are the best Error." Aegis simply said before leaning back in contemplation.

She sat there what felt like several moments, quiet and deep contemplation on her face before she sprung back up and laughed. "It is. And I've decided... I'm going to be a bodyguard for hire, to whoever has the highest price. Smash face and get paid!" she grinned, clapping her hooves together excitedly. Tomorrow she was going to start brushing up and ask Oathkeeper to increase her strength trainings.

Before she fully left though, she got up and went over to the couch Error was on, leaping up to give the mer a hug, whether she wanted it or not. "Thanks sis. You rock."

@cursedwanderer