News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP] Visiting the Dead [Hellbound/Heavenly Body]

Started by Ruriska, May 21, 2021, 01:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruriska

Hellbound liked his life to be ordered. He clocked in and out of work exactly when he was supposed to, followed the same paths home and kept his life on a strict routine. Order was competence.

There were some small deviations here and there, he also left time open for 'random events' and 'spontaneity' if one could even schedule time to be spontaneous but for the most part things were kept a certain way and he did not like to deviate.

Which was why discovering that an important file from the sensitive file room had been destroyed and needed to be replaced immediately with a new copy, right at the end of his shift, came as a great disruption to his day.

He was also a stallion thoroughly dedicated to his job and so he took out his diary, reorganized his schedule and set off at a brisk pace in order to fix the problem as soon as possible.

And with his massive size and long legs, reaching his destination was no trouble at all.

Phonyland morgue was a nondescript building which he presumed made sense. You didn't really want to make a big show of such a place in a theme park but you also couldn't go without. There were many reports about unfortunate accidents to guests that were Very Important and Very Sensitive and needed to be well guarded by someone of his stature.

Which was why he was here.

He paused only briefly at the door to check they were open and then pushed through, dipping his head to enter, his voice immediately filling the reception with a booming, "GOOD EVENING."

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

It wasn't unusual for Heavenly Body to stay late at work.  She could often be found lingering around the morgue, talking to the corpses if she didn't have other plans for the evening.  She found the peace of the dead comforting and the stories they had to tell fascinating.  One of the latest bodies had come from a certain hotel themed ride and she liked to imagine that this fine gentleman had been having the best day of his life with his family before the heart attack had taken him.  She leaned close to his face, admiring the scruff on his cheeks.  Maybe he was a fisherman, spending long months away from his family and he'd been saving up all that time to take them all on one special trip.  What a way to die, the carousel sighed and thought it was a rather romantic notion to be lost at sea for the sake of your family.

The carousel pegasus was lost in thought, pondering if there were any fisherman get ups in her collection of costumes in her office (her habit of dressing up the corpses familiar to her coworkers), when a loud booming voice nearly startled her out of her skin.  Heavenly Body let out a squeak as she jumped out of her seat, stumbling over the wheeled stool she had been sitting on and crashing into the table that held her tools.  A scalpel and set of tweezers clattered to the floor as the mare took a deep breath, her long mane now a mess.

"I- I-  I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone.  My staff didn't tell me there were visitors," she murmured, trying to brush away the few strands of hair that had made their way in front of her face, cheeks a rosy tint from embarassment.

"Can I help you?"  She glanced towards the body spread out on the tray and gave it a gentle nudge back into the refrigerator.  "Were you a family member?  I don't think we had anything scheduled..." She gulped.

@Ruriska
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Ruriska

It became immediately apparent that Hellbound had made an error. The room that he had entered was clearly not a reception area, unless it was normal to keep the corpses in full view for every visitor. This was unfortunate mostly because Hellbound hated making mistakes and having blundered onto such a scene made him freeze as his mind raced to come up with the correct script for this scenario.

There was none and so he stood stiffly, trying not to let the presence body drag his gaze towards it. It was rude to stare at someone unable to tell you to stop. So instead he kept his eyes on the mare whose embarrassment seemed unnecessarily great considering it was Hellbound who had used the wrong entrance and given her a fright.

Although perhaps her dismay came from her clumsy display. Even now the scalpel was spinning lazily on the ground as it slowed to a halt.

He was very glad when she pushed the body out of view and with that distraction gone, he found his voice.

"MY APOLOGIES," he boomed once more, his voice echoing around the large space and making his ears flick back. "I BELIEVED I WAS ENTERING THE RECEPTION ROOM. COULD YOU PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION? I HAVE AN URGENT MATTER TO ATTEND TO."

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

The blue mare gaped at the dashing stallion as his booming voice echoed throughout the room.  For once HB didn't seem tired at all and more astonished (and maybe a little scared) by all the yelling.  Was this gentlephony that upset that he needed to yell?  Typically grieving family members were more quiet and focused inward.

