News:

Thank you for coming and welcome to My Little Phony's new standalone forums!
Please bear with us as we continue setting up info and admin all over the site.

If you're here from Gaia, here's a helpful list of changes on the new site!

If you experience difficulties/delays in receiving your activation email, please let us know!
You can contact us on Discord or email us at adopts(at)citycyb.org.
We will be checking for new members and will activate your account ASAP.
Live and Hotmail have been especially particular about receiving email from our servers. D8

Thank you for joining us and your patience as we sort things out! Remember, Phonyland loves you!

Main Menu

[PRP - Accessorize for Life: Flits and Giggles & Beyond Bedazzled]

Started by Byagane319, December 30, 2020, 05:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byagane319

@Syrcaid

Bebe was so excited.  It was after a holiday so she was having a special sale on a lot of her themed jewelry and accessories.  All sorts of little trinkets, hair clips, and even small home décor was buy one get one free!  The merphony zoomed about with her little on-land hoverboard as she straightened the displays and organized all the different lip-glosses.  Her shop was geared toward young fillies or those inclined to decorate with cheap plastic items.  Nothing was overly expensive, perfect for allowance funds, but there was a little something for everyone.  Crowns and pearls for those regally inclined, cupcakes and small animals for those who loved cute, even feathered and sequined items for the flashy.  Once she was finally done she flipped the store sign to "Open" and put out a stand up sign that read "All Accesssories Buy One Get One Free".

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

It must have been strange to see a fully grown Flits make his way inside, eyes wide and with a sequined clutch purse slung sideways on a chain.

"How long has this place been here!?" he said to the open air.  "Holy smoooookes."

He went aisle by aisle, something like a high pitched squeal streaming out of his face.  It could have confused dolphins for miles as he leaned in and eyeballed everything in the shop.  This was heaven!

"All Accesssories Buy One Get One Free!!?" he was doing a little dance now.  His hair escaping a very loose bun on his head.

About the only thing Flits spent money on other than food was trinkets.  Gads and gads of kitsch, he as often gifted organizer shelves by his coworkers at the Phonyland Aviary to help him keep track of it all.

@Byagane319 

Byagane319

Bebe looked up as she heard the ding of the bell on her door.  The splash of green and teal didn't seem out of place here, maybe some pink would complete the look, but the age of said phony did surprise her.  Perhaps he was looking to purchase something for a little filly in his life.  Then she saw his bag.  Nope he was definitely here to shop.

"Oh I've been open only for a two months.  Just in time for holidays but now just in time for AFTER holidays sales!  Welcome to Bedazzled!  I'm Beyond Bedazzled, or Bebe, the owner!" she smiled as she floated over to him.  Her own accessories looked amazing as always, the marks along her tail only adding to her amazingness.

"Oh yes!  All accessories are on sale!  Gotta move the holiday stuff out so I can get ready for spring!  Is there anything special you were looking for today?" she asked with her usual retail friendliness.  Her bronze eyes admired the stallion before her, she'd have to make a series with his colors.  They were so fabulous!  Green cloth and sequined teal.  Perfect!

@Syrcaid

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

"Oh, that makes sense," Flits nodded.  "That's a great name!  I'm Flits N Giggles, I work at the Aviary!  I lived in a tree and was raised by birds."

He figured he'd get it all out, people would either back away or their curiosity would get them after that.  It was easier to figure out who'd put up with him after that, he found.

"I'm not really looking for anything in particular, I collect all sorts of things!  Look!"

He came up to the checkout counter, opened up his clutch purse, and dumped its contents with a clatter.  It sparkled, glistened, rolled, and bounced out all sorts of things.  There were little acrylic charms free roaming, about three or more rollerball lipgloss tubes, many hair scrunchies in various colors and patterns, and a brushable Phony doll with all its accessories loose inside.

"It's like looking into my brain," he said softly, staring down into it like he was telling his own fortune.

@Byagane319

Byagane319

Bebe cocked her head to the side a bit as the stallion announced he'd been raised by birds.  But then again that just means he had a real appreciation for the small shiny things she sold.  Birds loved to try and steal some of her accessories.  "Well they've raised a lovely young stallion!" she smiled and nodded before he dumped his purse onto the counter.

She looked over each item like it was a precious gem, turned them over as she examined them and nodded.  "You are a stallion of excellent taste.  OH!  You have GOT to see these!" she squealed and tugged him over to her lipgloss display.

"See I had a BUNCH of these left over but they are like, so amazing,"
she said as she held up the lip gloss tubes that were flavored for the season such as gingerbread and peppermint but all the tubes had been sequined.  "AND!" she announced proudly, "They switch," she rubbed her hoof over the sequins and they changed color.  She was so proud when she ordered them.  They'd been popular for a bit but as the season wore on they lost their edge.

@Syrcaid

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

He followed her without question, his head honing in to anything she pointed at.  Flits cooed, giggled, and squealed at it all.

"Flip sequins!!" he applauded as though he'd seen the greatest performance in the world.  "I love it!"

He pulled out all the Phony Bux he had from a zipper inside his purse and offered it all to her. "How much can I get with this?"

Flits got a modest pay, it was an affiliated sanctuary that was part of the Phonyland Zoo.  They raised and bred rare birds and it was his job to keep them happy and clean.  He ate mostly grains and bought it in bulk and lived inside the aviary itself in a disused office.  It was a cot, shelves, and a counter that held a single hotplate to cook his meals on, but mostly he ate cold oats soaked in soy milk.   He was so frugal with everything but his hobby.

