News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[ORP] Trick or Treating! [Laughter]

Started by Ruriska, October 19, 2021, 02:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinded By Silence

Dippy pranced in place with a giggle as a new face approached. Another ghostie! Oh this was just too good, she couldn't believe their luck!

"Thanks, you too! Welcome to the group, new friend!" She beamed brightly through clenched teeth. She shook her head to open up her bag, "Let's get going, yeah? I can't wait~"

Fealine

This was all becoming crazily overwhelming and yet somehow fun at the same time. The flutter foal couldn't help but shake his head and laugh softly to himself as he watched the two siblings bubble over with enough energy for all of them.

He softly pulled out a small cloth bag that he had hand painted himself with various flowers, flourish and a clock face right in the middle, it's time painted at random, at least to anyone but him. "I am ready!" he smiled, nodding, ready to get going when another foal joined them, also a ghost.

"Ghosts really are popular this year!" he smiled beneath his sheet, waving a purple hoof at the pink ghost. "Just in time, I think we were just leaving to go trick or treating." he said, glancing around at the others, excitement now welling up inside his chest.

@Syrcaid @Ruriska @Blinded By Silence @Nym
(sorry for the delay, life gave me covid)

Syrcaid

"Hiya, every ghosty!" Thunder Bird said.  "If you're okay with me leading us around, I can start going to the first street!  Everyone got their bag? Dippy made some real good ones!"

Thunder Bird wasn't necessarily a good leader, as she'd never been one before, but she was more than happy to give it a go.  How hard could leading a haunting of tiny ghosts from door to door be?  It was all in a (mostly) straight line.

"Oh! Before I forget..." she sighed.  "It's time for the Safety Lecture..."

She pulled off her ghost costume for a minute and cleared her throat.

"AHEM! Be sure you are visible at all times.  Don't wear dark, non reflective costumes."

She looked at Serendipity.  "I don't think THAT'S gonna be a problem," she laughed.

@Ruriska @Nym @Fealine @Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

"That's right! Safety first!" She trilled, tossing a hoof full of glitter into the air, letting it rain over the group.

Dippy tucked her bag under her wing and showed off her saddle bag once more, "If anyone has any costume accidents, I brought tape and my stapler, and glue and..." She blushed and let her gauzy costume fall back over it, "Hehe, sorry to interrupt, Tee-Tee."

Nym

Paladin nodded, taking the safety talk very seriously. He'd make sure everyone was close to the group!

"I know the neighborhood pretty well, I can help if we get lost." Paladin nodded around them, gesturing gently. He doubted anything would happen to the group, especially on a date where many phonies were aware of the children rustling about and kept an eye out for them, but it was best to be prepared. Always.

The glitter stuck to his skin and he blinked at his arm and shifted it in the lamplight. Ah -- that'd take forever to wash off.

Ruriska

Witch Hazel had quietly and very graciously picked up one of the extra candy bags Dippy had brought, thinking how nice that everyone had been so prepared. It made her feel a bit silly, turning up to halloween with barely any effort put in. Even her sheet looked so much more tatty compared to everyone else.

She admired one of the halloween stickers, a funny little bat, and smiled underneath her costume.

It shouldn't have come as any surprise to have yet another ghost arrived. "Hello," Hazel said softly, not one to seek attention when others were so much brighter and louder. She was happy for them to remain the focus while she basked in just being part of something fun and innocent.

She nodded along to the safety lecture, though she hardly considered this a dangerous activity. Hanging out near your mother's pond while she was feeling extra murderous was dangerous. The only danger Hazel faced here was tripping on her costume.. or yes, maybe getting a little lost. She didn't know the streets very well.

"Which house do we go to first?" She asked.

@Nym @Blinded By Silence @Syrcaid @Fealine

Syrcaid

"Dippy and the new kid," Thunder Bird said, gesturing to Paladin. "Dippy can be in charge of safety and you can be my second in command. If anyone else wants to take up a job helping the other kids, just say so!  Let's get going before all the good candy is gone!"

She made a costume check one more time, got her bag and picked a direction.

"We're going this-a-way, new kid, which door first?"

@Nym @Ruriska @Blinded By Silence @Fealine

Fealine

Mended listened to the safety talk and nodded in agreement. Though he wasn't sure anything bad was going to happen he did have to agree he didn't fancy getting lost.  When Paladin mentioned knowing the area pretty well he felt a sigh of relief. "Ah our Ghost in shining sheet!" he smiled, chuckling a bit at his own joke before ducking back and hoping they laughed too at his cheesy joke.

He glanced over towards the tattered ghost and landed next to her, smiling though she couldn't see it beneath his cape. "Nice bag, I love the stickers. " he said holding out his plain bag, wishing he had a sticker or two. Hopefully they'd get a lot of candy to fill it up. "You excited?" he asked, hoping she was ok, she seemed rather quiet, but then again, Dippy and Tee seemed great at taking charge and he was ok with this. He'd offer his support where needed!

@Ruriska @Syrcaid @Blinded By Silence @Nym

Nym

Paladin nodded towards the greeting from another ghosty-filly, flipping his hood back over his head in an effort to feel just a tad more comfortable. He stiffened upright as attention was drawn to him, although the task handed to him was something he actually felt he was fairly suited for. Helping others and leading was something Paladin enjoyed, he found, especially if it ensured everyone was safe in the end.

"Alright," he answered, sliding beside Thunder Bird and tilting his head in thought. He watched a crowd of foals approach an extravagantly decorated house and return back with caramel apples and shrieks of delight, nodding towards it.

"There, before they run out?"

@Ruriska @Fealine @Syrcaid @Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

"Aye Aye, Captain Tee-Tee!" She saluted dramatically and grinned ear to ear. She looked over the group, counting them and holding their details in her mind. She'd make sure to do a headcount after each house. No one was getting lost on her watch!

"Ooh, that sounds like a great idea! I love caramel apples! Lead the way!" Dippy waiting for the others to start walking. After all, it was easier to keep track of everyone if she took up the rear watch.

@Syrcaid @Ruriska @Fealine @Nym

Ruriska

Witch Hazel was quiet for a long time after Mended spoke to her, long enough it might have seemed as if she wasn't going to answer. But she was just sorting out her emotions and deciding on the right sort of reply, which ended up being a very simple, "yes, I am excited."

She watched as the kids ahead of them laughed over their full bags and caramel apples.

This was it.

This was the moment.

She was really going to go trick or treating.

Nobody had moved first yet, even after Dippy called for someone to lead the way. So Witch Hazel stepped forward. "Follow me," she said, her voice low, as she started towards the first house, a little ghostling ready for her first treat.

(10000 years laterrr.... @Fealine @Nym @Syrcaid @Blinded By Silence )