HB bent over and carefully picked the instruments off the floor, setting them back on the table where they belonged.  When that was done she brushed the hair out of her eyes and gave the stallion a look over.  He had massive horns, unlike any unicorn she'd ever seen.  It was fascinating to wonder how he'd acquired the mutation.  She certainly hadn't seen any other phony like it.

"I'm sorry.  I can probably help you out if you'd like?  There's really just a small number of us running this place so we all typically handle multiple roles."  The carousel brushed herself off, heading towards the door the fellow carousel had entered from.  "If you would follow me?"  She held out a hoof, gesturing.

@Ruriska
I am disabled, so if I'm slow to reply or disappear for a bit that's probably why.  Thank you for your understanding.

Ruriska

The other Phony had recovered from his arrival and Hellbound was pleased to move on from his faux pas, although he would suggest later that they put up for signage or at least lock doors not meant to be wandered into by the general public.

"I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT." His voice was still LARGE but had somehow dropped in intensity. The large Carousel nodded and shifted around slightly, to let her take the lead and return him to the correct course.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

The carousel mare slowly walked down the hall, careful with every step, although she couldn't help but jolt when he spoke.  She'd already made a fool of herself once in front of this intimidating gentleman and she would prefer not to repeat the offence.

Hooves clopping against the cool tile, she brought the stallion to the small waiting area located by the front desk.  Behind the desk's counter sat several filing cabinets stuffed full of death certificates, bills, and the like.

"So, Mr. ?"  HB tilted her head, expectantly as she shuffled papers around.  "How can I help you? 

@Ruriska

Ruriska

As soon as they entered the waiting room with the desk and cabinets, Hellbound relaxed slightly. This was much more in line with what he had been expecting. Except that the cabinets had clearly been haphazardly stuffed and didn't seem at all organized. He stared at them, his right eye twitching in response to the clear violation of the Guidelines for Neat Filing.

It took a great effort to peel his gaze away and focus on the tall starry mare. He hadn't taken much notice of her appearance before but this time he indulged in some idle curiosity in regards to her coat. That was not a pattern he had seen before in real life but he recalled such strains were appropriately referred to as Sparkle Phonies.

"MY NAME IS HELLBOUND. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ASSIST ME." His tone, despite the volume, was as polite as he could manage. He had not failed to notice her jolt when he had spoken earlier.

"I AM STATIONED IN THE MAIN ADMIN BUILDING. ROOM 666 SECURE FILES. THIS EVENING I WAS INFORMED THAT THE DEATH REPORT OF ONE INDIVIDUAL, A MR. RONALD MCDONALD, NEEDED TO BE REPLACED." He did not mention it had been destroyed by some imbecile. That was unprofessional, even if thinking about it made him grit his teeth and fight back a growl.

"COULD YOU ASSIST ME WITH GETTING ANOTHER COPY?"

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

Heavenly Body nodded along as she listened, head turned to look at him while she slowly approached the filing cabinets.  Not altogether the safest method of walking for someone so clumsy, but the carousel made it to one of the cabinets without further distress.

"Oh no!  Poor Mr. McDonald, we wouldn't want him being forgotten.  Did it get caught and tear when someone was pulling it out?"  She said softly, pulling open one of the drawers and flicking through it.  Suddenly she stopped, pulling out a small folder from the bunch before she returned to the front desk.

"Now Mr. Hellbound, I'm afraid I'm going to need some ID just to verify you are who you say you are before I can make a copy of this for you.  Just a formality of course, we have protocols to ensure we don't have anyone using this information to steal identities you see.  I'm sure you are who you say you are."

@Ruriska

Ruriska

It was with great satisfaction that Hellbound reached underneath his saddle where he had tucked away his staff ID card. "OF COURSE," he said as he slipped it free and presented the card to her on his massive hoof with a proud lift of his chin. "I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THIS ACCEPTABLE."

The little plastic card had a picture of his face (staring forward into the camera with a grimace), his name and all other relevant information. It looked neat and official. Hellbound was very proud of it and always relished the chance to show off.

Woe to the being who thought he would ever come unprepared to an important work task.

"I AM PLEASED TO TAKE PART IN THE ADHERENCE TO PROTOCOL." He gave the mare a respectful nod. 

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

The large mare leaned close to inspect the ID, taking it in her hooves for a moment to flip it over before holding it up to the light to look at the foil hologram in the corner.