@Byagane319

Byagane319

Bebe smiled, enjoying finding another Old Enough who actually enjoyed the things she made and ordered.  Most adults called her stuff cheap or childish but Bebe found such joy in them.  From every sequin to plastic crystal she marveled at the many things she could decorate and make even more amazing.

Then the stallion pulled out all his money and asked about what he could get.  Bebe almost felt a little bad about him spending all his money, but then again most fillies did the exact same thing with their allowances.  She'd seen her fair share of piggybanks be cracked open for her sales.

"Let me see," she mused as she swam through her store picking out several things.  Some were mane and tail accessories, complimentary colors for the green and teal pegasus.  Others were lip gloss and some jewelry.  She even tossed in a set of Wing Bling, little stick on jewels for pegasus wings.  "I think this should be a good amount.  And you can still get yourself something sweet at one of the shops near by.  Gotta keep that energy up to bring all this bling," she giggled.

@Syrcaid

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

"Oh, this will be plenty to play around in!" he nodded.  "It'll be fun to see what I can mix and match with the things I already have!"

Flits was already picturing in his head all the different ways he could arrange and admire them.  Maybe he could even pair them with things he already had and create ensembles!  Or perhaps he could use them to accessories his piles of toys, dolls, and brushable figures.

"I have a Instablam account," he added.  "I have followers who love it when I display my mix of related colors, styles, or just all the glitter!  Would it be okay to recommend your store and credit you for your bling suggestions?"

@Byagane319

Byagane319

Bebe smiled, nothing like a happy customer to put her in a great mood.  This stallion was really awesome, she'd love to talk shop with him more.  At his request to put her name out for all the other phonies who loved glitter and cheap glam, she blushed a bit.  She'd not done much in the way of social media advertising.

"Oh!  Well sure I don't mind!  I mean I make all this stuff myself and I was thinking of offering supplies or even classes for those who wanna customize things themselves," she motioned him to follow her and she showed him a little back room with floor to ceiling tray boxes.  She had everything organized by color (there was a complete rainbow) and type of decor (gem, sequin, etc).  Another door was labeled Blanks.

"Back there is all the hum drum stuff I order.  Nothing sparkles until I make it!" she smiled brightly.  "Maybe I should do something more on social media but I'm a bit behind on it."

@Syrcaid

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

"Oh, yeah!  You totally should," Flits nodded enthusiastically.  "People love looking at shiny objects arranged nicely, it's pretty trendy right now.  Moodboards, color schemes, cute things with the 'core' in their names.  Kidcore, candycore, pastelcore, cottagecore... you put 'core' in it with a hashtag and it'll trend!"

With the wonders of modern technology, he'd managed to get himself a prepaid Phony phone with a camera decent enough to take pictures for his Instablam.  He took a moment to rearrange his clutch purse to stuff in his new purchases, already thinking of how to pose them for pictures in his head.

"Thank you so much for humoring me, I know I'm strange," Flits said, the tips of his ears going pink.  "It's hard going into shops with pink toys and such as a full grown stallion, you wouldn't think many people would give you strange looks these days but some still do!"

@Byagane319

Byagane319

Bebe had a soft look on her face when Flits talked about being thought of as strange and getting looks in other stores.  Was it really so bad?  Sure she was surprised to see an adult in her shop actually wanting to buy things but she was just happy to have a customer.  She put a hoof on his shoulder and patted it, "Don't worry sweets.  I don't think you are strange at all.  To me everyphony has their own thing that makes them happy.  And that's all that matters.  Happiness!"

She looked back at her shop, "Do you think....maybe...you could help me?  With the social media bit?  I'm not very good with technology.  Even my register is kinda old school."  She blushed a little.  Despite being so crafty poor Bebe was a bit behind the times when it came to modern social media stuff.  "I mean if it's not too much of a hassle!" she added quickly.

@Syrcaid

Bebe's little sweetheart

Syrcaid

"Oh, sure!  No prob!"  Flits nodded.  "I've got to head back to work in a few, but somewhere... in..."

Flits started digging into his purse again.  There was a zipper pouch he hadn't even tapped into yet and he opened it to reveal his business card case.  It was as blinged out with shiny plastic objects and stickers as the rest of his collection.  If a magpie died and had been very very good, it would probably end up in Flits' purse as a spirit in the afterlife.

"Here's my phone number and where I work!  I am studying in my spare time for bird rehabilitation!  I hope to make it a job someday, birds saved me and now I want to save them," he smiled at her.  "But I do get lunch breaks!  Maybe we can grab some eats and something caffeinated!  Umm... what do you eat?"

He wasn't totally clueless, but he had no idea if a Mer's diet was different than those with more feet.

@Byagane319

Byagane319

Bebe smiled with relief that she wouldn't be a burden on the future bird savior.  She took the card, admiring it and wondering if she could make her own this way.  One more thing for her to make.  And she could given them out for free!

As he spoken of a lunch meeting her cheeks pinked a bit.  Bebe was a proud mare who didn't need no stallion to run her life but....it was nice to have one that didn't think her trinkets were silly.  She'd had a few dates and they'd all spoken down about her products.  Mostly that they wouldn't be caught dead in the shop.  It'd been disheartening.  But here was a stallion who adored her stuff!  And he was cute!

"Oh sure!" she smiled and giggled, "I eat most same as any other phony.  I prefer finger foods as it easier to eat while making my stuff.  So lunch would be great!  I'll look for a day where I can take the afternoon off from the store and come meet you!  Maybe I could even seen your bird friends!"

@Syrcaid

Bebe's little sweetheart