"Ah, looks good!"  She smiled, handing it back to him before clapping her hooves together.  "Now are you just needing the death report or will you need me to make up a new death certificate as well?  That will be a little bit longer of a wait as I'll have to fill one out for you..."   

The mare opened up the folder she'd left on the desk as she'd checked out his ID and skimmed over the death report the attending physician had filled out as she carried it towards the copier.  66 years old, male, red hair, and died of a heart attack.  It looked like a Wendy Thomas was his next of kin, she wondered if he'd had a lot of family to mourn him. 

It was always sad to think of the dead, perhaps that's why she had begun creating the stories to cope with it.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

Hellbound watched with great satisfaction as she inspected his ID and found it acceptable. There was nothing better than being (rightly) challenged and then proving that he had the correct level of security clearance.

"THANK YOU," he said sincerely as he took back the card, pausing to give it a fond glance before he slipped it away back beneath his saddle. "BOTH ARE NECESSARY. I WILL WAIT AS LONG AS REQUIRED."

It was important for Phonyland that all information pertaining to potential liabilities was kept safe and secure (and not accidentally put through the shredder). Deaths was one of them, and although Hellbound had carefully sorted all of the ones in his file room, he had never wondered about the how's or why's.

They were just names on paper.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

"Alright then," She said with a smile.  "You may want to take a seat.  If you'd like to talk about some story for work to keep yourself entertained while you wait I would be happy to listen.  I'm sure you must have lots of interesting stories since you work for the government." 

The carousel gestured to the sparse seating of the reception area before turning back to the copier, scanning and printing fresh copies of the coroners report.  With nary a pause, from the bottom right drawer she retrieved a blank certificate, bringing it to her desk.  Once seated HB began copying over the information.  Since the certificate was for government purposes and not the family it contained more information then the standard certificate one would see when their family member's died.

Pen in hoof, HB took note of the relevant information, slowly filling out the boxes on the form.  Once his name was added she included his date of birth and time of death, as well as the location he'd died, what had caused it and any other illness he had had at the time of his passing.  The task was tedious, but the mare didn't mind and she hummed under her breath as she worked.

@Ruriska

Ruriska

"SILENCE IS FINE."

Chitchat had never been his strong suit and Hellbound wasn't inclined to give anyone details about his work for privacy reasons. His employment contract had specifically stated that he not divulge any potentially sensitive information to anyone and he wasn't about to break that rule now.

So he simply walked over to the seating area, found a chair that could sort of accommodate his side, sat very rigidly and began waiting.

@cursedwanderer

cursedwanderer

"Oh," she blinked.  "Ok.  You'd get along with my patients, they don't do much talking either" the mare cracked a small smile as she continued writing.  She wondered what else the demonic stallion might have in common with the dead.  Clearly he shared their aptitude for being full of secrets and mystery.

Once all the boxes were filled and the checks checked, Heavenly Body rose from her seat and brushed her hair away from her weary eyes.  "Well Mr. Hellbound, I just need to stamp this and you'll be all set to go.  Is there anything else you needed?  I'm afraid we're a little bit past closing time so I will have to let you out, but that shouldn't be much of a problem."

Clumsy hooves fumbled around in the drawers, in search of the elusive stamp.  The mare couldn't help but let a small yawn slip as she searched, eyes closed as she relied on the feeling of her hooves.

"Ah, there it is!"  She pulled it out with a smile, retrieving both the official stamp and an ink pad.  The stamp was thrust into the ink and rolled slightly to make sure the surfaces were evenly covered before she pressed it against the paper.

"All done!"

@Ruriska

Ruriska

As always Hellbound was as patient as a statue. He simply sat and waited and said absolutely nothing until she asked him a question. It was only then that he rose to his hooves and answered, "THAT WILL BE ALL."

He was extremely grateful for how agreeable she had been and said exactly that as he walked over to watch as that last official stamp was put in place.

"I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP."

As she rolled the stamp neatly to make sure the ink had properly covered it and the image left behind on the paper printed perfectly, he gave a small rumble of satisfaction. It was a shame his own position did not require such things.

"I WILL TAKE IT NOW." There was a lilt to his loud voice that was a question as he held out his hoof for the paper. 

@cursedwanderer